• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Meffer

I can't get it. I could but I won't. At least until I get paid again. I fear how much money I'd spend on it lol. Nintendo you clever, beautiful bastards.

Impotaku

You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to, once a day you can play the special free machine you get 5 goes to grab the blank badges if you manage to grab a winning badge you get 3 plays on the real machines.

Japanese 3DS eShop Update

16/12
- Metal Gear Solid 3D added to eShop. (4500Yen)
17/12
- Collectable Badge Centre/Center added to eShop. (0Yen)
- @Simple DL Vol. 35 added to eShop. (520Yen)
- Bike DX3 game added to eShop (600Yen)

Ongoing Sales
Current
- Capcom Winter Sale
Select Capcom games will be on sale from the 17th of December to the 14th of January

- E.X Troopers (60% off / 5132Yen -> 2000Yen)
- Super Street Fighter 5 3D Edition (27% off / 2057Yen -> 1500Yen)
- Biohazard (Resident Evil) The Mercenaries 3D (25% off / 2000Yen -> 1500Yen)
- Biohazard (Resident Evil) Revelations (25% off / 2000Yen -> 1500Yen)
- Musical Rhythm Ghost Game (LMAO) (41% off / 2561Yen -> 1500Yen) - DLC (51% off / 205Yen -> 100 Yen)
- Daisho Robot Game (61% off / 5132Yen -> 2000Yen)
- Another Daisho Robot Game (39% off / 4990Yen -> 3000Yen)

Future
24/12/14 -> 7/1/15
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (5184Yen -> 2500Yen)

ryushe

just bought EX. wow that game is really good o_O why did they never release it in the west..gosh capcom.
Game is literally the reason I imported my 3DS in the first place. It's so good.

Really tempted to pick up RE:Revelations. I own the physical and digital NA versions already, so it'd be kinda silly to buy it again, but then again, really really do like it and wouldn't mind going through it again. I guess I have until January to decide if I wanna triple dip.

Zornica

Banned
Game is literally the reason I imported my 3DS in the first place. It's so good.

Really tempted to pick up RE:Revelations. I own the physical and digital NA versions already, so it'd be kinda silly to buy it again, but then again, really really do like it and wouldn't mind going through it again. I guess I have until January to decide if I wanna triple dip.

I couldn't get into it yet...

btw, I'm still not sure if I should preorder FF explorers or not... just to get the free FF port. only 2 hours left.

another thing: I've been looking for Virtues last Reward as a christmas present, but the cheapest I could find was like 4000yen on amazon. Is it likely that I may find a better price somewhere in tokyo? at bookoff, trader or something?

also are there any other web store that was recommended to me last year... it's not in the OT. I can't recall the name, their site was very (light) green.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Hmm... Already have an NA copy of Ruby, but I might just double dip and get the Japanese version of Sapphire if that's the case.

Just picked up JP Alpha Sapphire today and can confirm it lets you pick from all the EFIGS languages (as well as Chinese). Pretty awesome!

ryushe

^Thanks.

Man, Final Fantasy Explorers does not look appealing in the least, which is weird for me since I loved Ring of Fates on the DS.

Guess I should try the demo out before I complete write it off.

Edit:
Wait, Bravely Default For the Sequel is discontinued from the eShop? What happened? :\

I couldn't get into it yet...

btw, I'm still not sure if I should preorder FF explorers or not... just to get the free FF port. only 2 hours left.

another thing: I've been looking for Virtues last Reward as a christmas present, but the cheapest I could find was like 4000yen on amazon. Is it likely that I may find a better price somewhere in tokyo? at bookoff, trader or something?

also are there any other web store that was recommended to me last year... it's not in the OT. I can't recall the name, their site was very (light) green.

it was only available with preorders? seems kinda shitty considering you can't preorder digital copies...

ive got the game, heard bad things about it but willing to get into it anyway considering i adore the hunting genre in general :D gonna start playing later, if anyone else has the game hit me up :)

kubus

The crane game has overtaken my soul...

This, amiibo, themes and faceplates are doing a wonderful job at making me very poor.

