• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Hattori

Banned
ZQrPXon.jpg]
x)

Thinking about importing Xenoblade 3D. Is it expected to be multilingual like Pokemon ORAS? Did Monster Game's previous releases have multilingual options?

DoctorZ

Once a EMS Tenso package hits US customs (Los Angeles), what is the timetable for it to get delivered from your guys' experience? My N3DS order reached customs late last night.

edit: nvm just got update from USPS that it has left the LA facility at 1am this morning. So if their time stamps are to be trusted it was only in customs for just under 2 hours.

Yasawas

Thinking about importing Xenoblade 3D. Is it expected to be multilingual like Pokemon ORAS? Did Monster Game's previous releases have multilingual options?

The clips in the last European direct had Japanese text which I doubt they'd have done if they could help it so I would guess not.

cuilan

I picked up a New (used) 3DS while I was in Japan a couple of weeks ago, along with a handful of games. I'm liking it a lot and enjoying the 3D effect. It probably helps that this is my first 3DS and that I haven't played with them outside of demo kiosks, so the experience is still quite fresh. I've recently just set up a NNID for it, and the news of the impending shut down of Club Nintendo finally got me to make an account for that too. Unfortunately, the games I got didn't provide me with enough points to get something, but hopefully a friend can help me out with that.

I bought all the games I really wanted, which are:

EX Troopers (liking it since I liked Lost Planet)
Bravely Default For the Sequel (played only a little bit, but looks and sounds really nice)
Kid Icarus Uprising (good thing I played a lot of Crimson Dragon before playing this, so I got the hang of the controls very quickly)
New Etrian Odyssey 2 (my first EO game and I'm really enjoying it)
Puzzle & Dragons Z (haven't played yet, but I'm sure I'll get addicted to it)
Culdcept (haven't played it yet either, but I've enjoyed the other entries in the series)
Fire Emblem Awakening (same as above)

fucking bullshit! I'm envious of all you guys getting these fancy new regular n3DSs, while I'm stuck having to get a XL. They are look so freakin awesome :(

bms2993

Banned
I picked up a New (used) 3DS while I was in Japan a couple of weeks ago, along with a handful of games. I'm liking it a lot and enjoying the 3D effect. It probably helps that this is my first 3DS and that I haven't played with them outside of demo kiosks, so the experience is still quite fresh. I've recently just set up a NNID for it, and the news of the impending shut down of Club Nintendo finally got me to make an account for that too. Unfortunately, the games I got didn't provide me with enough points to get something, but hopefully a friend can help me out with that.

I bought all the games I really wanted, which are:

EX Troopers (liking it since I liked Lost Planet)
Bravely Default For the Sequel (played only a little bit, but looks and sounds really nice)
Kid Icarus Uprising (good thing I played a lot of Crimson Dragon before playing this, so I got the hang of the controls very quickly)
New Etrian Odyssey 2 (my first EO game and I'm really enjoying it)
Puzzle & Dragons Z (haven't played yet, but I'm sure I'll get addicted to it)
Culdcept (haven't played it yet either, but I've enjoyed the other entries in the series)
Fire Emblem Awakening (same as above)

Hey there! Glad you're enjoying it! I can't really use mine until Gateway comes out with an update for new Nintendo 3DS owners so I'm sorta stuck playing DS games still then. (DS games work fine and do not have region locking lol) So what color system did you get? Black or white? Black is superior IMO.

fucking bullshit! I'm envious of all you guys getting these fancy new regular n3DSs, while I'm stuck having to get a XL. They are look so freakin awesome :(

Uhm.. you can import too, ya know. We aren't just special or anything lol

cuilan

Hey there! Glad you're enjoying it! I can't really use mine until Gateway comes out with an update for new Nintendo 3DS owners so I'm sorta stuck playing DS games still then. (DS games work fine and do not have region locking lol) So what color system did you get? Black or white? Black is superior IMO.

Yeah, I got the black one. My previous Nintendo handheld was a white DSlite, so I figured I should change things up this time. And it does look quite nice in black.

Renta

Banned
Haven't tried, but thanks to the stupid account system I can't trade in my 3ds until the successor is also in my hands.

