• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: heads rolling at Sony for the cancellation of The Last of Us Online after 4 years in development

Woopah

Yes I agree with you .. but its not the main reason I buy playstations, its a secondary reason, as they always were, filling the gaps , but not a two year gap, the main reason is for Sony big budget produced games that like nintendo has a quality of production and style of their own, or better had a quality, because the three big sequels launched were subpar to previous games, right now gaas aside, what we have are imho, failed sequels, unnecessary remasters/remakes from perfectly fine games from lastgen, zero inovation in first party, zero real effort in their single player first party output, the shift to gaas, the shift to a more "modern/wokeish" appeal, everything is stacking up and we have this horrible gen as far as first party is concerned and people are coping really hard, xbox style. And driving the hopium wave that everything is fine because the vaporwares are all in the oven.
It night just be a difference of opinion rather than hopium.

For example, I very much enjoyed both Ragnorak and Forbidden West. And in 2024 I really appreciate that Sony has a diverse lineup in terms of genres, new IP vs. established franchises, and single player vs. multiplayer.

Bernardougf

Microsoft being a raging dumpster fire this gen has helped overshadow what has been a rather poor/disorganized situation occurring within Sony 1st Party studios in recent years.
If I was running MS this would be my anger towards the XBOX division, Sony is fucking it up good but dosent matter, xbox came with soft gloves to a gun fight and later discovered that the guns were all water pistols.

Bernardougf

It night just be a difference of opinion rather than hopium.

For example, I very much enjoyed both Ragnorak and Forbidden West. And in 2024 I really appreciate that Sony has a diverse lineup in terms of genres, new IP vs. established franchises, and single player vs. multiplayer.
Yes again I agree with you... there is factual reasons one can say "this gen is great because x y z" but there is also plenty of reasons to claim it really sucks based on what we got so far. You cant take the enjoyment that people have in this games, but you cant be blind to factual and comparative criticisms made with tangible data... depending on perspective both can be right.

Top Bottom