• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Put the Boo one on today to take some pics as there are not many pics out there of the faceplates actually on the console, the weird glow is from my blacklight so i could get them to glow for the camera.

IMG_0287%20res.jpg

IMG_0290%20res.jpg

IMG_0291%20res.jpg

Now, that is pretty awesome!
Also my charging stand arrived. I know it's a simple piece of plastic, but it's so nifty. I love being able to wrap the excess cord underneath and the two ways to weave the cord out. I also adore the mint color :)

Impotaku

Now, that is pretty awesome!
Also my charging stand arrived. I know it's a simple piece of plastic, but it's so nifty. I love being able to wrap the excess cord underneath and the two ways to weave the cord out. I also adore the mint color :)

Yeah i love how they give you a few options to route your cable around under the stand, they look great when docked into the charging stand. Also like how it takes up far less space than the original laid flat design from the previous 3DS model.

so i just checked faceplate prices, why is wood the only one so expensive? rare? high demand?

Same reason as the felt one they are made of more expensive materials so they cost a bit more than the regular plastic ones.

Yeah i love how they give you a few options to route your cable around under the stand, they look great when docked into the charging stand. Also like how it takes up far less space than the original laid flat design from the previous 3DS model.

Same reason as the felt one they are made of more expensive materials so they cost a bit more than the regular plastic ones.

ah yes the felt too. Just noticed the Pokemon one is transparent and that I kinda dont like tbh

Impotaku

YAY i managed to win the youkai watch medaland lottery campaign, for those uninitiated in the delights of the youkai watch website you can register the medal QR codes online to add the medals to your online encyclopedia along with that you can use the medals you registered to play the fortune shrine to win points to use in the lottery, also the act of registering a new medal will give you ponts.

Every month or so they have a campaign to win a rare legend medal these are usually exclusive to the site and cant be obtained any other way than entering the lottery and hoping you win.

This is the 5th campaign they have done & this time it was to win the unchikuma (lol) medal
campaign%205.jpg

Usually the gods of luck don't shine on me but tonight they did as instead of seeing Wisper who is the face of faliaure i got to see Jibanyan proclaiming i had won. I doubt it will ever happen again so i took screen grabs :lol:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/importaku/WINNER.jpg
And there it is, just need to add an address to claim it.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/importaku/winner 2.jpg

Sorry Japanese kids there is only 49,999 now left to try and win lol.

Impotaku

I originally assumed there would be a tiny card inside with the code on as thats what i was lead to belive from the pics i saw online. However all mine all came from amazon and none of them had a code inside, amazon instead emailed me the codes.

[edit] just realised you might mean the Kyary themes, and not the kisekae mario theme that amazon were giving away. If you mean the Kyary themes you have to buy those from the theme shop.

YAY i managed to win the youkai watch medaland lottery campaign, for those uninitiated in the delights of the youkai watch website you can register the medal QR codes online to add the medals to your online encyclopedia along with that you can use the medals you registered to play the fortune shrine to win points to use in the lottery, also the act of registering a new medal will give you ponts.

Every month or so they have a campaign to win a rare legend medal these are usually exclusive to the site and cant be obtained any other way than entering the lottery and hoping you win.

This is the 5th campaign they have done & this time it was to win the unchikuma (lol) medal
campaign%205.jpg

Usually the gods of luck don't shine on me but tonight they did as instead of seeing Wisper who is the face of faliaure i got to see Jibanyan proclaiming i had won. I doubt it will ever happen again so i took screen grabs :lol:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/importaku/WINNER.jpg
And there it is, just need to add an address to claim it.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/importaku/winner 2.jpg

Sorry Japanese kids there is only 49,999 now left to try and win lol.

Lol. That Yokai's name isn't even remotely clever xD

ikuze

I originally assumed there would be a tiny card inside with the code on as thats what i was lead to belive from the pics i saw online. However all mine all came from amazon and none of them had a code inside, amazon instead emailed me the codes.

[edit] just realised you might mean the Kyary themes, and not the kisekae mario theme that amazon were giving away. If you mean the Kyary themes you have to buy those from the theme shop.

