• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Cute animated MV for Hana Tsuruuchi's Ibiki Pop

Monari Wakita - IN THE CITY

Koutei Camera Gal are releasing a venue limited EP on Dec. 12 and their first album in March.

What was the latest with Mariko Goto?
Completely retired from music, for real this time. I thought I remembered one of her last tweets being about her having written one last idol song that would appear around the end of the year but I don't know it that ended up happening. If she ever comes back I wouldn't expect it to happen for another year or two at least.

Aizo

Banned
What is she doing now instead of music then?

Yeah, her wiki says "2016年5月17日、自身のツイッターで「音楽、完全にやめること」を宣言." I figured there was nothing new since then, but I wanted to check. :/
Wish I could've seen her live before she retired.

Kurita

Damn, go!go!vanillas will release a new single on January 18th, and the title track is produced by none other than Horie Atsushi from Straightener. Really looking forward to that. One of the b-sides will have the guitarist as the main vocalist, so it should be cool too.
Love their new promo picture, their dressing styles are all over the place lol
8d405a4e036da7551bbe12752c4ac56a.jpg

TsuXna

Two new glimpses at Hitorie's third album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPXlUVJYig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQHKJiOAM6E

I need this right nooooooow

Digest version of RADWIMPS's upcoming album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElwPOcWeJGg
Sounds freaking amazing. One week left! Man, it's already been 3 years since the last real album.

Sounds really good, can't wait.

Aimers concert was amazing. She is like a goddess, her voice delivers incredible sense of peacefulness, satisfaction and calmness. You close your eyes and find yourself in beautiful places. 10/10

The only problem is when she sings those rocky songs the instruments are too loud and and her voice doesn't get delivered very well.

Kurita

ONE OK ROCK to release their new album, Ambitions, on January 11th!
You can get a new song from it, Bedroom Warfare, on iTunes.
I really like it but yeaaaaaah, if people stopped with 35xxxv they won't come back. It's a super poppy song and I expect the whole album to be like that lol
I think I'm the only weirdo among fans/ex-fans that likes basically their entire discography, no matter what style they decide to adopt haha

kasane

radwimps still GOAT

honestly every album of them has been a home run for me,

edit: also haven't listen to one ok rock since they started to pander to their international audience, thats just what it seems like to me.

Kurita

edit: also haven't listen to one ok rock since they started to pander to their international audience, thats just what it seems like to me.

Well if you didn't like the previous album you won't like this one either yeah. I loved it so I'm okay with more of the same. Really curious to hear the rest of the album.
Taking Off is already one of their GOAT songs imo, can't get enough of it.

VMO / Pursuit of Dignity / MUSIC VIDEO

--

http://kiminosei.com/news/1118/
http://natalie.mu/music/news/209868

there's some kind of fuckery going on with Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da. what I've been able to piece together is that in lieu of actually paying the girls (wtf), management has been letting fans who give them tons of gifts get extra benefits like longer cheki sessions and so on. then pictures came out that these fans have also been getting "preferential treatment" outside of official events and everybody is losing their shit. The two girls in the picture are out of the group. e: and those fans have supposedly been banned from events.

I kind of hope that it's just their specific management and not all of codomomental because jesus christ. pay your employees, people. even WACK can manage that.

--

speaking of WACK, Aina the End is having vocal cord surgery and will go on hiatus while she recovers.

--

Hotaru is leaving Necronomidol. but at least it's so she can go to school, and not something shitty, so there's that.

New ONE OK ROCK pre-ordered.Cant wait.
radwimps still GOAT

honestly every album of them has been a home run for me,

Yea the last three Radwimps album are really good, cant wait to hear the new one.

This new Manatsu Nagahara song is better than I remembered her being before.

Excited. Eyeline was one of the best pop singles this year.

http://kiminosei.com/news/1118/
http://natalie.mu/music/news/209868

there's some kind of fuckery going on with Zenbu Kimi no Sei Da. what I've been able to piece together is that in lieu of actually paying the girls (wtf), management has been letting fans who give them tons of gifts get extra benefits like longer cheki sessions and so on. then pictures came out that these fans have also been getting "preferential treatment" outside of official events and everybody is losing their shit. The two girls in the picture are out of the group. e: and those fans have supposedly been banned from events.

I kind of hope that it's just their specific management and not all of codomomental because jesus christ. pay your employees, people. even WACK can manage that.

It seems like the management is at the root of this whole "scandal" and their solution is to oust members and ban fans instead of taking responsibility. I don't expect Zenkimi to recover from this as long as they're run by people who thought that was a good idea.

kasane

jinseiXboku is like the last album i listened tot and the only track i liked from 35xxxv is mighty long fall.

I honestly miss their jibun rock type sound and 完全感覚Dreamer

Kurita

Niiiiice, new Mrs. GREEN APPLE on January 11!
01. Lion
02. In the Morning
03. おもちゃの兵隊
04. 絶世生物
05. soFt-dRink
06. 鯨の唄
07. うブ
08. サママ・フェスティバル!
09. Oz(Album Version)
10. Just a Friend
11. FACTORY
12. umbrella(Album Version)
13. JOURNEY
So happy to finally have うブ on CD, it's such a dope song.

Aizo

Banned
I've been meaning to post about the show I went to last week in Roppongi for Nothing's Carved in Stone. I was on the guest list again, so I hadn't really bothered looking into the venue, but my friend told me when I met him there that it's common for idol groups to play there. As soon as the show started, I understood why. So many lasers and flashing lights. I had a high fever, and all those lights kinda freaked me out. If you get seizures, be careful of where you see shows!

I've been meaning to post about the show I went to last week in Roppongi for Nothing's Carved in Stone. I was on the guest list again, so I hadn't really bothered looking into the venue, but my friend told me when I met him there that it's common for idol groups to play there. As soon as the show started, I understood why. So many lasers and flashing lights. I had a high fever, and all those lights kinda freaked me out. If you get seizures, be careful of where you see shows!

Sounds like a great place to see shows.

Kurita

Just came back from THE ORAL CIGARETTES's show at Zepp Tokyo, hoooooooly shit that was out of this world.
Their tour was called Killer Tune Matusri and now I know why : zero slow songs played during the show. The most intense live I've ever been too. My throat hurts like hell, my whole body is about to fall apart lol
They have so many songs where the crowd can join in and scream to their heart's content, it's so satisfying. They started with DIP-BAP, which is even better live, cause the whole crowd does the "Oh oh oh oh" with the hand motion like in the music video, they had freaking lasers and an extended intro for this song. What a way to kick off the night.
Really unbelievable show. I already loved these guys to death but man, experiencing this basically secured them a special spot in my heart forever.

And they announced a new album for early 2017, can't waiiiiiiit!!!!!

Top Bottom