• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

ChryZ

No love for continental Europe? Bummer, but at least we already had quite the intimate mingling last year. I, for one, would never trade that experience for a bigger show.

US->UK->US with three days in-between? Urgh, I feel sorry for the girls and the people who are handling the logistics. Looking at the dates and locations is pretty interesting: the non-asian ones got capacities of up to 3000 people, that's 2-3 times what WT2nd had. I'd guess the shows will offer similar scale. Having the JPN, dome, etc tour footage in the trailer is a bit of a bait and switch, hehe.

EDIT:

Perfume WORLD TOUR 3rd -Trailer-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq2ZhZ5Wwg

Peru

I loved seeing both the intimate 1st (Asian) World Tour experience and the dome experience live. Very different. The former def gives you a better look at their dancing and tight choreo.

Kurita

I'd love to go a big Perfume show but yeah, last year's show in Paris in a "small" venue (1500 people) was unforgettable. Being this close to the girls was really great.

so just wondering, what's the last J-CD you guys bought? iTunes doesn't count, yo (but share anyway).

Physical :
the HIATUS - Keeper of The Flame
WSVrQXG.jpg

iTunes :
[Alexandros] - Adventure/Droshky! and Kyuso Nekokami - Change the World

ChryZ

Uncanny, without knowing of the WT3rd news I listened to Level3 on my way to work this morning, reminiscing how magnificent the experience last year was, especially the memory of Spending will always be precious to me.

Kurita

Oh yeah, the intro was out of this world. The crowd went nuts (myself included), it was fantastic :lol
I think nobody expected them to do that.

Uncanny, without knowing of the WT3rd news I listened to Level3 on my way to work this morning, reminiscing how magnificent the experience last year was, especially the memory of Spending will always be precious to me.

Was an incredible feeling seeing them for the first time as they walked out and took their place. The crowd's reaction when Spending All My Time started properly lol, was an amazing moment.

llehuty

I'm so going to the UK concert.

With how many time in advance the release the tickets?
Is it possible to buy them from outside the UK?
Do they get sold out quick?

I want to go, but not sure if should already buy the plane tickets. I want to make sure I don't end up with plane tickets but no tickets for the concert.

I want to go, but not sure if should already buy the plane tickets. I want to make sure I don't end up with plane tickets but no tickets for the concert.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Perfume-tickets/artist/1857207

Not sure how correct the information is but it says on there that pre-sale begins on the 2nd of July.

It sold out fast last year.

Slowdive

Banned

Tickets sold out fast last year, they changed it to a bigger venue because there was so much demand.

Already got Number Girl, but haven't heard of the second one. Sounds good, I'll check out some of their other stuff. Thanks.

I have to say I didn't like the first one too much, but I tried one of the related videos and I liked this song, so I'll have to look further and listen to more of her.

The second was good too, so as with everything else, will listen to more when I get the chance. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Kurita

Holy shit, today is a great day. Both andymori and Syrup16g announced their comeback! andymori will start touring again very soon (they'll be at summer festivals and all) while Syrup16g will release a new album in August! I'm soooo happy.
Note that andymori will just perform 6 times before breaking up again. Kind of a bummer but I'm still happy because I might see them at Tokyo on August 12th.

Aizo

Banned
I'm playing guitar on stage for my first time tomorrowwww! Nervous! My music club at my university has a place in Shimokitazawa (kind of a haven for Japanese musicians) for all the bands to perform Sat/Sun. We're covering Sekai no Owari's "Instant Radio."

Then, I'm going to see 勝手にしやがれ (Katteni-Shiyagare) play a free show tomorrow night! Woo! It turns out that Paul Gilbert (my favorite guitarist) is going to be in the same building, so I might meet him AHHHH!

Also, on Sunday, my friend invited me to see a band he works with called Happy. They have a major Beatles vibe goin' on. Check 'em out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIaxHjJDjp8

Aizo

Banned
My friend got me on the guest list to see Happy tonight, so I got to meet the band after the show! They're really nice, and all around my age, which was really cool. Their concert was really fun because you can tell they really love music a lot, and they really push their namesake with a high energy atmosphere. A couple songs had the bassist playing a synth (so, two synths in total), which was unique. Fun show!

There was also a band with the unfortunate name "Balls," but they were good, too!

Kurita

Yeah Balls are great, their previous name (Mirror Man) was better though haha. They sound like the chef cooks me. Looking forward to their major debut album.

Kurita

Kyuso Nekokami's new PV is out. It's from their latest mini-album, released a few weeks ago, which is fantastic. Truly one of the best bands in Japan right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJIatLL5mM

Nothing's Carved in Stone unveiled the cover from their upcoming album Strangers in Heaven

80kidz announced a new album scheduled for september 24. Hoping it'll be closer to their older stuff than the 80:XX series which was too club oriented.

Top Bottom