• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

nynt9

Let's stop the manga stuff and get back to the anime guys. I'm wondering why Josuke didn't just punch the floor or walls out to escape from the building. That would have made things so much easier.

Let's stop the manga stuff and get back to the anime guys. I'm wondering why Josuke didn't just punch the floor or walls out to escape from the building. That would have made things so much easier.

Best answer I can think of is that the house was in such shitty condition that Josuke didn't want to risk it collapsing or something like that

Hatty

He needs some mentoring from Jotaro in order to learn how to punch his problems away

Kthulhu

How ludicrous does this stand shit get?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

ah hahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhaha

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH

AHHHHHHH AHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

6W7NYWW.png

Matsukaze

When I first read Part 4, that's what I thought was going to happen. I assumed something like: Josuke waits til he's surrounded, Crazy Diamond smashes the floor, Bad Company and Keicho plummet, Crazy Diamond partially reforms the floor around/near Josuke (yes, the reaction speed/timing would be questionable but never question it, it's JoJo), Josuke avoids going kersplat, Keicho gets K.O.ed.

But it's fine. Teeny tiny missiles are fun, too.

Madao

you know things are really bizarre when a series that began with Vampires and Aztec Gods gets weirder after said enemies are gone.

i mean, if you tell someone "this series is about vampires at first but later it's just humans" they'd assume things get less weird but it's the opposite.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

6W7NYWW.png
If only he knew.
4cc.jpg

Every suceeding part after part 4 is to the previous part what part 2 is to part 1 in terms of batshit craziness and creativity

Permanently A

There's a stand from like 1998 that still to date no one knows how the fuck it works or makes any sense. There are some pretty dank memes about it so when we finally get to it it will be great.

You know its bad when, from this fairly vague description and no personal knowledge of the years stands came out, that I can tell exactly which one he's talking about.

Madao

You know its bad when, from this fairly vague description and no personal knowledge of the years stands came out, that I can tell exactly which one he's talking about.

i feel that people are exaggerating the complexness of that stand to the point that, when the anime gets there, it will disappoint people because it won't be all that complex in action.

Permanently A

i feel that people are exaggerating the complexness of that stand to the point that, when the anime gets there, it will disappoint people because it won't be all that complex in action.

Honestly reading it with the shitty translations and scans I feel 100% justified in my confusion. The anime depiction will probably be fantastic.

I think most people can recognize English being spoken even through a thick Japanese accent. That being said, I would agree with others that the number of people who really care about this are next to zero.

So when Japanese people say "Ohaiyo" are they just saying the US state of Ohio?

Japanese words can sound like English words. Someone with 0 knowledge of the original Stand names and 0 knowledge of the Japanese language should be fine with these name changes.

Ascheroth

Can I just mention again how DavidPro is knocking things out of the park here?
The style, the transitions, the art, the atmosphere, everything.
They're elevating the source material up into the stratosphere.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just noticed that on episode 2's ending, in the end of it where the diamond appears and a bunch of Josuke's reflection is present, there is no turtle like there is on the improved ending from episode 3 & 4. lol

cntr

Banned

Japanese words can sound like English words. Someone with 0 knowledge of the original Stand names and 0 knowledge of the Japanese language should be fine with these name changes.
Yeah, this'd happen.

But it doesn't need to, in the internet era, an anime-only viewer could find out the real names from wikis or forums.

Crocodile

I already said most people would be fine with these changes. Most people won't care. That's literally what I wrote. What I'm saying is that most people can tell that when the VA says Crazy Diamond and the subs say Shining Diamond, they are more likely to think "oh the subs are wrong?" than "Crazy in Japanese must mean Shining". The JoJo franchise is not one that hesitates to use English frequently. If it sounds like English in JoJo, its almost certainly English. Your "Ohaiyo" example doesn't work because people aren't stupid and can use context to figure out that people aren't randomly saying "Ohio" to each other when they meet up in the morning.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

6W7NYWW.png
Of course I'm the only one that doesn't get this post...
If only he knew.
4cc.jpg

Every suceeding part after part 4 is to the previous part what part 2 is to part 1 in terms of batshit craziness and creativity
I loved Part 2 and Part 4 is shaping up to be pretty damn good so that's a pretty promising description.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gotta applaud the dub for having fun with the (mandatory?) name changes, Bad Company to Worse Company is pure genius...though it's still on Nijumura's collar.

Top Bottom