• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Young Magus

3796208612-1.jpg

Beezy Gets Beats, Vol​.​1

This thread keeps on giving and giving and giving :D!!

Acid08

Banned
apollo-brown-clouds-front.jpg

Apollo Brown- Clouds

Was laying in bed last night, in the clouds, having some straight up spiritual epiphanies to this shit. Fucking beautiful, guys.

Jaroof

Woo!
Just found out that a new A.M. Architect album is due on the 5th.
Here's a sample of a track from their debut album:
Unspoken

For reference, Aether is from A.M. Architect... the guy who did this album:

Honestly, I want another Aether album. Artifacts was amazing.
Scratch that. Still is amazing. I still put that on every now and then. Never get tired of it.

saw him back in december, it was pretty incredible

Isn't it?
Man.. such a good night I had when I saw him perform.

IrishNinja

Isn't it?

bought my february tickets for the show - ja & other jazz-hop gaffers, i'm extending the invite: ya'll got a sofa to sleep on in miami if you're down! taking my girl but id love to have more people for the experience, haha

there's a 3 coming? HYPE

Kamek

Is there an instrumental to Shing02- I miss you prod. Yakkle? It's just so good.

Also anyone know if that piano is sampled? I don't think so, but if it is I'd love to hear the original.

O.DOGG

Woo!
Just found out that a new A.M. Architect album is due on the 5th.
Here's a sample of a track from their debut album:
Unspoken

For reference, Aether is from A.M. Architect... the guy who did this album:

Honestly, I want another Aether album. Artifacts was amazing.
Scratch that. Still is amazing. I still put that on every now and then. Never get tired of it.

Isn't it?

I don't really follow this thread but yesterday for some reason I clicked on the last page and saw this post about Artifacts. I listened to it, and I really, really like it. Thanks for that. Just what I was looking for.

TCRS

Banned
kid ness!!
Finding Time!
Where it be is?!

Edit: It's up! :D

woot? a gaffer made this? this is brilliant stuff. maybe create a thread to promote this or something? (ask a mod first though, not sure if we're actually allowed to do something like that.)

"Jazz-Hop presents: ..."

edit:
ah, it's a compilation for charity. even better. donated a couple of dollars.

I was browsing Bandcamp and noticed that L'Orange released a new album in November. Their first album was a really chill jazz hip hop beats instrumental album and the second is pretty much the same. I've been loving them both. You can download their first album for name your price/free on Bandcamp.

Jaroof

Horee shet.
I was looking through Emancipator's FB page, when I stumbled across these guys:

And man, I'm liking what I'm hearing.
Sample: I Want You

That album is free, too!

Apparently, they're gonna be performing with Emancipator! ;_;
I wanna go. I would go with Irish, but I'm kinda strapped for cash right now; flights are expensive!

Edit: Man, Don't Stop is tight, too.

Edit2: AH! The vocal sample in iPlayYouListen is AWESOME!
I really wanna see them now! This music seems like it'd be badass to hear in person!

Great post. Unfortunately Curb Your Instruments was taken off Bandcamp. Or I can't access it. Is there another place to listen to the album?

Edit:

You might want to check that nsfw album cover.

kid ness

iPlayYouListen is AWESOME!
I really wanna see them now! This music seems like it'd be badass to hear in person!
Love them man! So good. I think that's a Kate Nash Sample??

Really? Wow, thanks for the hard work & dedication. It paid off! :)
Liking it.
Cheers :)

woot? a gaffer made this? this is brilliant stuff. maybe create a thread to promote this or something? (ask a mod first though, not sure if we're actually allowed to do something like that.)

edit:
ah, it's a compilation for charity. even better. donated a couple of dollars.
That's a great idea, thanks TCRS! I'll look into it right now. Appreciate your support.

Jaroof

yea soft touch is an awesome track

Hell yeah. Evil Needle never fails to deliver.
That song did have a different sound than his usual stuff, though.

Great post. Unfortunately Curb Your Instruments was taken off Bandcamp. Or I can't access it. Is there another place to listen to the album?

Well.. shit. I got it off BandCamp. I found another, free d/l link, but I don't know if it'd be ok to post it here.
Though I don't think atu charged for that album.

kid ness

New thread created! Thanks for your support TCRS!

Jazz Hop & Instrumental Hip Hop Presents: A 13-track album for a good cause (PWYW)

Finding Time by Ten Million Sounds
(Released Jan 20, 2013)
[Name Your Price, 100% of album sales to charity)

http://tenmillionsounds.bandcamp.com/album/finding-time

1. Aether - Solace (4:07)
2. Handbook - With You This Far (3:05)
3. Incise - Night Glow (2:57)
4. Jimmy Whoo - Starchild (2:12)
5. Brock Berrigan - Synthaholic (2:15)
6. Poldoore - Waiting For The World (5:01)
7. Ohbliv - Badarou (3:00)
8. Evil Needle - Soft Touch (3:26)
9. Somepling - ThirdCriminal (3:25)
10. IV The Polymath - The Recipe (3:02)
11. Rob Viktum - 4/17/1975 (2:52)
12. Bahwee - Every Time (4:00)
13. Ta-ku - Fairy Tale (3:20)

neoism

this was posted a little while back but GODDAMN is this album a masterpiece...

Borealis
this track is ...no words.... it makes me infinitely sad, and happy at the same time... <3 <3 listened to it over 400 times...

Totally gonna have to sub to this thread. I've liked a number of the artists featured throughout so far and I'd listened to a couple previously without realising this is what this thread's about. Can't wait to delve into some of the other stuff in here, it's great!

IrishNinja

kid ness is amazing for that, sad sic ima check out your track soon too man - talented bunch! we should get BobFourty Twojh on here one day

I'm debating whether or not I should make an OT for Emancipator's new album. :p

if you do it, you know we'll show support! bought my tickets, just counting the days too

Jaroof

For all you trog'low fans out there(sadly, I'm not one of them), he just released a new album!

I have his stuff, I just haven't really got into it...yet.
I'll try giving it another listen.

Top Bottom