• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Card Boy

Banned
What characters that aren't in the game did you want the most? I would have liked Old Joseph, Iggy, Weather Report, Foo Fighters and Stroheim.

1) Iggy and The Fool
2) Lisa Lisa
3) Stronheim
4) Old Joseph
5) Diego Brando
6) Soundman
7) Trish
8) Santana
9) Foo Fighters
10) Weather Report
11) Anasui
12) Vanilla Ice
13) Abbachio
14) Fugo

I'm kind of sad that Vanilla Ice didn't make it. He was one of my favorite minor villains, and his stand was awesome. He's the only character from the rumored list that I think really should have gotten in.

Tizoc

What characters that aren't in the game did you want the most? I would have liked Old Joseph, Iggy, Weather Report, Foo Fighters, Stroheim and Trish.

Off the top of my head, and assuming Each part can have 2 dlc characters each...

Part 2: Lisa Lisa &/or Stroheim
Part 3: Iggy, Vanilla Ice, Old Joseph
Part 4: Yukiko
Part 5: Trish, Chicolata, R. Nero, Ghaccio
Part 6: Anasui, Weather Report, FF, 1 extra villain
Part 7: Diego, Wekapipo, Soundman
Part 8: Nijimura

Off the top of my head, and assuming Each part can have 2 dlc characters each...

Part 2: Lisa Lisa &/or Stroheim
Part 3: Iggy, Vanilla Ice, Old Joseph
Part 4: Yukiko
Part 5: Trish, Chicolata, R. Nero, Ghaccio
Part 6: Anasui, Weather Report, FF, 1 extra villain
Part 7: Diego, Wekapipo, Soundman
Part 8: Nijimura

: )

Just thinking off the top of my head I'll probably me maining Gyro, Johnny & Funny after playing everyone else.

Yes I'm SBR biased

Tizoc

I'm just do Random Select every time, every character in this game is fabulous and looks fun to play in their own way.
Oh and just about everyone has a Rapid Punching attack lol.

Tizoc

Images of Fatty in action:
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201308240011/

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20130823_jojo_asb.html?c=0&t=2195&s=0
Footage from the game featuring Hermes' panties...but I have no idea how to watch it.

Character select screen! Notice how there's space for more characters to be added-
76b69a6e896afb212a949f7c910655b9.png

Rumor has it the game is expected to have around 20 extra characters as DLC, though the way I see it, most parts will aim to have 8 characters in total (mainly Parts 3-6 IMO).
Just pick any 2 characters from my last per part and you'll have a more reasonable character set.

Rumor has it the game is expected to have around 20 extra characters as DLC, though the way I see it, most parts will aim to have 8 characters in total (mainly Parts 3-6 IMO).
Just pick any 2 characters from my last per part and you'll have a more reasonable character set.

That will be crazy expensive to get them all if true.

Silky

Banned
For the record: 3=4>2>6>8>1>5>7 (JoJolion is fast becoming my favorite JoJo with the way it's going now.)

I started with Stardust when SJ sold the volumes in NA, then I went to finish it from 1 to 7. I find Phantom Blood better than V mainly because I appreciate the cast a bit better than the cast in V.

Steel Ball Run...maybe I need to re-read it, but it went painfully slow.

DLC lineup's sounding pretty solid if the game sells like RHCPs. *crosses fingers for F.F and Petshop*

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That will be crazy expensive to get them all if true.

It will cost more than buying the actual game. By almost double.(If they all cost as much as fatty)

So yeah I don't buy that. Even if they'd only release one a month that's updating the game for the next two years almost

I'm getting a 3000 yen points card, which should cover 5 characters at 600 yen.

I don't expect any more than that honestly. and if there are I probably won't buy them

Silky

Banned
You know, I always wanted to see Ungaro make it into this game, solely to see how much shit CC2 could get away with in terms of Bohemian Rhapsody's stand ability.

Like what if it summoned Asura into existence.

Fisico

Damn with 15 characters DLC 600yens each, it would be 9k yens for the whole cast

As for the ranking 7 is my favorite arc with 5 being the one I liked least.

I really need to get this game on release. I'm like, the biggest Jojo fan I know (not saying a lot there, right?). I read through all of the series twice this year and I'm going for thirds.

Either I spend 84 bucks and get it two weeks later (if that), or 100 in PSN codes.

Decisions.

Somax

Subscribed.
Looking for impressions, then I'll decide if I'm going to hope that Jojo is big enough in Europe to cause a localization, or just bite the bullet and import.

No mention of a digital version yet?

Considering that a lot of recent Bandai Namco releases in JPN has had a digital version, Jojo's not having one caught me by surprise.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just put money into my Paypal. So close on pulling the trigger and getting this.
I might wait for some impressions though but the game looks fun.

Haven't bothered importing, hoping on an EU release at least.

No Foo Fighters or Diego either, and the only character who is confirmed who I'd play as is Narancia. The DUWANG favouritism is very painful, I want more Steel Ball Run.

Haven't bothered importing, hoping on an EU release at least.

No Foo Fighters or Diego either, and the only character who is confirmed who I'd play as is Narancia. The DUWANG favouritism is very painful, I want more Steel Ball Run.

Initial character selection is centered on the chapters that are most popular in Japan.

Mupod

Yes it is. All I know is that people can turn into cars? I only know that because of gifs that have been posted in past fighting game threads.

While turning into a car probably isn't even an ability I'd consider strange in Jojo, I think you were probably just misinterpreting what was going on due to a lack of context.

Anyways, the series is a long-running (and still ongoing) manga and has had several anime and video game adaptations. A lot of people were first exposed to it by the amazing Capcom fighting games. It's a very popular and influential series - there's quite a few well-known fighting game characters whose designs were based off those from Jojo. Guile, Benimaru, Rose to name a few.

There's 8 parts to the manga - while there is a distinct timeline and many connections between the parts, each part has a different main character and (mostly) different cast. It's called 'Jojo's bizarre adventure' because the main character's name can be shortened to 'Jojo', for example Joseph Joestar or Jotaro Kujo.

Parts 1 and 2 can be summed up as 'dudes built like brick shithouses use supernatural martial arts to fight vampires and similar vampire-like beings'. Part 2 is particularly awesome since it's got cyborg nazis and the greatest protagonist ever.

Afterwards, the focus shifts to abilities called 'stands'. Which are basically kind of a guardian spirit that 'stands' by the character who summons them. Only people with stands can perceive other stands, everyone's stand has a unique ability, and as an archetypical battle manga the series is all about the crazy fights between the protagonists and whatever weird-ass opponent they run into that week. Stand abilities can be conventional like simply being strong and fast or controlling fire, or abstract like 'if you lose against me at a video game, I steal your soul'. Most of the characters in this game are stand users.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Japan loved Part 3 and Part 5 the most though?

Part 3 and 4 have equal representation outside of DLC characters and Part 5 is only behind by one

Kira and Fatty are DLC. So it seems weird to throw them in the tally towards part 4 favoritism if there are more on the way from other parts

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think Giorno and Jotaro/Dio are more popular/iconic than their parts as a whole

Tizoc

I personally find Stands to just be Araki's excuse to draw bizarre and surrealistic humanoids or stuff.

Holy shit, that is Jonathan-my brain auto-corrected it into Josef because why Jonathan?

But yeah, that's gotta be 1) voting troll or 2)subliminal messages implanted in Roundabout

Well, the lyrics of Sono Chi no Sadame DO say something about the Sun guiding him through the path of glory or something, and this is glory alright :V

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Dio deserves that slot, though-it's been Jotaro at 1 and Dio at 2 pretty much since part 3 started running.

I know Dio has always been popular

but I mean their really strong anime showing has probably done wonders for their popularity. The voice actors of both roles were great matches

and yeah Jotaro being that far down surprised me. Same with Rohan and Giorno not breaking top 10

I know Dio has always been popular

but I mean their really strong anime showing has probably done wonders for their popularity. The voice actors of both roles were great matches

Yeah-season two needs to get announced SOON

Gyro's hardcore like Play-Asia price markups-fangirls aren't ready for that grill

Top Bottom