• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD box art

2FKZOGk.png

DVD and sub only.

Are we sure we're still in 2015 and didn't go back somehow

JayEH

The way it talks about how his parents never even knew where he went or about his death was really sad. Caesar at least gets some final words and thoughts in. Kakyoin just dies.

:(

All 3 deaths hits me hard in SC actually but Kakyoin was definitely the toughest.

Ezalc

Cream is my favorite stand design in SDC hands down.

Cream's design, power, and introduction are handled perfectly. It looks menacing, kills Avdol when it's introduced and then goes on to kill off Iggy as well. Fucking brutal and I love it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'd love to support the release, but no thanks. I don't like the cover, it doesn't have a dub, and it's DVD. No thank you. I'd rather rewatch Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency through Crunchyroll.

So for some reason (probably since it's been awhile since I've read part 3), I completely forgot about the Vanilla Ice "arc" in the manga and replaced it with the vastly inferior fight from the OVA.

The Vanilla Ice arc, right from the beginning, is actually a pretty damn good showcase of characterization and character development from Araki in a short amount of time. The biggest examples are Vanilla Ice's insane loyalty to DIO, which comes back to bite him in the ass not once but twice. The first time when he was fooled (heh) by Iggy's sand DIO statue.The second time culminates in his defeat, where he's killed by the sun, which wouldn't have even been a problem if he hadn't cut his head off.

And on the other side of the spectrum, with Avdol, Iggy and Polnareff. At the beginning they all agree to not help each other if either one of them gets into trouble, reasoning that they are there to defeat DIO. But Avdol defies this almost immediately, because that's just the kind of guy he is.

Iggy and Polnareff are just fucking HAMMERED by Ice for most of the fight, until the very end which culminates in Iggy having the chance to run away and save himself just like every other time. But this time he stays. Nearly beaten to death by Ice he still stays, protecting Polnareff until he dies of exhaustion.

It's actually kind of beautiful. Part 3 definitely has the best "death moments" of the franchise after Caesar.

Crocodile

Unless Part IV is set in Sendai or a place like it (I have no idea if it is) and they are doing local research for the next part, this strikes me as a pretty large reach :/

JayEH

So for some reason (probably since it's been awhile since I've read part 3), I completely forgot about the Vanilla Ice "arc" in the manga and replaced it with the vastly inferior fight from the OVA.

The Vanilla Ice arc, right from the beginning, is actually a pretty damn good showcase of characterization and character development from Araki in a short amount of time. The biggest examples are Vanilla Ice's insane loyalty to DIO, which comes back to bite him in the ass not once but twice. The first time when he was fooled (heh) by Iggy's sand DIO statue.The second time culminates in his defeat, where he's killed by the sun, which wouldn't have even been a problem if he hadn't cut his head off.

And on the other side of the spectrum, with Avdol, Iggy and Polnareff. At the beginning they all agree to not help each other if either one of them gets into trouble, reasoning that they are there to defeat DIO. But Avdol defies this almost immediately, because that's just the kind of guy he is.

Iggy and Polnareff are just fucking HAMMERED by Ice for most of the fight, until the very end which culminates in Iggy having the chance to run away and save himself just like every other time. But this time he stays. Nearly beaten to death by Ice he still stays, protecting Polnareff until he dies of exhaustion.

It's actually kind of beautiful. Part 3 definitely has the best "death moments" of the franchise after Caesar.

Very well said. To be honest the death moments are what make 3 my favorite part. Everyone who does die in this part sacrifices themselves for the good of the party and contributes something in the end. And I'm a sucker for stories like that. That's why I don't get the total disregard for Avdol's death in the anime thread.

the worst instances of characters dying is Part 5 IMO where Bruno has the only good death moment. Narancia and Abbacchio sort of just randomly die.

Tizoc

Bleh I expect them to animate Part 4.
Just watch as the bluray for the Part 3 finale will have an extended scene where Josuke's mom wishes him a good day at school, and the clip ends with her calling him JoJo and then Josuke turns around and the viewer sees him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Unless Part IV is set in Sendai or a place like it (I have no idea if it is) and they are doing local research for the next part, this strikes me as a pretty large reach :/
As mentioned, Sendai was the town where the mangaka was born, & he based the setting of Part 4 (Morioh) on it. To quote the Jojo wikia:

He states that Sendai was an old historical town, but began residential construction in the 80's, causing new houses to be built everywhere. Intimidated by the rapid increase in strangers, Araki used this experience for the basis of the setting in Part 4. However, Araki felt using the real name of the city in his manga may anger people, so he changed the name to Morioh. Morioh is instead a town within S City in M Prefecture, still referencing the real life city of Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture.
It's very likely they're going there for actual research on how to design the town for the anime version.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's probably like a town inside a county that's called a city.

Like the greater LA area.

i cannot wait to see Josuke flip a motorcycle over a baby and punch a plate of spaghetti

i cannot wait for josuke to meet an alien and then immediately use him to swindle money from a mangaka

i cannot wait for the heartpounding action as a conceited manga artist struggles with crossing the street and playing rock paper scissors with a grade schooler

i want to see okuyasu arguing with a ghost

i want to see the dreaded kira trying to get a paper bag from a middle school student

i want to see the guy whose power is that he lives in a magical radio tower and can't leave

Tizoc

i want to see okuyasu arguing with a ghost

i want to see the dreaded kira trying to get a paper bag from a middle school student

i want to see the guy whose power is that he lives in a magical radio tower and can't leave

Don't you mean the dreaded Kiru?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Jotaro a Marine Biologist in Part 4 or not yet?

I can't wait for a beautiful duwang, CHEW.

jbug617

Banned
I love how that article claims those tweets are teasing a new series and then goes on to show that they actually aren't. Quality clickbait.

the thing is why is the official Jojo anime twitter taking vacation pics? If there is an individual running that account they should used their own twitter.

Ezalc

between having an illegitimate kid and going senile, part 4 isn't great to joseph

Although screw the haters, him saving invisi-baby was touching.

That's true, but let's look on the bright side. Joseph has great taste in women as shown with Suzy Q and Tomoko, dude fathered Josuke who is the second best Jojo losing only to himself when he was younger, and he not only saved a baby by almost killing himself he goes on to adopt her as well even with the possibility of facing Suzy Q's wrath once more for another child suddenly appearing in their marriage.

Still the best Jojo.

Not condoning cheating, but I'm just saying. Also, somebody get Trussardi to give Joseph some water that he'll be good as new.

jgminto

i cannot wait to see Josuke flip a motorcycle over a baby and punch a plate of spaghetti

i cannot wait for josuke to meet an alien and then immediately use him to swindle money from a mangaka

i cannot wait for the heartpounding action as a conceited manga artist struggles with crossing the street and playing rock paper scissors with a grade schooler

I can't wait to see Okuyasu drink some water.

iocCncb46eAQj.png

Thinking about it, it would've been cool if Jotaro had brought Shizuka along in his attempt to break Jolyne out of prison. I mean, pretty sure invisibility would've been really useful.

Ezalc

Thinking about it, it would've been cool if Jotaro had brought Shizuka along in his attempt to break Jolyne out of prison. I mean, pretty sure invisibility would've been really useful.

She would have been pretty young still. Guess that's why she didn't go, or more likely that Araki completely forgot she existed.

Siegcram

I should get some work done today, but I guess I'll re-read Part 4 instead.

And I also love how perfectly the last episode handled the nothing that is Kenny G. Flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom