• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Permanently A

9qYR2t.gif

Sasuga david pro. that shading

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
what happened to the last set of bullets shot at jojo?
They disappeared when Okuyasu's bro went down, since they're not physical bullets, just part of the stand.

That's my take on it anyway.

convo

Because American copyright laws. Even if it is fair use, I doubt anyone involved can afford a lawsuit.

They are being extra cautious with these general names probably because later Stand names can not be interpreted as anything but the band . It's about diverting any attention from lawyers away as soon as possible.

Pleasantly surprised we stayed on a good writing routine.
Yuki Kaji using that voice is one of the best things in anime and he sounded so good for a first timer first stand user. The whole part where Koichi was getting all panicky over using the stand was hilarious, especially this minor moment.

Thus far it seems he learned from the previous arcs and finally found a winning formula. Pretty solid start overall and kind of interested in where it goes from here. ED has grown on me.

Pinewood

So Im guessing the bit about the bow and arrow giving stands only to certain people was bs, more like most people die before recieving a stand? Like Koichi would have prolly died if Josuke hadnt healed him.

Another thing, if I understand this properly, Koichi isnt mentally ready to use a stand and thats why its an egg, and that crack represented a change in his psyche. So when he is fully ready to use the stand we will see its full potential.

So hyped for next week!

brau

So Im guessing the bit about the bow and arrow giving stands only to certain people was bs, more like most people die before recieving a stand? Like Koichi would have prolly died if Josuke hadnt healed him.

Another thing, if I understand this properly, Koichi isnt mentally ready to use a stand and thats why its an egg, and that crack represented a change in his psyche. So when he is fully ready to use the stand we will see its full potential.

So hyped for next week!

PINE~!!!

So far this season its been awesome.

Sou Da

So hyped for next week!
Spot on.

So hyped for next week!

Well the "certain people get a stand from the arrow" still stands, you're just more likely to get it if you're a violent psycho. Remember Keicho said he was wrong about Koichi not having the aptitude.

Hatty

So hyped for next week!

Yeah Koichi cheated
No dignity

FluxWaveZ

I thought his stand would be completely different, since he was shown appearing out of nowhere a couple of times in dark areas and I thought it was related to his ability. Doesn't seem like something that what's been shown of Bad/Worse Company would necessarily be able to allow.

Episode 4

David Pro hit it out of the park again. The fight with Bad Company was incredibly, and things just went from Bad to Worse for Josuke until he managed to pull off victory. Sadly, I had to watch this episode in SD, since the internet where I am is terrible. God, I miss fast internet speeds.

Anyway, the fight was great, and I was laughing when Koichi laid that egg. That's a bit of Part 4 I never knew I wanted to be animated. The bit with Okuyasu helping Josuke was nice as well.

Just a question, but how many chapters did this episode cover again? It's been a while since I read the manga. I was wondering since people here were expecting The Nijimura Brothers to only be 2 parts, but it turned out to be 3. Hopefully, things don't need to be sped up later on because of this.

Astral

Episode 4

David Pro hit it out of the park again. The fight with Bad Company was incredibly, and things just went from Bad to Worse for Josuke until he managed to pull off victory. Sadly, I had to watch this episode in SD, since the internet where I am is terrible. God, I miss fast internet speeds.

Anyway, the fight was great, and I was laughing when Koichi laid that egg. That's a bit of Part 4 I never knew I wanted to be animated. The bit with Okuyasu helping Josuke was nice as well.

Just a question, but how many chapters did this episode cover again? It's been a while since I read the manga. I was wondering since people here were expecting The Nijimura Brothers to only be 2 parts, but it turned out to be 3. Hopefully, things don't need to be sped up later on because of this.

I think like 7 chapters. The last bit of the Nijimira bros can probably be covered within the first half of the next episode. Hopefully.

Squishy3

Pleasantly surprised we stayed on a good writing routine.
Yuki Kaji using that voice is one of the best things in anime and he sounded so good for a first timer first stand user. The whole part where Koichi was getting all panicky over using the stand was hilarious, especially this minor moment.

Thus far it seems he learned from the previous arcs and finally found a winning formula. Pretty solid start overall and kind of interested in where it goes from here. ED has grown on me.
DTL is seeing the light

Kthulhu

This...this would be cool. Lee, Lifeson and Peart are big enough geeks to actually allow this. Was I the only one expecting fucking Charmie Green to pop out of Koichi's egg?

Someone please tell me if any future stands are named after Rush

Not that I know of. I'm not caught up on Part 8, and some background characters in Part 7 are named after bands, but I don't remember a lot of them.

There are a lot of stand names that will surprise you, and at the same time have names that are appropriate for their powers.

daevious

If David managed to make Aqua Necklace and Bad Company this cool, I can't wait for the rest of Part 4.

This has been my biggest takeaway of this season so far and it's making it harder for me to wait and see how they're going to pull off the actually good fights.

convo

I thought his stand would be completely different, since he was shown appearing out of nowhere a couple of times in dark areas and I thought it was related to his ability. Doesn't seem like something that what's been shown of Bad/Worse Company would necessarily be able to allow.

Stand users always seem to have one or more 'element of surprise' cards to burn to appear menacing as fuck for their first appearance. This also seems to allow them to appear out of nowhere as well.

Thud

It's been about 3-4 chapters per episode. So there's still something left.

They did this with SDC as well. Finishing the arc and moving to the next one.

The anime is getting 39 episodes, but it may need a second season depending on where it goes. We'll know more next week.

ionitron

This has been my biggest takeaway of this season so far and it's making it harder for me to wait and see how they're going to pull off the actually good fights.

SERIOUUUUSLY!

When I first read Part 4 I really thought it was pretty slow, but I've been loving every episode so much, and these fights have truly been hectic with a great sense of danger. I remember being a little bored by this the first time, but watching it in action was pretty great. I honestly think it has to do with Josuke as a lead- I realized that he probably spoke more in these 4 episodes that Jotaro did in the first half of part 3 haha.

Ahhh I love the way these characters interact. Josuke and Okuyasu have a wonderful bromance.

SERIOUUUUSLY!

When I first read Part 4 I really thought it was pretty slow, but I've been loving every episode so much, and these fights have truly been hectic with a great sense of danger. I remember being a little bored by this the first time, but watching it in action was pretty great. I honestly think it has to do with Josuke as a lead- I realized that he probably spoke more in these 4 episodes that Jotaro did in the first half of part 3 haha.

Ahhh I love the way these characters interact. Josuke and Okuyasu have a wonderful bromance.
It's also good cause it seems like Josuke won't just be able to steam roll the early stand battles like Jotaro did. I don't think Jotaro took any major damage till he got to the sword stand if I'm not mistaken
probably am

Lunar15

I don't really go to Jojo for award winning writing. I go for really really dumb punch mans and pretty clever puzzle solving.

jett

D-Member
These dumb name changes in the subtitles are idiotic and nonsensical, when the actors are saying the real names anyway.

Top Bottom