• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Aizo

Banned
I still have no friends in Japan into 大森靖子、Vampillia, 戸川純, or any artists like them that weird out normal people. Come see shows with me, you plebs.

Slowdive

Banned

Aizo

Banned
I know, I thought the artists I loved were more mainstream than that but whenever I say their names they're like "Never heard of them" haha
Well, aside from back number, RADWIMPS and KANA-BOON and ONE OK ROCK.
Yeah. I am shocked that I don't think I've met really anyone who knows NCIS. I try to relate to people with mainstream artists I like, but they don't even know them.

I miss my 軽音部. They knew all the bands I liked.

Kurita

Hero

Japanese Music GAF, I need your help. I used to have this one band's music video for a song that I don't remember and the video got taken down.

I don't think it was stereotypical pop but it had a female vocalist and male musicians and the only thing I can remember distinctly being in the music video was that the band members kept synchronizing their watches together. Pretty sure the female had a short/pixie hair cut. I know this is a super vague description but hoping someone here can go off that. This was probably at least 4 years ago that I first heard the song // watched the video.

Larsa

Japanese Music GAF, I need your help. I used to have this one band's music video for a song that I don't remember and the video got taken down.

I don't think it was stereotypical pop but it had a female vocalist and male musicians and the only thing I can remember distinctly being in the music video was that the band members kept synchronizing their watches together. Pretty sure the female had a short/pixie hair cut. I know this is a super vague description but hoping someone here can go off that. This was probably at least 4 years ago that I first heard the song // watched the video.

Tokyo Jihen - Noudouteki Sanpunkan probably?

Larsa

Yes, that's it! (of course it's not available on YT in North America...) Thanks so much! That description was enough to go by?

Yeah, watches, short hair and that time frame makes it pretty easy. Helps that I've watched every Tokyo Jihen video a million times.

New Shiho Nanba song from her upcoming e.p.

Kouteca2 and Senosister mash up their songs live.

・・・・・・・・・ don't need Hijokaidan to be noise idols.

ゆるめるモ!(You'll Melt More!)『ナイトハイキング』

--

http://natalie.mu/music/news/210473

as expected, those two members of ZenKimi are leaving the group, with Aza claiming she was going to quit this month anyway, which seems like some hottttt bullshit.

People like to hate on Watanabe for all the crazy stunts, but at least when he fucks up he takes responsibility. Codomomental always knew about this group of fans getting special treatment and they encouraged it because the gifts these fans gave to members supplanted the wages they weren't being paid. Then they act surprised when pictures come out and act like it's just a case of idols breaking the rules. Some of the worst management I've ever seen.

Anyway, glad the best song on the YMM! mini album got a video even thought it's no longer seasonally appropriate.

Watanabe is a huge douche, but you'd be crazy to say he doesn't genuinely care about the girls he manages (despite his pranks and stunts he pulls on them). the codomomental thing is some of the most cynical horseshit management I've seen yet, and even more worrying is that they have women in management who you'd think would be more prone to treating other women better.

I surely hope the other acts under that management group aren't being fucked over as bad as ZenKimi, but odds are low.

e: check your volume before clicking on that DOTS video, scared the shit out of myself at 7am this morning with that

jbug617

Banned
Kohaku teams announced
CyAE2oDWEAA0IV4.jpg

LayLa

two 46 groups and only one 48 group is kinda lol
they are doing some sort of sousenkyo thing where all members of 48 groups can be voted for and the top 48 get to go to the show. I wonder how much each vote costs.

Kurita

Saw KANA-BOON yesterday, I'm a changed man now. Not as intense as THE ORAL CIGARETTES, but a different kind of impact on me!

Awesome City Club to release their 4th album, Awesome City Tracks 4, on January 25!
Cool promo pic
583669fa9b5d3.jpg

01. 今夜だけ間違いじゃないことにしてあげる
02. Girls Don’t Cry
03. Sunriseまで
04. Cold & Dry
05. Movin' on
06. 青春の胸騒ぎ
07. Action!
OBKR and Yaffe from Tokyo Recordings worked on it, as well as Curly Giraffe and Ishiwatari from Supercar

Peru

Is it an award show or something? Did it already happen?

EDIT: OK, google makes it seem like this is like a Japanese Coachella.

It's just a year-end show on TV which list of performers has become a sort of test of who are the most popular artists that year. So most pop artists hope to be invited, but Utada has probably been invited and declined many times before.

Kurita

I went to my favorite music photographer Rui Hashimoto's pop-up store for his brand Stingray today, and one of the girls working there is actually one of my Instagram followers lol. Small world!

ART-SCHOOL will release a fan-request compilation on January 25

Kurita

New Passepied album, DNA, on January 25!
CyG_pLYUAAE6ZPG.jpg

1. 永すぎた春
2. やまない声
3. DISTANCE
4. ハイパーリアリスト
5. ああ、無情
6. メーデー
7. マイ・フィクション
8. スーパーカー
9. 夜の子供
10. おいしい関係
11. ラストダンス
12. ヨアケマエ

January looking good

Dunno why Taeko Ohnuki is getting so many mentions over the past few months but I'm totally on the bandwagon. The first four tracks of Sunshower are great. Really the whole album is good but man, that opening set. Some of my favourite songs of the year, no mean feat for an album from 1977.

I tried to get into Romantique because so many people consider that album groundbreaking for her, but for whatever reason the new wave/italo disco sound from that album doesn't do it for me. I need that AM sunshine pop goodness.

Kurita

夜の本気ダンス - Without You

THE ORAL CIGARETTES will drop their 3rd album on February 1st!
news_xlarge_theoralcigarettes_jkt201702_limited.jpg

01. リコリス
02. CATCH ME
03. 悪戯ショータイム
04. 5150
05. WARWARWAR
06. エンドロール
07. DIP-BAP
08. Shala La
09. 不透明な雪化粧
10. LOVE
Can't freaking wait, FIXION is one the best albums of 2016, hope this one will be as good.

Top Bottom