• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Acid08

Banned
Fun fact for today: J Dilla and Nujabes were born on the same exact day ( 39 years ago today).

hooooooly shit

The fucking planets aligned on that day to produce two perfect musicians.

Edit: Just checked, no they weren't. Dilla on the 7th, Nujabes on the 19th. Fuck you man, got me all excited and shit.

IrishNinja

At Emancipator, having some drinks till the show starts...merch includes a nice shirt, water bottle thing, albums and posters,hoping to get one signed soon!

IrishNinja

Bro Irish is drunk as fuck right now.

and you know this mannnnnn

okay so im sobering, here's what was up for sale - i was trying to post to see if anyone wanted me to grab anything but it was pretty crazy

80cDm3l.jpg

i got that poster onna right signed by dude too, it looks awesome!

so yeah highlight of the evening was telling him/them i'm a huge nuja fan, as well as his work, and that there's this whole community of us that like threw a party online when his new album dropped, he seemed really happy but lotsa dudes were trynna network or something and my chick had work in the morning so i couldn't rightly stay & by him a drink like i'd wanted, he just seemed super humble & thanked me/us a lot for our support! great guy, just like my man Jaroof said.

it was billed as a trip-hop show at a cool lounge i didn't know existed right off the intersection of our highways in downtown, seeing such a massive turnout (hundreds of people by the time he took the stage, i was expecting dozens based on Tor/earlier stuff) got me pretty happy, gonna keep an eye on that venue, however hipster-y, haha. he closed his set with some EDM & a dubstep track or two, really got people hyped.

Jaroof

Badass, Irish!
Yeah, it was the same for me when I went to see him;
I didn't expect a big turnout.. and at first, it wasn't. But as soon as he took stage, there were hundreds of people jammin' out to his stuff!

And I would've asked you to get me something.. but I already have that shirt... and that poster. lol
Actually, I have that one and three of his other posters hung up on my wall.
Just don't have the water bottle.

Glad you enjoyed it, man!
Did he play Elephant Survival? The whole crowd was groovin' when he played that and Old Devil.

How was Tor?
And what songs did he play?

gillty

Banned
Any word on Luv Sic Part 6?
Hydeout still states this month and has an event titled "R.I.P Nujabes" in Shibuya on the 25th, so I'd expect next week.

There is also this:
Shing02 said:
On February 23, 2013 at BPM Brooklyn (flier below)

We'll be premiering "Luv(sic) Grand Finale" LIVE, ahead of the release in Japan. Big up to Hydeout Productions for granting our request.

Shing02 x Chimp Beams (live band) will also perform album "ASDR" in its entirety.

don't miss it!!!

peace
s02

Shing02 said:
[LIVE in NYC]

Saturday Feb 23rd at BPM, Wiliamsburg, BK
SHING02 x CHIMP BEAMS
with SPINMASTER A-1, DJ ICEWATER
10PM~
237 Kent Ave, Brooklyn NY
$15 donation
come thru!!
543577_10151354559353gvsox.jpg

Jaroof

neoism

Reminds me of Blackmill, who is also pretty good.

Love at Heart
Miracle

Though his drum beats do sound pretty similar.. the tracks do vary in their melodies.

Edit: Also, ooooh! A Friendzone mix!

ahh yeah :O..... yep that shit is so dope... listened for hours... it gets rappy near the end but the first couple of tracks are amazing...

DJ Ezasscul - Transition

<3

not really sure where to post this in that new anime thread or hear but I posted similar post last summer about this...

but holy shit lol
amazing.gif

7 fucking years I've been looking for this track in Samurai Champloo.....
this has been a Mystery track for a long time lol its in the 3rd episode when Mugen starts eating the Yakuza's dumplings... lol big deal for me... if you love ploo's music as much as me..
nsfw images in the video...
KISMET (Pilooski Edit) - Amon Düül II

coldvein

Banned
guys. i haven't ever really listened to much nujabes. a few things on youtube.

are there full albums out there? where do i buy them? mixtapes? recommendations?

Kamek

Went to Shing02's show last night in Brooklyn. Him and the Chimp Beams performed the entire ASDR and then all of his Nujabes stuff including Luv Sic Grand Finale. Dope, dope fucking time all around.

Top Bottom