• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have high interest on this game, but I have a question, is this game region free? Or do I need a japanese PS3 to play it? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm new with the PS3 stuff
With the VERY rare exception (i.e Persona 4 Arena is the only game that's region locked), all physical PS3 games are region free, so import away! Though if it has DLC, you'll have to make a JPN PSN account.

Shouta

For thos pre-ordering form ami ami, when can one expect their copy to be shipped?

They usually ship pretty close to or on the date its released in Japan. I got EMS shipping for this because they offered a small discount and even with that costly shipping it ended up costing the same as Play-Asia without the quick stuff lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pissed I didn't see this thread earlier. Already had this preordered. Jolyne and Hermes main day 1.

Fisico

I have high interest on this game, but I have a question, is this game region free? Or do I need a japanese PS3 to play it? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm new with the PS3 stuff

Absolutely every game are region free on PS3
except P4A

EDIT : Damn, I knew I should have refresh the page before answering

Mupod

Sadly this game is coming out at the worst possible time for me. If I have a job in two weeks I'd love to pick it up. Maybe I can combine the order with my preorder for that Samus figma (which I hope I don't have to cancel).

Also wondering if a stick would help, since I don't have one for PS3. I really want to build a new one but I would want it to be forwards compatible with PS4, and I might have to wait for that console to come out in order to get a PCB with those capabilities.

AztecSoul

With the VERY rare exception (i.e Persona 4 Arena is the only game that's region locked), all physical PS3 games are region free, so import away! Though if it has DLC, you'll have to make a JPN PSN account.
YES! But I still need to wait until have some money to buy it, thanks for answering Zonic505

dan2026

Was it really confirmed that there be a lot more DLC characters?

Not sure, but is there any reason they wouldn't do more?
People will pay for them.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";77947217]I did hide some jojo parody music in the OP. Find it![/QUOTE]

I found it. So many secrets in the OP. Its like a treasure hunt.

Peff

They usually ship pretty close to or on the date its released in Japan. I got EMS shipping for this because they offered a small discount and even with that costly shipping it ended up costing the same as Play-Asia without the quick stuff lol.

So you didn't get "To be determined" for shipping? How much was it? Unrelated, but it's better to pay with the CC directly rather than PayPal, right? Man, I always forget how much of a headache importing can be, haha.

Beckx

Ami-Ami always does TBD shipping on unreleased stuff (even though you select your type - EMS is weight-based), and then sends you an email asking you to finalize your order once they have it in stock.

Peff

Ami-Ami always does TBD shipping on unreleased stuff (even though you select your type - EMS is weight-based), and then sends you an email asking you to finalize your order once they have it in stock.

That's what I thought, but unless he's planning to erase the ten seconds in which shipment costs are charged how does he know it's cheaper than PA? Although comparing prices there is a decent margin there, yes. I miss the better exchange rate :(

So you didn't get "To be determined" for shipping? How much was it? Unrelated, but it's better to pay with the CC directly rather than PayPal, right? Man, I always forget how much of a headache importing can be, haha.
Shipping will probably be 1200 yen for EMS, give or take.

Beckx

That's what I thought, but unless he's planning to erase the ten seconds in which shipment costs are charged how does he know it's cheaper than PA? Although comparing prices there is a decent margin there, yes. I miss the better exchange rate :(

P-A's prices for JoJo's have bounced up and down, and if you've bought games from Ami-Ami enough it's probably not hard to guess the shipping cost (I could look at receipts and guess the price for a JoJo's super action figure, for example).

I spent a lot of time looking at where to buy and finally decided that all the available options (p-a, a-a, Amazon + Tenso) were going to fall in the same ballpark. And since I had a coupon & wanted it day 1, I went P-A.

-----

The sourcing for that 50+ statement seems dodgy.

Beckx

It'd be fun to see Johnny, Gyro and Pt 8 Josuke get alts referencing their "related" characters.

General question for thread: JoJo's spoilers all good in here, or should be marked? Assuming former given nature of game.

I will never not play this game. When I am 80 and my invisible apdopted grandchildren are playing Playstion nanomachines, I will still be playing.

KUAAAAAAHHHH

And as for that OP:

buraboo.jpg

It'd be fun to see Johnny, Gyro and Pt 8 Josuke get alts referencing their "related" characters.

General question for thread: JoJo's spoilers all good in here, or should be marked? Assuming former given nature of game.

Well, some characters themselves and how they are represented are spoilers already, so I'd say it's mostly fair game but it should be GB or a mod's call.

Seeing yo can customiz all characters without DLC, I expect to see Part 4 and 6's Jotaro outfit.

True, but remember we're getting both free and DLC costumes though.

Tizoc

Was checking my Ami-Ami order and it had this as the Genre: Stylish battle JoJo action

I will never not play this game. When I am 80 and my invisible apdopted grandchildren are playing Playstion nanomachines, I will still be playing.

KUAAAAAAHHHH

And as for that OP:

buraboo.jpg

Which chapter is that from BTW?

Oh and chances are this'll be a top seller come Media Create thread, so ya'all better have an image ready to express this =V

Was checking my Ami-Ami order and it had this as the Genre: Stylish battle JoJo action

Which chapter is that from BTW?

Oh and chances are this'll be a top seller come Media Create thread, so ya'all better have an image ready to express this =V

That's from Stardust Crusaders, Abdul vs. Polnareff

Yes I'm importing & payday is the day the game releases. So I'm ready to pull that trigger.

Maybe I forgot to ask but does this have online?

Nice OT! Pre-order is placed and am hyped as fuck! I took the cheap delivery from Play-Asia that can take up to 4 weeks though, so I hope I'll survive the wait. My PSN ID is tjokeboke if anyone wants to do some fabulous battles in the future.

DMG-01

I'd like to get this game, but the only non-SSB fighting game that I've ever liked is Divekick so this seems like a pricy gamble for me. I'll wait for you guys to post your impressions here before I make up my mind.

Love OT's gif.

Guh, I have to read through Stone Ocean to get to Steel Ball Run. Stone Ocean hasn't hooked me yet.

Same here. After slogging through Vento Aureo*, I had lost all steam going into Stone Ocean. Although, I'm pretty sure SBR isn't related to parts II-VI at all, so you can skip to it if you'd like. But you're probably like me and want to read all of the parts in order anyway.

*I hated most of the stands and I didn't care much for many of the characters either.

It should be simple to purchase this from japanese PSN, right?

Yes, you can order Japanese PSN cards from sites like Play-Asia. Maybe you'll even have some money left to buy some DLC characters.

Be warned that Japanese PSN card prices are pretty expensive though.

Top Bottom