• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Dude I can't believe how rife with spoilers that opening is. Like, a person who isn't familiar with Jojojos might not notice it; but someone who is would be "That's a huge spoiler!"

It's not as bad as the Part 2 opening for that though. It's a lot more obvious there,

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New scan is out, reconfirms that Yukako from Part 4 is in Eyes of Heaven, along with Koichi coming back.

As for "new" info, Polnareff & Hol Horse are in as well.

KarasuEXE

About EoH, what we've seen in the demo is that there are predefined tag teams, right? So we can't select each character of the pair, like making a Kakyoin-Caesar team?

Hatty

These guys seem to be going down pretty easy Wonder if they will return somehow? And Doobie Wah is a pretty great name

jgminto

I MADE THIS "BUS" LOOK LIKE MY 'DAD' and HE WAS TALKING TO A "BUS" THIS WHOLE TIME are my new favourite out of context JoJo lines.

Somax

Everything has random 'quotes', and it's 'awesome'.

Also, the D'arby the Gamer fight is having a really nice adaptation in the anime... The racing game is quite good to watch!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ha ha ha ha - it took me a minute to re-read several panels and figure out what the fuck was happening with the bus and then it was like "Oh my god".

When used properly Tsurugi's stand is downright nasty.

Though with Paisley Park... a magazine ended up being one way to fend off Doobie Wow. I wonder if PP does in fact offer the user the two most likely strategies in physical range, rather than a right or wrong choice. Then it's up to the user to figure out how either choice can be taken advantage of.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always wondered, heart motifs were definitely for DIO and DIO followers but why does second best Jojo protagonist's Stand (Josuke) have those?

JayEH

I always wondered, heart motifs were definitely for DIO and DIO followers but why does second best Jojo protagonist's Stand (Josuke) have those?

Interestingly, Josuke's stand also looks the most similar to The World in design outside of the hearts.

Johnny the real second best Jojo :p

Akiller

8dcdee7202.png

Had to reread some panels in that Jojolion chapter, what a crazy fight. But I feel that this guy will return later, he went down to easily, even if Tsurugi is OP.

It makes me wonder if Kamiya ever read further than Part 2.

With the last Jojolion chapter it becomes more and more apparent the fights in SBR and JJL are just running away for the most part.

So should we warn the guys at the anime OT to stop watching the next episode previews starting this friday just in case or would that seem spoilery anyways since that'd technically be implying major shit's starting next episode?

jgminto

So should we warn the guys at the anime OT to stop watching the next episode previews starting this friday just in case or would that seem spoilery anyways since that'd technically be implying major shit's starting next episode?

They're not going to put any big spoilers in the preview. They didn't even reveal the nature of the D'arby fight in the preview before it.

Pappasman

So uhhh, I just finished Stone Ocean. 

Over the past year and a half I've been reading my way through parts 3 - 6. Tonight I finished 6 and I don't know how to feel.

I loved Stone Ocean all the way through but that ending really threw me for a loop. I'm a sucker for happy endings, but this one has me conflicted. On one hand I loved that it was Weather's stand to finish off Pucci. His brother finally got the revenge he was looking for. I also liked that they found a way to remove the Joestar's curse and gave them happy lives. Even though things are different they are all still bound by friendship in this new universe.

On the other hand I wish Jolyne was able to finish off Pucci and get resolution in the world where she developed and grew as a character. I really wish that happy ending was in the universe that I knew and loved. It would have been nice to see a Dio's influence be permanently stopped in the world where it began.

But eh, overall I absolutely adored part 6. So far my favorite is probably 4, but I really loved all of JoJo's I've read/watched so far. I think I'm going to take a break before I continue on to SBR. Its kind of daunting becuase for the first time in JoJo's I really don't know what to expect.

Naw, warning people would probably do more then the previews
People gotta go in not expecting the massacre

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is a 3 parter after all. God damn it I want to get to the next fight already.

Edit: Or...not? They're not calling it D'arby the Player part 3 but Vanilla Ice part 1 even though the D'arby fight is not over yet. Well, ok then...

I have no idea how they'll pace the next episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom