• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Leezard

Yes, you can order Japanese PSN cards from sites like Play-Asia. Maybe you'll even have some money left to buy some DLC characters.

Be warned that Japanese PSN card prices are pretty expensive though.

Hm, I see. Is it not possible to use a debit/credit card to purchase it directly?

Erigu

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";77982889]Stone Ocean is top three status.[/QUOTE]
I'd argue it's one of the worst parts, if not the worst part.
Part 1... well, let's say "humble beginnings" and all that.
Part 7... at least, Araki's art got better at some point. Rather briefly, but still.
Part 8... I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt for now (which part had a strong start anyway?).
Part 6 just sucks.

Part 7... at least, Araki's art got better at some point. Rather briefly, but still.
Part 8... I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt for now (which part had a strong start anyway?).
Part 6 just sucks.

Part 6 is one of my personal favourite parts :p. It's funny how almost everyone ranks the parts differently.

This thread breaks my heart. I hope someone has the guff to make a localization attempt.

If it sells well enough, BanNam might localize, but I'd say it would have to do some hefty numbers, and they're kind of random when it comes to understanding the market for these kinds of games.

Part 6 is one of my personal favourite parts :p. It's funny how almost everyone ranks the parts differently.

I got into Jojo through Golden Wind on PS2, so 5 is right up there with 3 for me. I went to Harajuku the next day and bought every issue of Jojo up to that point.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Importing it, but am worried it's going to be a game that looks cool and plays like shit.

Card Boy

Banned
My rankings from best to worst

Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 2
Part 7
Part 3
Part 1

Part 8 undecided since I'm only on chapter 3. Only one that bored me was Part 1, so glad it got better from there.

If it sells well enough, BanNam might
I got into Jojo through Golden Wind on PS2, so 5 is right up there with 3 for me. I went to Harajuku the next day and bought every issue of Jojo up to that point.

Yup, 5 is my favourite (although I still don't fully understand Requim and King Crimson), followed by part 6 and 2.

Yasumi

Banned
Well on inspecting Amazon Japan, Jojo is the no. 2 bestselling game after Pokemon Y.

Also if you guys are looking for Japan PSN cards, I hear http://www.japan-codes.com/ is pretty good.
Haven't tried them myself yet. But I've heard good things.

I'll vouch for that, I used japan-codes for Japanese iTunes codes before. Got the email with the code quickly, and it was probably the cheapest out of all of the places I checked. Play-asia charging double the value is highway robbery.

I'll vouch for that, I used japan-codes for Japanese iTunes codes before. Got the email with the code quickly, and it was probably the cheapest out of all of the places I checked. Play-asia charging double the value is highway robbery.

When did you see double? The price for a 10,000 yen card was $119, last I looked.

Part 6 just sucks.

1 and 7 are by far the worst. 2, 6 and 8 are top class Jojo.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Ctrl+F "Speed"
Ctrl+F "Wagon"

Text not found

This is an amazing OT, but the lack of Speed Wagon is breaking my heart!

1351432468059.gif

Shouta

That's what I thought, but unless he's planning to erase the ten seconds in which shipment costs are charged how does he know it's cheaper than PA? Although comparing prices there is a decent margin there, yes. I miss the better exchange rate :(

AmiAmi is 6680, which is about 68 bucks or so at the current exchange rate. Play-Asia is 79 dollars. EMS shipping for a PS3 game is about 15 bucks USD based on past experience. If you went with the cheapest shipping it's about the same but if you want it as fast as possible, you should be saving from buying from Ami-Ami.

That's for the US though.

jgminto

I'm only partway through 6 but I'd rank the parts so far as...

3=4>5>2>1

I'd rank Jojos as...

Joseph(inc. Old)>Josuke>Giorno>Jotaro>Jonathan

and villains...

Kira>Diavolo>Dio>Kars

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The only opinion I have on Diavolo is that he didn't deserve what happened to him.

Diavolo was kind of a weak villain, but for some reason I find myself really liking him. I guess it's his weird design, his cool power, and how interesting he seemed before the final battle started. He and Kawajiri Kira are the characters I want to play the most.

And I kind of agree. If anyone got the GER treatment, it should have been Dio or Pucci.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Pucci, Dio and Valentine are my top 3 villains.

Kira was the perfect villain for part 4's setting, but I don't think he was the best villain. and Cars was pretty hilarious towards the end.

Diavolo was just a weak villain all around. Shitty motive shitty reveal underwhelming design. The most interesting thing about him was Doppio, but once he revealed himself even that was ruined kinda for me.

What Giorno did to him was just fuckin cold blooded though. but I sort of like it for that same reason.

Im curious how this game will stack up vs. the old 2d one.

I think this will be the better Jojo game.

I didn't really like Heritage because with Tandem and the way some characters were designed, I don't think any character really played like they fought in the manga. Save the really vanilla rushdown stands like Jotaro and Polnareff I guess.

ASB looks like it does a much better job at accurately portraying character fighting styles based on what I've seen.

Whether that makes a better game or not will depend on the user. but I think it looks like a far better Jojo game than the Capcom one ever was.

Yonafunu

4>7>2>6>3>1>5 with 8 still pending.

Seriously, 5 is the worst by far. Giorno is boring, the main crew sucks, Diavolo is terrible, the story is completely uninteresting.
Bruno is the only good thing in Aureo Vento.

On topic, I'm in Japan right now, trying not to buy this game. It's really hard though. I don't even have a PS3 for fucks sake.

jgminto

I loved the part 5 crew, especially Mista and Narancia. I didn't think Giorno was any more boring than part 3 Jotaro.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Who would of thought Part 4 would get the most characters.

Granted it is the best.

Hell fucking yeah it is.

I love that the ghost neighborhood from 4 is a stage that you can get trapped in.

Card Boy

Banned
Well as long as we have universal agreement that Part 4 is in the top 3 and part 1 is in the bottom 2 then i guess we are all good.

Good luck on Part 7. Each chapter is like x3 times longer than the other parts. Its 50 pages average and includes double pages.
J3JqpL7.gif

lol that will be a mind warping experience. The stands in 3 and 4 are plain and simple compared to 5 and 6.
I know that the stands in 5 and 6 are stupidly broken, while the stands in 7 and 8 aren't really combat focused(well, most of them). lol It'll be quite a ride.

jgminto

What characters that aren't in the game did you want the most? I would have liked Old Joseph, Iggy, Weather Report, Foo Fighters, Stroheim and Trish.

Top Bottom