• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Thanks to whoever posted about that vinyl release of Suiyoubi no Campanella's Triathlon:

n7mBxopl.jpg

This'll go nicely with my copy of Jugem' je t'aime!

What are these two (1, 2) Kyary tweets about? Something to do with a tabloid or something? Not far off the number of likes and retweets from Taylor Swift's post about the Kanye phone call so it has to be something interesting I'm guessing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroki_Narimiya

"On December 9, 2016, Narimiya sent a fax to TV news channels announcing that he was leaving the entertainment industry due to allegations he used cocaine. "

Kyary was commenting on this, I believe, in his defense. Basically she's talking smack about the tabloids for ruining peoples lives.

for a hot second I thought an article was saying Kyary was on coke and I was about to fall out of my chair laughing

Kurita

New Perfume single, TOKYO GIRL, next February. No day yet.
Title track will be used for the drama Tokyo Tarareba Musume, and the coupling track is that Ora2 tie-up.

neshcom

Banned
New Perfume single, TOKYO GIRL, next February. No day yet.
Title track will be used for the drama Tokyo Tarareba Musume, and the coupling track is that Ora2 tie-up.

I guess that HeatTech song was just a throwaway YSTK demo, huh? Same because that could have been a cool club-y song. I don't love these more winter-y pop songs.

I am happy to see this thread. Big fan of Keiji Haino, Fushitsusha, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Shizuka, Kousokuya, Boris, Melt Banana etc etc. Very big fan of Kazuki Tomokawa.

I've seen Boris live a number of times now. They always put on a great show.

Slowdive

Banned
"Important" Kouteca news on the 16th, please announce they're not going to disband after all.

Please. :(

--

Maison book girl / karma / MV

Live Blu-ray and single out February 15th. Album out April 5th

I am happy to see this thread. Big fan of Keiji Haino, Fushitsusha, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Shizuka, Kousokuya, Boris, Melt Banana etc etc. Very big fan of Kazuki Tomokawa.

I've seen Boris live a number of times now. They always put on a great show.

Great taste! I'm seeing Boris live tomorrow.

llehuty

I guess that HeatTech song was just a throwaway YSTK demo, huh? Same because that could have been a cool club-y song. I don't love these more winter-y pop songs.
The HeatTech thing needs to be a full fleshed track, or at least the next album intro or something.

It'll be on the upcoming album as the next STORY or Party Maker, I'm sure. Atmospheric Entry was also probably their best pick to addressing the global audience who would be exposed to them through the Uniqlo ads.

We will get to hear Atmospheric Entry soon anyway when they air the recent tour.

frankly I'm having a rough time sorting it out, but it seems like nica's got beef with AGELOW over some rumors (potentially about her and Yunomi). it's really hard to follow.

also she got groped on a train or something and has been tweeting a lot of angsty stuff and deleting it, so I don't think she's in a great place.

e: but if this "private information" does also involve Yunomi, that could be a bad sign for CY8ER

broz0rs

Two of AKB's rising stars, Miki Nishino and Nana Owada, have both separately announced their graduations after getting caught by a tabloid for being out at 1am with some male idols.

The popular speculation is that their careers were likely dead so they'd rather leave than perform only at the theater.

ChryZ

It could end up in the b-side purgatory like Display :S

I really liked Display with its electro pop sound :'(

Came to post it!

They are coming back to Kagoshima tomorrow! Going straight after work. Gonna buy... and get them to sign EVERYTHING haha. Not really but maybe my copy of Awesome City Tracks 3 since I got them to sign 2 after seeing them live (my third day living in Japan no less haha -favorite story about moving here-)

Really excited. All their merch is live show only so gonna blow the xmas bank this time.

Kurita

Came to post it!

They are coming back to Kagoshima tomorrow! Going straight after work. Gonna buy... and get them to sign EVERYTHING haha. Not really but maybe my copy of Awesome City Tracks 3 since I got them to sign 2 after seeing them live (my third day living in Japan no less haha -favorite story about moving here-)

Really excited. All their merch is live show only so gonna blow the xmas bank this time.
Nice!
I'm seeing them in May at Akasaka Blitz, can't wait! Hyped for their new album next month

---
Today a dream came true, I went to see MONOEYES live, I finally saw Hosomi Takeshi performing... Dude is why I became a fan of Japanese rock 10 years ago with ELLEGARDEN.
Freaking amazing show, they played all their songs (well they only have 17 tracks so lol), the crowd was insaaaaaaaane. So much crowd surfing, I got hit in the head like 30 times lol
Hosomi's aura is something else. Dude has natural star power up the wazoo.

neshcom

Banned
It could end up in the b-side purgatory like Display :S

I really liked Display with its electro pop sound :'(
If the HeatTech song ended up like Display, I'd be super disappointed. Display has so much potential, but it's clearly just thrown together for that 60 second ad and nothing more.

Tain

The Ora2 song doesn't seem like my favorite kind of Perfume but boy is it adorable so it's all good. But I think that HeatTech song sounds better than the Tokyo Girl snippet.

ChryZ

If the HeatTech song ended up like Display, I'd be super disappointed. Display has so much potential, but it's clearly just thrown together for that 60 second ad and nothing more.
Huh? Display is a full 3m48s song and it was released on the Cling Cling single.

well to be fair the only good part of Display was the commercial segment.

I have minimal faith in Nakata at this point so if he manages something good it will be a pleasant surprise.

Yeah everyone's love/hate relationship with Nakata is weird. I agree he may not be what he used to be, but CE tracks were pretty great. Two snippets of the new songs and we have people asking him to retire (again).

Top Bottom