• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

lol what does this even mean haha. I love Emancipator, have all his albums. I just don't know how the show would be- I mean, his stuff isn't very danceable.
Isn't danceable? At his show, I couldn't STOP dancing. Did you miss my huge post about going to his show?
Hell YES it's worth going! If anything, it made me appreciate his music even more!

Download my album Never Knows Best for free today & all weekend! No strings attached, please retweet!

http://yameen.bandcamp.com/album/never-knows-best

There's a few vocal tracks but there's a good amount of instrumental tracks as well:

Chumpy (Intro)
Sifters In The Land Of Fun
P-H-I-L-A. (feat. Dj Icewater)
Leonard Part 4
Leonard Part 5
Don't Go Near The Speakers (feat. Casual, Azeem & Dj Icewater)
Spirit Walker (feat. Georgia Anne Muldrow)
The Atmosphere (feat. Maylay Sparks)
Showtime
Fire (feat. Casual & Georgia Anne Muldrow)
Funk Shui
Feels So
Light Of Love (feat. Lady Alma & Shock G)
Never Knows Best

CRS

Fat Jon's new album made me revisit his first Maurice Galactica album and I remembered how amazing it is. Seriously think it's my favorite project of his. His highs on Champloo's Departure are much higher but Humanoid Erotica is a listen from front to back kind of album. One of the best intros ever and never goes down from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpDhXQlQnQ

IrishNinja

Fat Jon's new album made me revisit his first Maurice Galactica album and I remembered how amazing it is. Seriously think it's my favorite project of his. His highs on Champloo's Departure are much higher but Humanoid Erotica is a listen from front to back kind of album. One of the best intros ever and never goes down from there.

+1..it's funny cause i revisit Lightweight Heavy & Afterthought way more often, but i stumble across that one (usually blazed) and fall in love with again several times a year. it's got such a great feel to it.

Still in NYC. Also no waaaay would I go to tally. Fuck that city lol

ive enjoyed some time on the coast (got some cousins out that way) but tally...i mean it's a college town, right? it shouldn't be that lame, but it is, haha

Damn that Fat Jon album is gooooood

bumping all week, ive been meaning to check out more of the quality stuff this dude's putting on my facebook feed now but i can't break away

RJT

I posted this on GAF-HOP a few weeks ago, but it feels appropriate for this thread:

Sam the Kid is a dope portuguese rapper/producer that has some instrumental albums. One of my favorite tracks is Viva!. They gave him the full discography of the best Portuguese traditional guitarist to play with (for a tribute album), and he made that track.

After a while he was touring using a live band. While recreating his instrumentals to do on the live shows, they started creating new things, so they decided to launch as a new project. They started "Orelha Negra" (which means "Black Ear"), an instrumental hip-hop band that uses sampling as the basis for their songs. He sometimes literally does an instrumental the traditional hip-hop way for the band to recreate it.

A few songs:

Throwback
A Cura

My favorite part of their concert: they're playing "SuperFreak"/"You can't touch this" and then in the middle of the song...
they flip the same sample the way Just Blaze did it on "Kingdom Come".
Awesome little Easter Egg (most people don't get the reference).

TCRS

Banned
His work on Samurai Champloo as well.

Metaphorical Music, Hydeout Collections 1st Collection, Samurai Champloo's Departure, Modal Soul, Hydeout Collections 2nd Collection, Spiritual State

Yeah, but he's asking where to start lol. I would say Samurai Champloo Departure and Spiritual State. No real reason, all of his stuff is great and you should buy all of them one day.

(dude we almost have the same nick, what does CRS stand for?)

CRS

lol a little OT but TCRS and CRS...whatever happened to CRS

Us Placers was such a god-tier song.

EDIT: heh didn't realize you posted it too, until it was too late. I saw both your names and just posted. CRS stands for Child Rebel Soldier btw

TCRS

Banned

Dereck

I don't know which album is better, Wave Motion or Humanoid Erotica.

CRS

Jaroof

Here's the first single for Tor, who is also the first artist signed to Emancipator's label.

It's called Glass & Stone.
I digz it.

Also, I haven't been as active on here, because my laptop broke down :(

BUT, I just got a newer, better one thanks to black Friday ^_^

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is there a "regular" rap, hip-hop ot? I'm looking but can't for the life of me find it

Depends on what mood I am, I prefer Fat Jon over Nujabes.

I thought about it for a while and it dawned upon me that Nujabes is Fat Jon's brighter half. I think that's why Departure worked so well. Nujabes has always been known for his beautiful, uplifting music so mixing his work with the darker, somber beats from Fat Jon and transitioning into it is perfect.

Great picks dude. Fat Jon is one of my favorites. His music is like sustenance for my mind and soul.

Mira

Surrection

Ask

I don't know if you guys remember Kitty Wong for that album OneofUs but she stopped making this kind of music music. I asked Senpai about it on YouTube. This is what he said

Hey my man. Unfortunately because of a bad experience she had while working with Sinitus, she has left this music scene. And until further notice, she won't be back. Enjoy what she left behind!
~Senpai

Top Bottom