• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

No money for any DLC

Esidisi_crying.png

weevles

Dang, now I'm really hoping this gets localized for the West guaranteed. I got the import, but I don't wanna double dip the DLC too...

Loam

With all this DLC coming out so quickly I'm sort of interested in how they're going to do the NA release. Suppose a few select picks will make it onto the disk or are they just going to roll with a ton of day 1 DLC characters?

Caj814

so what is the best options for digital psn codes? someone linked a Malaysian site that looked legit until I found out you had to send copies of your ID, bank statement and other sensitive info.. . .to their email address just to confirm a paypal account was yours

Tusk

Man, I only have 600 yen left. :p Will have to buy another psn card. Got these two downloaded though, and now downloading the campaign. That 600 will be going toward Annasui, will worry about Vanilla ice after.

so what is the best options for digital psn codes? someone linked a Malaysian site that looked legit until I found out you had to send copies of your ID, bank statement and other sensitive info.. . .to their email address just to confirm a paypal account was yours

Play-Asia's ok for digital codes. The value gets better as you go higher and they're usually good about getting them to you quickly.

Someone at CC2 must really love counter supers

Please elaborate if possible

I think this game might have the highest concentration of counter supers (and counter specials for that matter) that I've seen recently-Old Josef and Lisa Lisa both have them.

Or maybe you were talking about the codes? lol

For a 10,000 yen card, the price is about $120 right now, which isn't too bad of a markup, and I usually get the code within 10 minutes of ordering, when using Paypal. If it takes longer than that, it's because they're not in stock. I previously assumed they used some kind of code generator, but it seems like everything's above board.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey I finally bought it!

Put a bit of time into the game and man, combos are so bad in this. You can barely do anything cool and damaging. =(

I do love the aesthetics and recreating the chars but I wish the combat was properly tuned.

Pretty much my thoughts so far. -_-

the VA is EXCELLENT. Sometimes I go as far as picking a character just for his awesome one-liners. :p

Tizoc

So this is the last week where Lisa Lisa and Old Joseph are gonna be 300 Yen each right?
Best buy them quick!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It sounds like the US version is still going to have some micro-transactions, according to Siliconera.

Siliconera asked CyberConnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama and Namco Bandai’s Noriaki Niino if this system would still be in the game when the English version releases.

Niino replied that the system was implemented so “people could enjoy the game longer,” and while the international version will have “lots of adjustments and improvements,” it will largely be the same as the Japanese version. He added that the team was “upset” that fans misinterpreted their intentions to make the game have more replay value, but that they are looking for a way to make amends, perhaps by offering something that might have been a paid item for free.

The development team is currently making adjustments to that system in the Japanese version, and those adjustments will be reflected in the game’s international release.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Replay value? Making people enjoy the game longer?
I can barely contain the laughter.

Finally imported this (Don't know if I'd call it import because the place i ordered it from was in the US lol) and holy crap even though it's not a great fighter by any standards, the style oozes and gets me way to hype and i absolutely LOVE this game

Finally imported this (Don't know if I'd call it import because the place i ordered it from was in the US lol) and holy crap even though it's not a great fighter by any standards, the style oozes and gets me way to hype and i absolutely LOVE this game

It's more of a tribute to the passionate Jojo fans than an actually viable fighting game. It's great fun all the same though, Campaign mode has me fully addicted to the unlocks.

It's more of a tribute to the passionate Jojo fans than an actually viable fighting game. It's great fun all the same though, Campaign mode has me fully addicted to the unlocks.

EXACTLY! i couldn't put it into words, but that's it exactly, a tribute to the passionate Jojo fans, oh man, I'm gonna start using that one, i love the hell out of it, so glad i imported it, and definitely picking up the English release when it comes out

Jenga

Banned
Cancel normal attacks into a quick stand on; press the stand on button while doing a normal attack to burn 1 meter.

aw yiss

*Gravity seems to be NORMAL IN THE CORNER AGAIN - I tested it with Joseph rekkas xx super (they dont fall through anymore)
*TK commands are also back (tested with Kakyoin)
*Instant overheads are back (tested with Narancia jM)
*You can now CANCEL NORMALS INTO GHA (huuuuuge change)
YES! YES! YES! oh my god!

Jenga

Banned
Damn, that sounds like a huge change. Really hope Namco continues to release patches & such once the US version is out.
actually they're probably working to iron out the game by the time the US version is out

patches are fine for broken things, but don't turn this into MK 09...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Taunt combos are still in, but repeated use in the same combo will cause the opponent to fall out.

Does it still count as a knockdown and trigger effects?

That shit kind of ruined Hermes. Now everyone gets a free combo on her after taunt restands if she tries to play her sticker game at all

Otherwise sounds great. Happy particularly about the return of TKs and Instant Overheads

Top Bottom