• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

tumblr_msgpwqgb3j1szh2cmo1_400.png

Chapter cover from Part 2.

If you're interested in what kind of crazy person Hirohiko Araki is, you can read some of his manga volume author's notes: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Author's_Note Don't trust any of the part 5 and above to not have spoilers, but the parts 1-4 notes don't.

"I know that it's a wonderful event, but I never thought the academy awards would nominate anything decent. When Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven" was nominated, I was really happy, and I couldn't even sleep, always snickering under my bed covers. It wasn't like he was someone close to me, Nor would it do me any good, so what is it that makes me so happy?

"Fans" sure are such a strange type of people."

"I could stay depressed about my bad memory, but that's a negative way to live. Let's look on the bright side and list the advantages of having a bad memory.
(1) You can reread a book and see a movie over and over and enjoy it as much as the first time.
(2) If you make an inconvenient promise, you can pretend that you forgot about it and still be forgiven.
(3) This is the most important thing: you can keep coming up with ideas without being held back by convictions or the past."

Yeah, number 3 is pretty much his JoJo writing philosophy.

Crocodile

I don't think I commented on the most recent episode:

Blah blah Amazing blah blah transitions are still on point blah blah didn't expect Arrow dude to show up so soon blah blah OMG The Hand blah blah LOL Koichi was just left dying in the streets for like hours blah blah

As an aside, is there like a narrative/character development reason why Josuke freaks out over his hair or is it just a dumb anime/manga character quirk Araki inserted for the lulz?

wwm0nkey

Blah blah Amazing blah blah transitions are still on point blah blah didn't expect Arrow dude to show up so soon blah blah OMG The Hand blah blah LOL Koichi was just left dying in the streets for like hours blah blah

As an aside, is there like a narrative/character development reason why Josuke freaks out over his hair or is it just a dumb anime/manga character quirk Araki inserted for the lulz?
There is a reason

Yes there's a reason

Astral

I still can't believe there's a part 4 anime. I woke up this morning so happy because I remembered it. What a time to be alive.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh right so Joseph made up from the lack of uniform/person bling with hats

I still can't believe there's a part 4 anime. I woke up this morning so happy because I remembered it. What a time to be alive.

like a fresh pair of underwear in the new year

Blues1990

Can't tell if serious, but I'm sure he discarded that hand the second he became a vampire lol.
For once, I wasn't joking. Given that everything he did was merely a part of a grander plan to further himself, I wondered if he bothered checking in to see if he could take the fortune in Part 3.

Come to think of it, I wonder how much money the Joestar family did accumulate.

Pretty sure he was an heir to the Joestar fortune, that's why he was poisoning George Joestar in the first place.

It is amusing to remember that Dio has a law degree.
DIO Brando, Ace Attorney.

Wouldn't Jonathan inherit the fortune first, in the chance that anything had happened to George? Also, he was planning to use the Stone Mask on Jonathan to make his death seem natural, along with poisoning his adoptive father.

And I'm surprised that no one has done fan art of Lawyer Dio (or make a parody of the character in the Ace Attorney series), as that just sounds too good to pass up.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
In the manga it works though. The covers have been questionable at best since SBR.

It most definitely suits the JoJo's he's created with his less roided style, but the sameface syndrome is strong.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

cntr

Banned
All of the Jojo fighters are terrible at being video games. But they're fucking incredible as fanservice.

You can use ROAD ROLLAH DA as one of Dio's attacks, and if you play as Jotaro you can do the ORA ORA ORA counter against it. Shitting on any form of balance, but fucking amazing.

jgminto

Heritage for the Future is great. I though ASB did some cool stuff but didn't nail the execution while EoH just seemed like a subpar arena fighter from the demo that went full on fanfic for the campaign.

All of the Jojo fighters are terrible at being video games. But they're fucking incredible as fanservice.

You can use ROAD ROLLAH DA as one of Dio's attacks, and if you play as Jotaro you can do the ORA ORA ORA counter against it. Shitting on any form of balance, but fucking amazing.

The Capcom fighting game tho

Edit: beaten like an enemy stand.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Capcom fighting game is legit good, Pet Shop aside.

Blues1990

But how would Dio be able to represent anybody during the day time?

There's such a thing with court houses having a night shift in several states. I would love reading a series, for instead of Dio pursuing to being a dick among gods, he continues to practice law and becomes one of the most ruthless attorneys in history.

Madao

I'd honestly rather have a PS4 version of ASB than EOH.

No local play, no 1v1, NO TRAINING MODE.

I like it because it's Jojo, but as a video game? Fuck, man.

yeah. me too. ASB is the only reason i don't sell my PS3. the other game i have for it is J-Stars and that has a PS4 version so i could sell my old one but ASB stops me, especially since i still play a bit once per week to keep racking up the campaign score.

meanwhile, i don't play EoH anymore. there's like no reason to play it once you do all the story. there's not even a campaign like ASB to just accumulate score (i know that mode was the most hated thing about that game and probably what soured 90% of the people but it does get addicting even if you don't spend a single cent on it)

Top Bottom