Actually I was talking about the Mario theme. Looks like I have to ask someone at Nippon-Yasan then. ><

Thanks.

Impotaku

Lol. That Yokai's name isn't even remotely clever xD

Oh i don't know, i thought the kuma bit was pretty clever as that last kanji can mean magic or demon amongst other things so either poo bear magic or poo bear demon is pretty fitting especially as he runs around with a turd on the end of a stick.

I love the wordplay jokes in YW. I get the sneaking suspicion this isn't one of the traditional Japanese folklore youkai LOL, out of the legendary youkai this one is a little weird.

Impotaku

Took ages but finally found a storage box just big enough to hold all my faceplates, so hard finding one of just the right dimesnions as a lot of them were the perfect size in one way but too short or too wide. Just enough room to hold maybe 5 more plates in there as i have them reverse stacked so they stack evenly. Can probably get more in if i have them all stacked the same way but no need for now but my collection of plates will keep growing. Least they are all kept tidy now, before they were in a huge uneven stack on my floor.

Wish someone would manufacture a special folder for storing them so i didn't need to keep the mini clamshells to hold them all in.

Just trying my luck, but has anybody got any experience with registering digital titles you downloaded before linking your 3DS to a Club Nintendo account?

I have a digital copy of Omega Ruby and want to register it for a promotion, but I neglected to create a Club Nintendo account.

From what I read on the site (I can't check now because of the maintenance), any digital games downloaded within 7 days will be linked to your account, but I downloaded Omega Ruby over 7 days ago : /

Zornica

Banned
Not the exact right place for this news, but for those of you living in Japan, Nintendo will finally support IC card payments for the N3DS models starting 12/09 - the same way they already let you do on Wii U. Supported are Suica, PASMO, nimoca and some other cards.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2014/141204.html

Honestly, this is the one feature I was looking forward the most! My Hayakaken will bleeeed :D.

that's going to make eshop purchases considerably easier
on the other hand, I'm probably going to regret it every single morning when I'm making a detour to charge my card because it wouldn't let me enter the station anymore :(

I remember there being a free app on the eshop that allowed you to transfer save files from a physical version of a game to the digital version, is that available on the JP eshop? If so, what is the title so I can search for it?

Netto-kun

I remember there being a free app on the eshop that allowed you to transfer save files from a physical version of a game to the digital version, is that available on the JP eshop? If so, what is the title so I can search for it?
It's called &#12302;&#12480;&#12454;&#12531;&#12525;&#12540;&#12489;&#29256;&#12395;&#12475;&#12540;&#12502;&#12487;&#12540;&#12479;&#12434;&#31227;&#21205;&#12303;.
img_qr.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/savedatatransfer/

REPOSTED FROM THE AUS N3DS THREAD

holy shit. region unlocked?

No homebrew or gateway or none of that shit. Are Pokemon games not region locked?
4q2CDrb.jpg

QevGoSE.jpg

iq1tJ3K.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
Brian&#9733;;142175596 said:

No homebrew or gateway or none of that shit. Are Pokemon games not region locked?
4q2CDrb.jpg

QevGoSE.jpg

iq1tJ3K.jpg

Pokebank isn't. Donno if the games themselves are or not, but with the language options, there's not much reason for them to be.

Keyouta

Brian&#9733;;142175596 said:

http://i.imgur.com/4q2CDrb.jpg[/mg]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/QevGoSE.jpg[/mg]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/iq1tJ3K.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]
Pretty sure they are. You've tried booting it, yes?

Rich!

He is full of shit and trolling.

Picture 1: a PAL english version
Rest of the photos: japanese version.

The JP Pokemon rom is the only one with the Japanese home menu graphics. If it was the PAL english version being played, it would be the english logo and text on the home menu even when played on a japanese console.

Proof? The Japanese Pokemon logo seen there is not in the PAL/English pokemon Y ROM. Its been decrypted.

Why even fucking bother, jesus

He is likely trolling.

