• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dtl is not joking. If he is its an impressive facade given his huge tumblr and Twitter.

Also yeah we should probably not talk behind the guys back so much. I actually like the guy. I'm still waiting for his reaction in particular though

Getting back on the subject of JoJo, how do you guys think David Pro will pace the rest of Part 3? I think Vanilla Ice Part 1 will end with Polnareff screaming "You're lying!" to Vanilla. Part 2 will probably end with Vanilla Ice's death, if David Pro takes out both the opening and ending.
I'm not sure about the rest as David Pro could easily move the Suzy Q chapter to be between Terrence and Vanilla Ice.

Next ep will be end of D'arby, the entirety of Kenny G, and the beginning of the Vanilla Ice fight most likely ending with Abdul's death. Episode after that will be most of the Vanilla Ice battle but not all of it, and then the third episode will be the end of the battle and the Suzy Q visit. Everything after that shall be DIO's world.

Speaking of DIO we really need to stop forgetting that DIO's name in part 3 is always capitalized :v

Squishy3

I don't think we're going to get any OPs/EDs for the rest of the episodes. If there are anymore they'll probably stop using them at the beginning of Dio's World. Or they'll keep alternating between having an OP and an ED. For example, last week's had no ED but had the OP, while the week before didn't have the OP.

I'd really rather the episodes with character death not have an op than missing the opportunity to send them off with the ending music.

Astral

DTL's alright. Hopefully he'll like Part 4 as long as he doesn't end up loving Shigechi. He'll probably hate Josuke though. Anyway, next is episode 42 right? I'm guessing DIO will start around episode 45.

Squishy3

You know, Dio's plan is pretty shit.

He has a Stand user capable of creating impossible space in his employ, why didn't he set up a gauntlet of 26 Stand users in the mansion?

I am including Flesh Bud Kakyoin and Polnareff in this equation.

Even if they still defeated all the Stand Users, they would be exhausted and be unable to fight Dio.

You know, Dio's plan is pretty shit.

He has a Stand user capable of creating impossible space in his employ, why didn't he set up a gauntlet of 26 Stand users in the mansion?

I am including Flesh Bud Kakyoin and Polnareff in this equation.

His mansion is boring as hell, if it was like a fun house and you threw in a few new allies for Jotaro along with Iggy, Joseph and Abdul then you got yourself potentially the best past.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He couldn't have his followers discover that he was shacking up with Pucci every night.

So they all got sexiled.

Tizoc

I have a feeling DTL will become enamored by the nefarious Dio once he sees how charismatic he has become.

I want to travel forward in time to when the Part 5 anime is airing just to see his posts about the show.

Ezalc

Oh you just wait til we get to Part 7 anime in 2030/2040!
It'd be everything he wanted distilled into a JoJo series.

Man, I really hope all jojo parts get animated. It'd be great to see it all. By then we'd hopefully have finished jojolion as well.

Squishy3

Man, I really hope all jojo parts get animated. It'd be great to see it all. By then we'd hopefully have finished jojolion as well.
I think you mean figured out what the actual plot of Jojolion is.

Still expecting the unknown half of Gappy to be Dio or some bullshit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

Now I want to know if Season 1 actually got dubbed as well. Just so damn glad we're FINALLY getting news on it.

OMG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

Now I want to know if Season 1 actually got dubbed as well. Just so damn glad we're FINALLY getting news on it.
It's likely. It's high profile release and Viz has rarely done a sub-only release.

I'm curious if they'll keep Patrick Seitz as Dio. And I wonder if they'll give everyone British accents?

So by Season 1 we assume both Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency in the same release right?

It's likely. It's high profile release and Viz has rarely done a sub-only release.

I'm curious if they'll keep Patrick Seitz as Dio. And I wonder if they'll give everyone British accents?

I'm guessing he still has the role on account of him doing a "but it was me, Dio" joke recently :v

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, Parts 1 & 2 are both considered Season 1.

I cannot wait to see who they get as Speedwagon now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't wait 10 years for Ringo Roadagain to be animated
cry.gif

UPDATE: DVD release confirmed to NOT be Viz, by Zac Bertschy of Anime New Network

QMOAVCx.png

6TrZQpN.png

And the plot thickens. I guess this is being released directly by Warner?

Crocodile

Well then it'd also have to extend to his accounts in other social media...

Anyways, I do feel bad talking so much about the guy behind his back, we should probably drop it or just not do it much.

Nah fuck it, I'll say it: When it comes specifically to Anime & Manga (I don't see him post in other topics so I don't know where he stands on shit that "really matters") his opinions border so close to the absurd that I can only assume they are trolling or opinions stated with the goal to be contrarian. His tears when Kakoyin dies will be delicious.

Now excuse me while I prepare my kind of ironic/kind of not ironic "Why a brother gotta die twice" post for when Avdol bites it. Prior knowledge of Stardust Crusaders means I already knew Avdol dies but I still don't know the exact circumstances. I'm hoping he goes out in a blaze of glory but the general vibe I've gotten is that he "goes out like a bitch" and that Polaneff's stupidity is somehow involved. Excuse me while I set this table which I expect to be flipping within 48 hours time

670px-Set-a-Table-Step-13.jpg

A while ago I figured I needed to actually read the series, and have finally read all the way up to Steel Ball Run.

I'm probably too close to having just finished it, but it's maybe my favorite part. The weird story, the Spin, the stand powers, and the characters were so good.

I can't wait for all of it to be animated in 20 years.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else get volume 2 of Phantom Blood? I think it's great once again. High quality release, just like volume 1.

The release schedule for the volumes have been a nightmare though. They're so far apart! ;(

Siegcram

Anyone else get volume 2 of Phantom Blood? I think it's great once again. High quality release, just like volume 1.

The release schedule for the volumes have been a nightmare though. They're so far apart! ;(
If the quality is consistent and there's no major delays, I'll gladly deal with the schedule as is.

Between JoJo, Monster PE, Pun Pun and Prison School, my manga budget is already stretched out pretty thin.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems that way. Which I guess means we're more likely to Roundabout, so there's that maybe? I guess that also means Warner did the dub for the first 3 SC episodes? This is getting a bit complicated now.
Yeah, I just checked & I think Roundabout is owned by one of Warner's music records. Though based on what I found, I think Walk Like an Egyptian is owned by Columbia, one of Sony's music records.

Haven't gotten volume 2 yet but I plan to pick it up soon. I don't mind the slow release schedule too much. It took them years to release all of Bokurano (only 11 volumes total, too) so I guess I'm just used to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom