• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joey Meek, friend of Charleston shooting suspect, released on bond

Status
Not open for further replies.
A federal court judge has accepted the $25,000 bond for the man accused of lying to federal authorities during the investigation into the deadly Charleston church shooting.

Joey Meek, 21, is a free man after his hearing on Wednesday.

The judge granted bail with several stipulations, such as Meek must live with his grandparents and be monitored electronically.

Meek's grandmother did not comment as she left the Matthew Perry Courthouse Wednesday afternoon, but she, along with one other member of Meek's family, attended the hearing due in part to the fact Meek is not allowed to contact either his girlfriend or his brothers.

Last month, a federal judge lowered Meek's bond from $100,000 to $25,000, citing his nonviolent past and lack of hard drug use. Authorities say Meek lied and failed to report all he knew about Dylann Roof's plans to shoot parishioners at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston in June.

Meek is on probation. He pleaded guilty in March to possessing a stolen vehicle. His attorney said last month Meek had been in solitary confinement since his Sept. 17 arrest.

The trial now moves to Charleston and Judge Richard Gergel's court.

Source..

Wonder what else this idiot knew..

Him and those other creepy motherfuckers should get a year or two
christon-scriven-roof-friends.jpg

These geniuses? Yeah..they were suspect as all hell.

Yeah, fuck those guys. If a friend ever drunkenly mentions that they want to shoot up a place, take that shit seriously! Normal people do not say this no matter how drunk they get.

Yeah, fuck those guys. If a friend ever drunkenly mentions that they want to shoot up a place, take that shit seriously! Normal people do not say this no matter how drunk they get.
Listening to this idiot speak really hurts my head.
Guess he isn't a racist..black friend vouched for him. Sorry, families. The university was supposed to get shot up, not the church. Psychotic..and his insistence that race had nothing do with it is..amazing.

Slayven

If I have to take a gun away from you, we can't be friends anymore. And you damn sure can't come around me or mine again.

Shouldn't be out on bail. Too risky. Gotta show mofos we serious about this shit.

What killed me is when he said, "Here I am sitting in front of you as a black man." Nigga, get the fuck outta here with that shit!

I know this is a serious subject but I found your response funny as shit lmao.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Whoops..was reading both. Fixed. Thanks.

Aw, I was hoping for pictures from the courtroom.

I wonder if he requested solitary out of fear when he first got in. Doing that fucks you over. Everyone knows you're weak.

Jail is not going to be pleasant for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom