• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

man those go animate stuff is so dumb, but i love it

giphy.gif

can't stop laughing at the sight of Iggy as a mini dude

There's such a thing with court houses having a night shift in several states. I would love reading a series, for instead of Dio pursuing to being a dick among gods, he continues to practice law and becomes one of the most ruthless attorneys in history.
Imagine Dio as a divorce attorney.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
This is like the best version of JoJo where instead of fighting all they do is flex their muscles

Opening 1's song is still absolute god tier, the full version of the song is even better. The final Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojoooooooo

Is an absolute herculean effort. I thought he would stop 3 quarters of the way in but he just keeps going. It simply cannot be beat we have reached the apex of OP songs.

SUPERHYPERMEGA

Neo Member
Opening 1's song is still absolute god tier, the full version of the song is even better. The final Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojoooooooo

Is an absolute herculean effort. I thought he would stop 3 quarters of the way in but he just keeps going. It simply cannot be beat we have reached the apex of OP songs.

all the new OPs are smashing but they just don't have the raw power of that JOJO shout.

Anyone know when "Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town" hits Japanese iTunes? It's the only song missing from my Jojo Op/Ed playlist. Well, excluding the Oingo Boingo/Hol Horse stuff, but I'm not paying what is essentially $2.50 for, at most, one minute and thirty seconds of music.

Magwik

Banned
Anyone know when "Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town" hits Japanese iTunes? It's the only song missing from my Jojo Op/Ed playlist. Well, excluding the Oingo Boingo/Hol Horse stuff, but I'm not paying what is essentially $2.50 for at most one minute and thirty seconds of music.
I'm missing End of the World still because nowhere sells it in the US

Now that I think about it, they never do transitions like in PB/BT anymore.

In season 1, the ED visuals were about as simple as they could possibly get, which gave the show the freedom to choose different moments of Roundabout to start into at different times during the end of the episode. In Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable, the ED visuals are more elaborate and synced to the songs, which means overlapping the ED song with the end of the episode is no longer really possible.

So I burned through parts 1 and 2 on crunchyroll but hit a brick wall with 3. I dunno if it's the new jojo, or the persona shit (i know this predates persona but still) or what but after a few episodes it just didn't grab me. Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were immediately great but not feeling it so far

I'm guessing I should stick with it?

I picked up the hardcover manga for part 1 so I think i'm going to go through that stuff

Guess Who

Banned
In season 1, the ED visuals were about as simple as they could possibly get, which gave the show the freedom to choose different moments of Roundabout to start into at different times during the end of the episode. In Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable, the ED visuals are more elaborate and synced to the songs, which means overlapping the ED song with the end of the episode is no longer really possible.

The songs they've been picking for EDs don't really work as well for it, either.

So I burned through parts 1 and 2 on crunchyroll but hit a brick wall with 3. I dunno if it's the new jojo, or the persona shit (i know this predates persona but still) or what but after a few episodes it just didn't grab me. Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were immediately great but not feeling it so far

I picked up the hardcover manga for part 1 so I think i'm going to go through that stuff

Stardust Crusaders drags a bit. Stick with it and join us in the Diamond is Not Crash promised land.

The beginning of Stardust Crusaders is generally agreed upon to be weak, and the anime pacing is slow. If you're not feeling it, I'd recommend just skipping it - maybe watching the older OVAs instead for their highlights - and going to Diamond is Unbreakable.

D-Man

Just stick with it. Part 3 is a drag sometimes, but there are some great fights and moments in there. It'll also help for when you eventually reach Part 4 which is definitely a step up from Part 3.

Permanently A

Part 3 is tough to watch just burning through because its pretty repetitive. Pace yourself a bit.

That's cause it's Yes, you don't just easily top Yes. The To Be Continued transitions were god like.

Easily one of the best things to come from the show musically in my opinion. I wish we hand Roundabout back just for those godlike transitions.

Truth be told I didn't really feel Stardust either myself, but it does get better. Not as good as Battle Tendency, but still good.

ionitron

There's possibly a lot that you can skip with Part 3, I wonder if there's a suitable list that details what you don't really need. A lot of the enemy of the week stands in early part 3 especially aren't really integral to the continuity. You might only lose a couple of details about where they are, and maybe some decent character moments. The second half picks up, and the very end (imo) is veryyyyy much worth the journey.

Thud

Go through everything. Early arcs are what vehicle is gonna crash now hype and later on it's oh my gawd.

If you go through all it you'll appreciate the later parts even more. Sure you can skip stuff if you want, but DavidPro covered everything so it's a waste not to watch it.

Although my angle for watching was different as a mangareader.

Watch the Steely Dan fight, skip to the second part, go right to Pet Shop and then close out the series. Oh yeah watch the ep with that Sword stand, it's awesome.

Astral

Idk I think the only fights I would really skip are Wheel of Fortune, Lovers part 1, Oingo and Hol Horse, and High Priestess. Everything else was enjoyable for me. Some of the later fights especially are a must watch.

Idk I think the only fights I would really skip are Wheel of Fortune, Lovers part 1, Oingo and Hol Horse, and High Priestess. Everything else was enjoyable for me. Some of the later fights especially are a must watch.
Is Maria before or after Pet Shop? Before right? Yeah that one needs to be watched. Though I will admit I'm fuzzy on SC.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is Maria before or after Pet Shop? Before right? Yeah that one needs to be watched. Though I will admit I'm fuzzy on SC.

IMO
Enya, Hol Horse + J. Geil, Mariah, D'arby, Pet Shop, and Vanilla Ice
are must-watches.

Which one was
Enya? The one called Enyaba?
I don't even remember that fight. When I said close out the series I pretty much just meant from Pet Shop on watch every ep, which includes
Vanilla Ice
, which was one of my favorites given how tense it was. Shit got real with that one.

Top Bottom