Yeah, it's dumb. I remember folks saying that some clerks let them system transfer in the store. I've got two 3DSs so I'll be fine as long as I can find a store that's participating. :/

DoctorZ

Yeah, it's dumb. I remember folks saying that some clerks let them system transfer in the store. I've got two 3DSs so I'll be fine as long as I can find a store that's participating. :/

You will have to do the deal on the last day it is available on the 13th. EBgames Canada is doing it where if you but the N3DS XL you can trade in your old system later and get it refunded.

Sucks that Gamestop US is doing it where you have to trade in the system and apply the credit to a preorder.

It'll likely be a better deal to just sell your old 3DS after the transfer for $75-100 on craigslist.

kunonabi

My white charging cradle came in so I'm just waiting for cover plates. I really should have gone for the mint charger but oh well. I also went ahead and did a system transfer. I was thinking of waiting to see if I could turn my N3DS into a multi region machine but I really wanted to start customizing my home menu.

Drago

Anybody have any luck taking advantage of this deal?

pd8TZTN.png

Called two Gamestops and they said they aren't doing it.
That banner having the Super Famicom button colors on it is like the ultimate salt-in-the-wound :(

My import unit should be here by Friday, at least

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
My white charging cradle came in so I'm just waiting for cover plates. I really should have gone for the mint charger but oh well. I also went ahead and did a system transfer. I was thinking of waiting to see if I could turn my N3DS into a multi region machine but I really wanted to start customizing my home menu.

Did you use a guide to do the system transfer? I've never done a system transfer and I'm afraid I might do something wrong with it being Japanese.

Mzo

Anybody have any luck taking advantage of this deal?

pd8TZTN.png

Called two Gamestops and they said they aren't doing it.

What do you mean they aren't doing it? That's really weird.

Guys, don't forget the New 3DS takes a mini-SD card. Get one now, transfer your data to it, and put it back in your 3DS with an adapter so when it's time to switch on release day you don't run into trouble.

What do you mean they aren't doing it? That's really weird.

Guys, don't forget the New 3DS takes a mini-SD card. Get one now, transfer your data to it, and put it back in your 3DS with an adapter so when it's time to switch on release day you don't run into trouble.

It actually takes a Micro-SD (the bottom one). Mini-SD is pretty much phased out nowadays.

conboy_sd_1.jpg

Zornica

Banned
We need a new thread title. Suggestions, go.

"still light years ahead", or something similar to indicate the somewhat huge regional split.

Is anyone here willing to trade club Nintendo codes? I'm missing only 2 for the albw soundtrack, and I got 2 spare band brothers codes, which I obviously can't use 3 times...
Anyone (well, anytwo to be exact) willing to trade? (for something I don't own preferably)

also it seems like there are a few new Culdcept owners around... anyone interested in giving it a go online sometime?

joshaube

Neo Member
New thread title? How about one of these...

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Expanding those choices even further.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Because NOA doesn't know the definition of choice.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Different systems for a whole range of consumers.

Voror

In regards to the MicroSD cards, does the brand of the card matter at all? I was planning on getting a 64GB, but wasn't sure if Samsung or Sandisk were both supported.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
In regards to the MicroSD cards, does the brand of the card matter at all? I was planning on getting a 64GB, but wasn't sure if Samsung or Sandisk were both supported.

I have the Samsung EVO 64GB in my 3DS LL with an adapter which works well. Going to use it in my N3DS when I get it.

Juice

Is Nintendo patching C-Stick support to any older 3D games?

Almost bought Ocarina on discount before realizing it wouldn't have C-stick support

My regular n3DS arrived Friday before I left for my gaming convention. In a nutshell, I love the standard n3DS! Picked up the wood face plate from one of the convention vendors (Video Games New York) this weekend:

qXTiUlN.jpg

g5KR9wS.jpg

Grabbed Kid Icarus Uprising again, as I figure the constant chatter will be good for listening practice while I play, and the price is pretty good. The head-tracking is so nice in this game. If you've held off on playing it, there's absolutely no excuse now.

Top Bottom