• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future have the best soundtracks of any games, ever.

Even if you enjoy the music of other games more, the soundtracks to these two completely step outside the boundaries of "videogame music", and can be enjoyed by pretty much anybody. The JSR/JSRF soundtracks are capable of immediately silencing people who look down on videogame music in general.
Best soundtracks? Debatable. I do agree that Naganuma's musical style makes every soundtrack he does feel unique. The same can be said for other soundtracks from other game musicians—Doshin the Giant's half-unused soundtrack by Tatsuhiko Asano, for example. Game music should also be judged by cohesiveness and overall efficacy, not just outright distinction. That's the way I deal with game music critique, at least.

Nothing beats Super Brothers in terms of out-the-wazoo creativity, though. Heavy as fuck.

Definitely going to be grabbing it on 360 and Vita. :) I need my achievements and portable JSR...

I never played this the first time around--I played the demo over and over and then I never ended up being able to play the full game for more than a minute or so. Then a few years later I played JSRF and fell in love. I know the two games are definitely pretty different but I'm excited to have a "new" Jet Set Radio to play :D.

And here I was thinking this was never going to happen outside of emulation. Huzzah for being wrong! Like pretty much everyone else, this was a defining game for me, glad it's getting appropriate love.

Now time for Power Stone? And the Dreamcast version of Half Life?

Cbajd5

Probably will Triple Dip since I'm CRAAAAAAAZY with the PS3(+), Vita, and PC someday. I will also continue my search for a Dreamcast copy.

NOW TO WAITING

xJavonta

Banned
Just asking a question, its coming to psn why would I go to goodwill bro?

There really isn't a great reason too lol, but if you wanted to try it out right now to see what all the hype is about, I'd recommend it. Plus, you get a Dreamcast lol

But yeah, you could just wait until it comes out on PSN/XBLA/Steam/iOS/Vita blah blah. Either way you won't be disappointed!

Edit: Totally forgot the PSN version comes out early. I wasn't interested in that version so I disregarded it lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oh shit this will be on Steam? So bought!

Can't wait to hear Deavid Soul's "Miller Ball Breakers" again. So damn good!

Of all the hardships of being a Vita early adopter this is the most difficult one. The next few weeks are going to suck. Though LBP is my most anticipated game of the year so that should cut down on aching for a good 2 hours or so.

iavi

Out of all the things that have me hyped for this release, the prospect of those developer interviews have me going nuts. As much as I love this series, info to its production seems surprisingly - or unsurprisingly, given that it's a cult hit - sparse.

WHOOOP WHOOOP

Best soundtracks? Debatable.
Game music should also be judged by cohesiveness and overall efficacy, not just outright distinction.

Well it scores huge on that too, as it actually mixes tracks together 'properly' rather than just playing tracks back to back, which I haven't seen in any other videogame (except arguably DJ Hero)

Earlier there was a lot of talk about the achievements vs trophy count for this game.

Has anyone considered that a possible explanation could be that Sega had a completely different development team handle the PS3 version, and thus they chose their own list?

It's also worth noting the PS3 version is the only version of this game that has not been shown in public to my knowledge. Hopefully there aren't any surprises regarding it's quality.

Andrefpvs

I don't think there ever was any similar limit on PSN games to begin with. Devs are just pretty lazy when it comes to this sort of stuff and could never be bothered to add extra trophies just for the PS3 versions.

I'm guessing what happened with JSR is that they did all the achievements/trophies before the XBLA update came out, which meant they had to go back and add some extras for the 360. Since they didn't have to do the same for PS3, they just left it.

Sorry, I meant a trophy value update. XBLA went from 200 GS to 400 GS.

Sony should follow suit and double the value permitted for trophies in PSN games. It's too low right now, especially when you consider that there's no platinum trophy in most of these games. Also, PSN games lately have much more content than when compared to early PSN games.

I don't to put it concisely.

Jet-Grind-Radio-teaser-trailer.jpg

Top Bottom