• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
7smyBCg.gif

THE UNEXPECTED GUN, BAH GAWD JR I CANT BELIEVE IT.

Also I love how the subs just gave up and starting calling it Highway Star halfway through the episode

Astral

THE UNEXPECTED GUN, BAH GAWD JR I CANT BELIEVE IT.

Also I love how the subs just gave up and starting calling it Highway Star halfway through the episode

Lol holy shit you're right. I read Highway Star at one point but didn't think anything of it because I would always say it in my head anyway.

cntr

Banned
They've done before.

I think the translators use the original names, and then go back to change them and forgot to do it this time?

It's a great oversight.

I loved this episode! The Enigma fight now ranks highly among DiU fights for me.
When Josuke held on to the piece of that pole and threatened Terunosuke, I got hyped. Yuya has had the biggest heel-turn as well. Didn't expect him to save the day.

Rohan right now:
https://youtu.be/KJe30WorFvI?t=27

Yeah I thought Teru's fate was a little harsh when Josuke pretty much befriends everyone else.

Don't mess with mom.

What's worse? Being turned into a rock or being turned into a book?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great episode. I've always been a fan of the Enigma fight and DP did it justice! Also lol'd that Crunchyroll just called it Highway Star instead of Highway Go Go lol

RainForce

Banned
Yeah, kind of weird to see Teru share the same fate as a serial killer child rapist when attempted murder has never stopped the cast from befriending someone before. Hell, Hazamada is an actual sociopath that's confirmed to torture animals!

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Did I miss something or was josukes mom never brought up in this episode? I saw her in the car with them at the end but I feel like enigma never mentioned that he had her.

Sou Da

That fucking scene where he sticks his head out just to tell him that he'll kill Enigma was the moment he became the best Jojo for me in the manga.

Amazing episode. Really warming up to part 4. Enigma is a great stand and I love the visual effect of when he traps someone in paper.

Also: if I had Cheap Trick I'd probably commit suicide.

StoneFox

Truly a GUREITO episode. I thought Highway Star dude was gonna be a useless redshirt. but he put in work.
One thing I love about part 4 above part 3 is that some of the Stand users that seem like one-offs sometimes come back to help in another situation. Part 3 doped a lot of potentially good characters all the time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't find the image, but in the episode where they're trying to cash in the winning lottery ticket and the bank guy threatens to call the number left on the ticket, it shows the shocked reactions of Josuke, Shigechi, and Okuyasu. If you pay attention to Josuke in that shot, he is shown biting his lip, which is his fear symptom from today's Enigma.

David Pro are gods.

Yonafunu

Josuke has been biting his lip in tense moments throught almost the entire part. I think the first instance is in Let's Go To The Mangaka's House, when he's confronting Rohan, or that's the first time I noticed.

Episode 33

There was some great animations and shots this episode, but I did find some of the shots being badly drawn. The shot where Josuke and Teronusuke were standing facing each other in the streets were practically low quality. There were also some derpy faces. I liked the fight a lot, though. The Enigma fight was always a very clever, and I love how it ended. The building of tension these past episodes have been great.

Amazing episode aside from the wonky shots every now and then. Goddamn at the amazing ost though. I was starting to get disappointed at how much was getting reused in the 2nd cour, but there's so much new shit it's great!

ALSO DP DID IT! WE IN HERE NOW BOIIIIS!!

cIOKbLS.png

It's sometimes brought up that the way people act in Jojo is often weirder than the actual supernatural stuff. In this case, what the hell's up with the taxi driver? Did he know what was happening? If he didn't, did he really not care that much? Did Enigma have to scare him to fold him up, or was he just included as part of the taxi? Plus, Josuke and the others just happily used that same taxi after defeating Enigma, without even suspecting that the taxi driver could be another enemy.

Pompadour

It's sometimes brought up that the way people act in Jojo is often weirder than the actual supernatural stuff. In this case, what the hell's up with the taxi driver? Did he know what was happening? If he didn't, did he really not care that much? Did Enigma have to scare him to fold him up, or was he just included as part of the taxi? Plus, Josuke and the others just happily used that same taxi after defeating Enigma, without even suspecting that the taxi driver could be another enemy.

They cut a brief scene in the manga where the taxi driver, upon popping out of the paper, sort of drowsily says something like "Weren't we on [whatever] street a second ago?" It didn't seem like he was terrified, however, so I'm not sure how he got folded up.

Top Bottom