• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

convo

Part 4 probably has the most unstable art style of any manga I've ever seen. The art literally shifts every volume, and you can tell it's Araki's most experimental phase. I mean look at this shit
tumblr_n5aqhefs991r6mrcio5_1280.png

It's called evolving artstyle. You would call it unstable if it changed in no particular order ,but the change had continuity . Other parts have that too.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like Araki's recent artstyle. Most Jojonium covers are awful.

Part 4 probably has the most unstable art style of any manga I've ever seen. The art literally shifts every volume, and you can tell it's Araki's most experimental phase. I mean look at this shit
He goes from brick shit house, to fabulous, to fabulous bishounen. At least he wasn't a fabulous brick shit house bishounen. Why does new Koichi look like a Vern Troyer cosplay?

cntr

Banned
I like Araki's current style! You guys might be biased by how it looks with characters from the old parts, characters from the recent parts look fine.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like Araki's current style! You guys might be biased by how it looks with characters from the old parts, characters from the recent parts look fine.

generally he should just stop redrawing old characters

the characters are fine with the artstyle they came with

fertygo

I'm sorry but Araki's current art is just fucking awful, I hope the anime never adopts that style...

Art is pretty decent tho, but like everyone said he himself admit can't really draw the legacy character anymore

part 7 is among of his peak and that with current artstyle

convo

I'm sorry but Araki's current art is just fucking awful, I hope the anime never adopts that style...

The current artstyle has some handsome motherfuckers in there,so no i want it. it's applying that artstyle to previous parts that doesn't quite work.
The current roster of Part 8 is great and the artstyle works for those characters.

Nottle

I love mid part 4's art wish he kept with it a bit more. For my money it is very similar to very late part 3. Characters have a lot of variety in their design, from main characters to the bit players. The characters are also incredibly expressive. Early part 3 reminds me more of part 2 or early part 3. Koichi is so featureless that he may as well be Poco or Anne.

Then part 4 becomes part 5 where everyone has the same pouty lips, slender build, weird chin, and cheekbones.

Blues1990

Dio will never get the Joestar fortune, right? Or has it gotten to the point where he's like "Eh, fuck it. Being a lawyer is for chumps. Look how fabulous I am as a vampire demi-god!"

ionitron

Dio will never get the Joestar fortune, right? Or has it gotten to the point where he's like "Eh, fuck it. Being a lawyer is for chumps. Look how fabulous I am as a vampire demi-god!"

Can't tell if serious, but I'm sure he discarded that hand the second he became a vampire lol.

dani_dc

Pretty sure he was an heir to the Joestar fortune, that's why he was poisoning George Joestar in the first place.

It is amusing to remember that Dio has a law degree.
DIO Brando, Ace Attorney.

I love mid part 4's art wish he kept with it a bit more. For my money it is very similar to very late part 3. Characters have a lot of variety in their design, from main characters to the bit players. The characters are also incredibly expressive. Early part 3 reminds me more of part 2 or early part 3. Koichi is so featureless that he may as well be Poco or Anne.

Then part 4 becomes part 5 where everyone has the same pouty lips, slender build, weird chin, and cheekbones.

Idk why people went crazy about late part 3's artstyle. Looking at the last volumes right now, aside from the detailed covers and the vanilla ice fight, late part 3 is Araki at his most "shonen" phase. The shading and Fotns style detail has been toned down for the most part to much flatter shapes. Loss of detail happens far more often in mid-range, and characters are blocky and have much simpler contours (*cough* shoulder pads).

But yeah, I'd say early mid part and late mid part 4 had the best art styles of the series (there's a weird clown lip phase that I hate so much lol). Easily some of the best detail and shading of the series (pre-Seinen) while being the perfect mix of fabulous and menacing. Look at how perfect this is
axlPsAVm.png

Shame the anime's budget forced the studio to go for a simpler design.

Pretty sure he was an heir to the Joestar fortune, that's why he was poisoning George Joestar in the first place.

Yes. Dio had been officially adopted by George, so he could have inherited everything if he had managed to kill him and Jonathan.

Shame the anime's budget forced the studio to go for a simpler design.

Terumi Nishii's designs for the Diamond is Unbreakable anime are pretty much perfect. They're leading to a lot of strong character art and animation, and overall help create a much more attractive aesthetic than the previous Jojo TV seasons. The more complicated designs are to draw the more difficult it is to make them look good in animation, so good animation designers know how to streamline their designs to make them move well.

Eumi

I mean he's no less ridiculous than Godot. Where's my non-canon 'Dio actually becomes a lawyer' novel Araki?

What? LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Most unscrupulous motherfucker is a lawyer. I don't know if that's satire or just coincidence.

Nah it looks great when the characters are designed for the art style. like part 3 and 2 characters look weird in part 4 style
I actually don't mind Dio and Avdol in that art style, but Aztec Gods of Gains just aren't the same if they're not roided up...Cars has female legs....

Nah it looks great when the characters are designed for the art style. like part 3 and 2 characters look weird in part 4 style
He should never be allowed to draw Jotaro again. I love Araki's recent style but I don't like how he draws the characters in past parts these days...

Finally watched Ep3. I'm glad they kept Okuyasu a complete idiot and I hope that his characterization sticks the same way it does in the manga.

Let's go part 2. Spoilers:
Think they'll rename Bad Company?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are late on the smile bomb train
Here we have the ultimate version
*contains MAJOR SOILERS to Part 4*

I see we're once again ignoring the no spoilers in this thread for the umpteenth time. JoJo OTs pls

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
On that pic with Jôtarô, Jonathan, Joseph and Jôsuke, I must say Jôtarô looks cool. True, he's not as bulky as before, but his proportions are more realistic, and his facial expression still looks badass.

Joseph though... I didn't know he was a fan of Team Fortress 2.

[EDIT] Heck, even Jonathan would look cool if you got rid of all the ridiculous clothing and gave him something more era-appropriate.

On that pic with Jôtarô, Jonathan, Joseph and Jôsuke, I must say Jôtarô looks cool. True, he's not as bulky as before, but his proportions are more realistic, and his facial expression still looks badass.

Joseph though... I didn't know he was a fan of Team Fortress 2.

[EDIT] Heck, even Jonathan would look cool if you got rid of all the ridiculous clothing and gave him something more era-appropriate.
Why is Joseph Joestar-kun wearing 3 god damn hats?

Top Bottom