Impotaku

Tell me about it im already burning through my second 1000 yen topup. Got 13 complete sets so far, not too fussed about the animal crossing ones, Want more famicom ones, i'll lose my shit if they have the disk system and diskun.

Meffer

Tell me about it im already burning through my second 1000 yen topup. Got 13 complete sets so far, not too fussed about the animal crossing ones, Want more famicom ones, i'll lose my shit if they have the disk system and diskun.
You know they will.

Impotaku

They couldn't get me with Amiibos but they managed with this lol. I bet there will be competitions via that game to win real badges i can see it coming.

Weils

Neo Member
^Thanks.

Man, Final Fantasy Explorers does not look appealing in the least, which is weird for me since I loved Ring of Fates on the DS.

Guess I should try the demo out before I complete write it off.

Loved the demo so far. Hopefully the grinding won't be a bore fest. You can bring over some items and all class abilities you have unlocked in the demo to the main game. The demo main quests end after you defeat Shiva and trying out the Trance system. Now awaiting my physical copy in the mail these 2 days. :D

The crane game has overtaken my soul...

This, amiibo, themes and faceplates are doing a wonderful job at making me very poor.

Yup.. my poor wallet. *sniffles* Thought I wouldn't get any more themes but now there's Sonic and Mega Drive retro themes to pick up. Damn it, Nintendo. You sure know how to pluck my purse strings.

I'm almost scared to ask but is there a QR code so I can download the crane game? I bought a ton of themes yesterday that could probably use some stickers...

ryushe

Since there seems like no way to get Bravely Default FtS via the eShop (I'd still love to know the reason why), I've resorted to looking into getting a physical copy of the game and while doing so came across Bravely Default: For the Sequel [Ultimate Hits] edition. Now, this is me first time hearing about this and I haven't been able to find a lot of information about this version of the game, but I assume this version has English language options and the updated content from the western release, correct?

ryushe

In case anyone is wondering, Biohazard:Revelations has English subtitles and voice options. Kinda surprised me at first, but then I remembered the NA version had the same thing.

Edit: Also, how long does it for an order from amazon.jp to show up on Tenso? My amazon package says delivered, but I haven't gotten any notification from Tenso yet.

ryushe

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone tried to link their Tenso address to their Club Nintendo JP account?

I really just want to know if it'll work, because there are a few Japanese Club Nintendo awards I wouldn't mind getting.

kubus

In case anyone is wondering, Biohazard:Revelations has English subtitles and voice options. Kinda surprised me at first, but then I remembered the NA version had the same thing.

Edit: Also, how long does it for an order from amazon.jp to show up on Tenso? My amazon package says delivered, but I haven't gotten any notification from Tenso yet.

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone tried to link their Tenso address to their Club Nintendo JP account?

I really just want to know if it'll work, because there are a few Japanese Club Nintendo awards I wouldn't mind getting.
From my experience I usually get the "A package has arrived" email from Tenso the same day Amazon says it has been succesfully delivered. Sometimes it's the next day, probably depends on at what time it arrived and/or how busy they are. Could be busier than usual because of the holidays.

And yeah you can use your Tenso address with the Japanese Club Nintendo! I haven't ordered anything from there yet but I know others have with success.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Picked up my New 3DS earlier today with Shin Uchi. Thinking of picking up one (or both) Taiko games, Project mirai 2 and Gyakuten Saiban 1-2-3 to go with it too.

Pokémon taught me English, so I'm hoping that Youkai Watch will help me with the Japanese.

If you can hold off until Spring, it might be worth waiting on Project Mirai 2 and getting Project Mirai Deluxe (or Remix if you want to wait for the localized version), as it should have all the content of Mirai 2, if my understanding is correct.

i 've seen the official Nintendo video for the crane microtransactions game. Seen how it works in terms of gameplay and the payment system. But i don't understand how it works in terms of customizing the Home menu.

Say you have a ballon fight theme. Using the mini game you unlock different enemies, obstacles, etc. Then what you'll leave them floating in the touch screen taking the space of icons in the pages? Haven't seen a video with someone arranging the unlockables to fully understand what they do. XD

Meffer

Picked up my New 3DS earlier today with Shin Uchi. Thinking of picking up one (or both) Taiko games, Project mirai 2 and Gyakuten Saiban 1-2-3 to go with it too.