The JP Pokemon rom is the only one with the Japanese home menu graphics. If it was the PAL english version being played, it would be the english logo and text on the home menu even when played on a japanese console.

Proof? The Japanese Pokemon logo seen there is not in the PAL/English pokemon Y ROM. Its been decrypted.

lmao, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecqm-Vji3S8&feature=youtu.be

video uploaded. proof. come at me plz.

Hatchtag

Banned
He is full of shit and trolling.

Why even fucking bother, jesus

Yeah, no. Put my US copy of Y in my JP 3DS and the JP Pokemon Y logo comes up. I've done this multiple times for Pokebank, though I've never actually tried to see if it was playable or not.

Rich!

Yeah, no. Put my US copy of Y in my JP 3DS and the JP Pokemon Y logo comes up. I've done this multiple times for Pokebank, though I've never actually tried to see if it was playable or not.

Really? I have absolutely no idea how that would work.

I would love to be proved wrong here.

Hatchtag

Banned
Really? I have absolutely no idea how that would work.

I would love to be proved wrong here.

I donno how or if it works, and I just assumed that the text below the logo is warning text, though it could be update text. Either way, it deterred me from playing it on there. But yeah, the logo is weirdly the Japanese one. It seems to depend on the system its on and not the language you select.
English copy on JP system with English selected: JP logo.
English copy on Engligh system with English selected: English logo.
JP copy on JP system wikth English selected: JP logo.
If the JP copy wasn't digital, I'd see how it worked on my US 3DS. And I'd be willing to test if the JP 3ds can actually play Pokemon Y tomorrow.

I donno how or if it works, and I just assumed that the text below the logo is warning text, though it could be update text. Either way, it deterred me from playing it on there. But yeah, the logo is weirdly the Japanese one. It seems to depend on the system its on and not the language you select.
English copy on JP system with English selected: JP logo.
English copy on Engligh system with English selected: English logo.
JP copy on JP system wikth English selected: JP logo.
If the JP copy wasn't digital, I'd see how it worked on my US 3DS. And I'd be willing to test if the JP 3ds can actually play Pokemon Y tomorrow.

it won't boot up, it's just recognised.

Impotaku

Heads up for anyone that owns Taiko no tatsujin, Don & Kat's time adventure there is another free song available for a limited time. This one is also from Frozen and it's the do you want to build a snowman song.

Not sure how long it will stay free for but better get it sooner rather than later.

Brian&#9733;;142177183 said:
it won't boot up, it's just recognised.

It's solely for the use of Pokemon Bank - I use a Japanese 3DS LL.
I have a UK copy of Pokemon X, I take it to the store and get the free distributed Pokemon.
I then upload it to Pokebank, I switch to the Japanese copy of Y and then pull the Pokemon down from the bank.

Owari

Has anyone with a New 3DS been able to confirm Amiibo support and how it works? (With smash, etc)
Edit: with the new update, I mean

kubus

Put some more time into Youkai Watch lately. I keep being amazed by the detail they put into the map and everything! Love doing all the sidequests too, I never get to do the main story because I keep running into those red and orange flags :p. Gotta help out everyone!

Really looking forward to seeing how this will be localized. The game is teeming with japanese culture references, not to mention the Youkai themselves being so close to Japanese folklore and superstition. The &#12476;&#12483;&#12467;&#12454;&#34678; / &#12380;&#12387;&#12371;&#12358;&#34678; subquest sounds like pure localization hell :p.

Also watched a few episodes of the anime to see how it compares. The show was surprisingly fun, and quite different from what I was expecting. Might watch more. Slowly turning into a Youkai Watch fangirl...

kubus

Has anyone with a New 3DS been able to confirm Amiibo support and how it works? (With smash, etc)
Edit: with the new update, I mean
Just tried it, works pretty good! I don't have a Japanese copy of Smash so couldn't test it in-game, but on the home screen of the 3ds you can scan in amiibo, change their owner/nickname and reset their settings.

Scanning them in goes pretty smooth. A cute "amiibo!" sound effect plays when you save anything to it :).

