• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Slowdive

Banned
Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Two bands I love from opposite sides of the Earth together. Whoawhoawhoawhoa.

Hold still, my heart.

tricot supported them yesterday.

BkSm8XUCYAE9U6Y.jpg:large

Why shouldn't they? I mean the crowd does the wall of death at concerts so obviously they buy into it. No limitations or elitism fits in here, that's partly why a concept like this has worked, because they ran with a weird idea and succeeded.

they shouldn't because it sounds like shit. I have a strong distaste for most mainstream metal as it is. Not coincidentally, most of it is extremely image driven and musically basic. If they want to indulge some "metal customers" like myself I would prefer if they actually tried to refine that aspect of their sound and focus on styles they do well, like power metal. Ijime, Dame, Zettai is great. It's like a dramatized version of Galneryus. I want more.

Komaki seems to have played his last gig for the band, wonder who's stepping in on their lives these days.. anyone know?

is there a specific reason he's parting ways with the band? I hope it's just because he wants to form another excellent math rock band. That would be sick.

Peru

Yeah probably just wanted to do his own thing, and not play 'other people's' songs.

They played Maximo some Dempagumi Inc at karaoke:

Paul Smith ‏@paulsmithmusic 1h
And now I know what the Japanese Pop Idol winner's song sounds like: Aphex Twin stuck in a room with excitable female schoolchildren. Ace!

Kurita

How many pages is it? It's really expensive.

Well it's expensive because it's imported so... Always expensive to buy foreign magazines here. If you buy it in Japan it's like 5 euros, that's quite cheap.
There are 300 pages though, the paper is really nice and the pictures are often quite great. It's kind of an advertorial magazine though.
The pictures I took with my phone really don't show how nice it looks.

Aizo

Banned
You and your Hosomi crush, Kurita. Looks like a good issue!

I found a (stereotypical) Hispanic culture inspired Japanese Hip-hop group full of guys with curly mustaches. Check it. They're name is Hasta la Vista, and here's there song,
"Cartel."

Kurita

As far I'm concerned they often post the same thing. I'm following both on Twitter and they usually tweet the same articles at the same time.

so I bought the re-issue of tricot's Bakuretsu EP just now off Amazon MP3. It's late and I'm only previewing it before I give it a full playthrough tomorrow but as a first impression, it sounds "scooped". Sometimes the highs border on harsh and the bass also gets to be a bit much. The vocals seem to have been pushed back in the mix a touch. Maybe it'll get better with a more focused listen. If not, I'm gonna have to hunt down the original which I hope isn't too difficult. The extra track is nice, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R19QjZNvUA

new Gesu is sick for sure. I still think I might like their 2nd mini-album the best overall right now, but the new one's single is super good.

Kurita

This is interesting.
Kenichi Asai (from Blankey Jet City) is forming a new band called ROMEO's blood with Kobayashi (from THE NOVEMBERS) and Arimatsu (from BACK DROP BOMB). Pretty damn good line-up, they will perform for the first time at the Arabaki Rock Festival on April 26th. Hopefully it's not a one time thing and they'll release something.

Aizo

Banned
Finally! la la larks have announced a single, ego-izm. It will be released on June 4th, and include five tracks:
1.ego-izm  
2.end of refrain  
3.earworm  
4.ego-izm(Instrumental)
5.end of refrain(Instrumental)

Ego-izm will be the ending theme song for an anime called M3, apparently. Here's the PV, which includes the song, here!

(Source: Ro69)

zeopower6

Happy 16th anniversary, Ayu!

Also was BoA's new track for Fairy Tail's new season mentioned? She's doing the OP, 'MASAYUME CHASING'.

Shiina

Finally! la la larks have announced a single, ego-izm. It will be released on June 4th, and include five tracks:
1.ego-izm  
2.end of refrain  
3.earworm  
4.ego-izm(Instrumental)

Ego-izm will be the ending theme song for an anime called M3, apparently. Here's the PV, which includes the song, here!

Hype for more sfp ! !

Kansoku

1.ego-izm  
2.end of refrain  
3.earworm  
4.ego-izm(Instrumental)

uhmmm http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105188504&postcount=3309

Aizo

Banned
Hey! There's a PV now, though, and I added information for those who don't know Japanese! And it's a different article. Sorry for not clicking on your post when I saw it before, but I figured it was news about that thing they were crowd sourcing.

Kurita

RADWIMPS... Well, Misoshiru's (lit. Miso Soup's) are releasing an album on May 28th. Basically it's the name they're performing under when they do joke tracks on their singles. The album will consist in a compilation of all their joke tracks, with one new song. I'm looking forward to this, while funny they're legit great songs!
http://natalie.mu/music/news/114028

Aizo

Banned
Whenever I see ads in the city with Kyary's face, I smile. She's so fun. ^^

That music video was interesting. I'm not sure what family parties have to do with robots and some crazy game, but I dig it!

ChryZ

I've been listening to a lot more Kyary stuff lately, although still not her biggest fan but I do look forward to see her live in 3 weeks. Hopefully she will perform Slomo and Invader Invader, love those two tunes.

faridmon

Looooooooooooooooooooooool

[champagne] Had to change their name to [Alexandros] just a week ago because of Copyright infringement.

Kurita

Listened to ART-SCHOOL (one of my all-time favorite bands) new album, YOU.
It's really great, the songs are growing on me each time I listen to them.
The first track, produced by Gotch from Asian Kung-Fu Generation and featuring the rapper Tamaki ROY is astounding, it's already one of the band's very best songs. Fantastic.
Definitely going to be one of my albums of the year.

Also, the vocalist replied to my tweet and now follows me on Twitter. I'm a happy fanboy, made my day!

Infinite

Another good article about the Japanese music industry. This time about the decline in music sales during 2013. Source

It's kinda crazy how Japan's preference for mobile computing and the way otakus behave has lead to things like this.

Dead

well not really...yet
Top Bottom