• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

evanmisha

(tries to download the recochoku app)

...seriously? You don't even want me to buy your shit? I will never understand. I get Line Music and dHits because streaming rights and bla bla... but Recochoku? Come on. Don't make me use iTunes. Which I can't even buy your shit on either cuz it's all region locked. Ughhh

Kurita

(tries to download the recochoku app)

...seriously? You don't even want me to buy your shit? I will never understand. I get Line Music and dHits because streaming rights and bla bla... but Recochoku? Come on. Don't make me use iTunes. Which I can't even buy your shit on either cuz it's all region locked. Ughhh

Use the Japanese Amazon MP3 store, you can use a foreign card to charge your balance and buy stuff.

Kurita

Grabbed it on iTunes, I really dig it.

Thank you! I wouldn't have thought of that.

(Also, Cosmic Explorer was fantastic and in my view much better than LEVEL3.)
No problem, just ask me if you need help

----
Looking at the January/February album releases, damn, 2017 will start with a bang.

January 11th : ONE OK ROCK, BLUE ENCOUNT, Mrs. GREEN APPLE, Brian the Sun
January 25th : Suchmos, SHE'S, Passepied, Boku no Lyric no Bouyomi, Awesome City Club
February 1st : THE ORAL CIGARETTES
February 8th : The Mirraz, Suiyoubi no Campanella, GOOD ON THE REEL
February 22nd : SHISHAMO, Kankaku Piero

Sweet!

Awesome City Club was awesome as expected. Only got to meet the drummer this time and shes super nice as last time we met. Got a shirt, then another from my friend who I brought with me as a early xmas present. Might have to go to their one man live in Fukuoka in April, its right near my birthday :) Set list was fun too!

Into the Sound
4月のマアチ
Children -atagi's mic borked out at the end when they started talking to the crowd-
Vampire -with an awesome acapella 1st lyric by porin-
WAHAHA
Don't Think Feel -with fun dancing in the crowd by atagi-
今夜だけ間違いじゃないことにしてあげる
「涙の上海ナイト」-for the encore -

Good show. The other two bands joining them, "SHE'S" and "Lili Limit" both being great as well. Especially SHE'S very good singer and band. Like a calmer RADWIMPS almost is the most simple way to describe them.

Kansoku

Goddamnit, today was the third day I dreamt of Gesu's 3rd album (達磨林檎) "releasing". In quotes because one of the dreams was that someone was leaking the album track by track on YouTube. The other two was official announcements on natalie.mu

Kurita

Goddamnit, today was the third day I dreamt of Gesu's 3rd album (達磨林檎) "releasing". In quotes because one of the dreams was that someone was leaking the album track by track on YouTube. The other two was official announcements on natalie.mu

Lol, I had a similar dream a while ago. Needless to say I was pretty pissed when I woke up.
I'm not losing hope, I'm sure we'll get it in 2017.

----
THE ORAL CIGARETTES 「リコリス」
Yaaaaaaaaass

http://www.avandoned.tokyo/single-post/2016/12/20/news

Natsu's leaving Avandoned.

--

https://twitter.com/ggggray_zone/status/811228618160357376

Yuki-chan is going on hiatus(?) from NATURE DANGER GANG

--

I couldn't find any good news so here's a picture of Eribon's excellent new merch

C0HTvZSUsAIfJHR.jpg:large

--
e:
https://twitter.com/nicamoq/status/811101308488851456

Nicamoq wants to be a policewoman, is too short?

--

https://note.mu/closer_note/n/n94773b2c00a7

Mizuho interview. Is not opposed to doing solo music after Beruha, mostly just wants to have time to herself since she started working a job as well.

kasane

Today i got baited by one ok rock's I was king by my youtube recommendations. I thought monoeyes released an MV for When i was a king

LMAO

kasane

hiro is seriously my #hairgoals

i got the length back to about the same length but i don't really wanna die it again since i was just done with my purple hair

GutsOfThor

I'm just starting to get into PERFUME because of FLASH

what albums should i listen too

Are you in for a treat!

I got into them three years ago with Level 3 and then proceeded to go through their entire catalog and it was like discovering music for the first time all over again.

Simple answer would be all of the albums. Even complete best has some great songs on there.

kasane

I guess id be sitting down for a long time theb

😂 😂 😂

Thanks guys. Will proceed to procure their albums

I'm just starting to get into PERFUME because of FLASH

what albums should i listen too

tumblr_n094oaIYfi1ruqqm0o1_500.gif

Seriously though, start with JPN or Triangle. Find out the singles (Half of the time they are better than the album mixes, case in point, FLASH) and work your way from there. You can venture into their pre-Nakata work but...eh, I don't recommend it personally.

Kurita

Seriously though, start with JPN or Triangle. Find out the singles (Half of the time they are better than the album mixes, case in point, FLASH) and work your way from there. You can venture into their pre-Nakata work but...eh, I don't recommend it personally.

I think the only album versions I prefer over the singles are Laser Beam, Cling Cling and Glitter.
I dislike all the LEVEL 3 album mixes.

Top Bottom