Edit: oops, double post :x

Impotaku

Put some more time into Youkai Watch lately. I keep being amazed by the detail they put into the map and everything! Love doing all the sidequests too, I never get to do the main story because I keep running into those red and orange flags :p. Gotta help out everyone!

Really looking forward to seeing how this will be localized. The game is teeming with japanese culture references, not to mention the Youkai themselves being so close to Japanese folklore and superstition. The &#12476;&#12483;&#12467;&#12454;&#34678; / &#12380;&#12387;&#12371;&#12358;&#34678; subquest sounds like pure localization hell :p.

Also watched a few episodes of the anime to see how it compares. The show was surprisingly fun, and quite different from what I was expecting. Might watch more. Slowly turning into a Youkai Watch fangirl...

It's how it starts, you started on the anime you are at phase 2 of total YW addiction lol. Next will come the urge to get hold of the merchandise & that's when it's complete & you become one of us.

Blue flag quests stay completed but red flag ones will keep reappearing forever, so you'll start to see some of the ones you have done before reactivate at some point. Yeah i genuinely have no idea how they are even going to cover all the Japanese culture references, i have a feeling they won't bother they will just rewrite parts of the script to totally omit them and rename items to make them more western there's too much that they would have to explain.

Can't wait for saturday, shinuchi is so close now.

Zornica

Banned
any idea what's the cheapest option to pre-order final fantasy explorers?
(the version that comes with the FF remake ofc)
or is that just the amazon version?

Halabane

Just tried it, works pretty good! I don't have a Japanese copy of Smash so couldn't test it in-game, but on the home screen of the 3ds you can scan in amiibo, change their owner/nickname and reset their settings.

Scanning them in goes pretty smooth. A cute "amiibo!" sound effect plays when you save anything to it :).

At the system level it works. Took the data in correctly from the Wii U created character. But I have not seen an update on Smash that would let it work. I do have a jpn version of smash.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I just won a New 3DS LL from office bingo!
Dqyy7Jk.jpg

So happy!

This is a very informative and well presented thread, so just wanted to share and say thanks.

Also, is there any information about indies on the JPN store? I haven't tried browsing the store much yet as the battery is already dead (no power cable) and sorting on the web store is limited.

Would love to know if there are any cool deals or promotions going on right now on the E-shop. Like winter sales or 2 for 1 or anything like that. I spotted the first 4 chapters of Bravely Default for free - if there's anything else like that worth checking out then let a bro know!

Finally, how much space to full digital games usually take up? I'm hoping the 4GB SD card doesn't fill up too quickly...

Can't wait to dive into the Nintendo love... I'm spoiled for choice on what full game to get first. MonHun 4U? Smash Bros? Pokemon?

Owari

Awesome! Soon there will be a SSB patch, I assume.

Does anyone know what http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/smapoke/index.html this promotion is all about? I have Smash and ORAS on my N3DS, but I dunno what this mean! lol

Shun

Hold up, can someone confirm whether or not the New Nintendo 3DS and the LL have hooks for keitai strap anymore?

I know my 3DS LL does. I hope they didn't get rid of it...

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ack, sorry - hope y'all don't mind me quoting for a new page.
Curious about indies and JP E-store deals...

I just won a New 3DS LL from office bingo!
Dqyy7Jk.jpg

So happy!

This is a very informative and well presented thread, so just wanted to share and say thanks.

Also, is there any information about indies on the JPN store? I haven't tried browsing the store much yet as the battery is already dead (no power cable) and sorting on the web store is limited.

Would love to know if there are any cool deals or promotions going on right now on the E-shop. Like winter sales or 2 for 1 or anything like that. I spotted the first 4 chapters of Bravely Default for free - if there's anything else like that worth checking out then let a bro know!

Finally, how much space to full digital games usually take up? I'm hoping the 4GB SD card doesn't fill up too quickly...

Can't wait to dive into the Nintendo love... I'm spoiled for choice on what full game to get first. MonHun 4U? Smash Bros? Pokemon?

Top Bottom