• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier "Horizon Online Next for Guerilla, Horizon 3 'Ways off', Sony's Live Service Initiative was no joke"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, I mean like, Sony-PlayStation's like live service initiative was no joke, everybody was like...it's live service games all around. Horizon is one of the few ones that hasn't been canceled or hasn't come out and flopped the way Concord did and so...yeah, a lot of questions. A lot of people are working on that."

Time stamped

Bartski

Gold Member
Horizon is one of the few ones that hasn't been canceled

Huffington Post Mistake GIF by WatchUsRun

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
I'd rather play whatever Horizon online is than Horizon 3. At least with Online, Guerilla will be forced to fix the mediocre combat, especially the melee. I do wish they'd just work on a new IP, though

Also, Schreier seems to be speculating a release timeline. It probably is at least 2 years away as HFW only released 2.5 years ago

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
goddammit they probably wasted so much time on this shit then it bonked now that gas crap is all cancelled and they have to start fresh making the shit people want

Bojji

"Sony's Live Service Initiative was no joke"

We already received a huge joke recently, Herman.

Horizon Online will be the next joke.

Yeah, it was one of the best jokes in entire playstation history.

This should show them that they should stick to games that are successful for them (single player) but they will probably repeat this mistake once or... twice before understanding this.

Nordickratos

Neo Member
The Horizon Online project seems like an attempt by Sony to have their Own Monster Hunter at home. If the PVE component is well crafted, and they use the range combat of the franchise and improved Melee, they could find success.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They will get the message after it fucking flops and they lose millions. Hopefully Herman is sent packing with them. Ridiculous strategy.

Methos#1975

I'm honestly still interested in the Horizon game, I'm hoping it's just a live service robo dino MH reskin and I think if done well that could be moderately successful.

Kurotri

They are pushing the third game far away for some dumbass live service game no one asked for. Same way Naughty Dog lost years because of that Tlou multiplayer game. Insane decisions all around.

They are pushing the third game far away for some dumbass live service game no one asked for. Same way Naughty Dog lost years because of that Tlou multiplayer game. Insane decisions all around.

You might be underestimating how popular live service games are. Will it flop? Probably... but that doesn't mean they aren't going to try.

vivftp

Whoever asked for a fucking Horizon multiplayer game?

WITH THESE FUCKING DESIGNS??????????

That is placeholder art from very very very early in pre-production. No reason to believe that has any bearing on the final game.

And A LOT of people are asking for Horizon Online

Top Bottom