Pokémon taught me English, so I'm hoping that Youkai Watch will help me with the Japanese.
I think YW is a good game to help people learn Japanese. With furigana, and puns it should be a great way to ease you into it.

Boogiepop

Dang, the themes are only for paying customers in the badge game? That's... lame :( I'm not even upset that they keep unique ones for that, I just wanted to be able to grab at least a single free theme at some point other than the basic colors. :( Oh well.

Anyway, did the free five and my "practice" for the day, which actually did get me a free set of plays! However, those circular badges are tricky/nasty. I wanted to get a Dry Bones, or at least a Bowser/Bowser Jr., but they didn't want to pick up! I did get Toad from that set though, so that's something. Also, it seems things can totally just fall on their own, as I got a free coin badge that way just by cycling through. So yeah, this thing is definitely designed to push you towards spending money, but it's neat and I'm going to see what I can grab just by playing for free. Also, hopefully it actually does come to the US as well.

Broke the L button on my N3ds today... Not sure what I can do now, anybody had any experience with dealing with Nintendo of Japan and repairs outside of Japan? Super annoyed, have not broken a single 3ds since I got one on launch, and two months in I've already fucked this one up... Dropped it while getting out the car, thought it was OK til I opened it, it kind of works if I give it a strong push, otherwise no response. Any help would be appreciated..

decaf

Has anyone tested out micro SDXC cards on the New 3DS?

I'm aware Nintendo say they aren't compatible, but they said the same for standard SDXC cards on the original 3DS and I'm using one right now.

Just got my N3DS LL today. I know that once you connect it to the internet, it prompts to update, but what I want to know (if anyone can even tell me) is, is the current update mandatory to use the e-shop? On my US 3DS, I can use the e-shop without updating, as long as my console isn't too out of date.

Meffer

Just got my N3DS LL today. I know that once you connect it to the internet, it prompts to update, but what I want to know (if anyone can even tell me) is, is the current update mandatory to use the e-shop? On my US 3DS, I can use the e-shop without updating, as long as my console isn't too out of date.
I would suggest updating. Besides, even if you start e-shop without being on the latest update. It'll tell you to update.
Besides there's really no downside. Download speeds are quick even if you don't live in Japan.

I would suggest updating. Besides, even if you start e-shop without being on the latest update. It'll tell you to update.
Besides there's really no downside. Download speeds are quick even if you don't live in Japan.

The downside is, if I update, I lose the potential for homebrew applications. I'm totally fine with the current Japanese 3DS library. Hell, maybe down the road I'll buy a second console to use for online/digital games, but not just yet.

Anyway, to answer my own question after trying to access the e-shop, an update is totally required, at least from the firmware version my N3DS LL came with (9.1).

Meffer

The downside is, if I update, I lose the potential for homebrew applications. I'm totally fine with the current Japanese 3DS library. Hell, maybe down the road I'll buy a second console to use for online/digital games, but not just yet.

Anyway, to answer my own question after trying to access the e-shop, an update is totally required, at least from the firmware version my N3DS LL came with (9.1).
Again, if you want to homebrew, stick with not updating or going to the eshop. Because Nintendo updates their stuff often and most of the time you can't use eShop unless you have the latest update at that point.

GAF for some reason I'm being dumb and am talking myself into buying a black New 3DS from Japan. Can somebody give me a good reason against getting one? They just look so nice.

Are they supposed to come to NA soon?

Meffer

GAF for some reason I'm being dumb and am talking myself into buying a black New 3DS from Japan. Can somebody give me a good reason against getting one? They just look so nice.

Are they supposed to come to NA soon?
NA will get them, no doubt about that. If you don't want to bother with Japanese, I suggest waiting. But you're willing to take the dive. It's like a whole other world.

Bravely Second Theme?
Got it from Jump Festa last weekend during my trip to Japan.
B5mDDyhCIAAT2_5.jpg
B5mDELhCYAAmj3r.jpg

Top Bottom