• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

I dunno, showing us Jotaro literally stop his heart using his stand so that Dio can't hear his heartbeat is pretty badass.

Ideally, you'd reveal he was alive by showing that, as Dio approaches.

Anyway, the OVA version of that scene is really tense. That and when Dio starts disappearing in the middle of sentences. The manga didn't really capture that.

For fan service the OVA is inferior I guess but unless David Production can actually hire some talented animators the anime is gonna look like Dio's time stop never runs out. :)))

Squishy3

For fan service the OVA is inferior I guess but unless David Production can actually hire some talented animators the anime is gonna look like Dio's time stop never runs out. :)))
Stardust Crusaders already has more frames of animation than Parts 1 and 2. :>

Look at the second Anubis episode, plenty of good animation and well-directed action.

Stardust Crusaders has been pretty well animated. The OVA has it beat on a purely technical level since it has some legendary directors but we are past the days of part 1/part 2.

Stardust Crusaders already has more frames of animation than Parts 1 and 2. :>

Look at the second Anubis episode, plenty of good animation and well-directed action.

DVD sales help. Anubis was pretty impressive stuff for David Pro, but there hasn't been anything on the same level since although I haven't watched the Vanilla Ice episode yet so we'll see how that goes.

Stardust Crusaders has been pretty well animated. The OVA has it beat on a purely technical level since it has some legendary directors but we are past the days of part 1/part 2.

I remember back when the anime got announced I honestly couldn't decide on who would do Jojo the most justice, if anything I thought each part by a different studio would've been too good but also way too ambitious. Then this no name studio got it and pretty much made a name for themselves with it. Oh well, better than SHAFT I guess.
Ayy.

I'm just glad the David Pro production is fun by unashamed fanboys.

Just like the early manga, being stylish instead of technically proficient is what helped the 2012 anime to survive.

Squishy3

DVD sales help. Anubis was pretty impressive stuff for David Pro, but there hasn't been anything on the same level since although I haven't watched the Vanilla Ice episode yet so we'll see how that goes.
They did a way better job with Vanilla Ice's introduction and him feeding himself to his Stand and then the Stand eating itself than the OVA did, censoring aside.

So, DIO was the one who wrote that "you will die" message, right?

I think that must have been pretty dumb. Stop time, write a few characters, hide, stop time again, repeat until done.

I think that must have been pretty dumb. Stop time, write a few characters, hide, stop time again, repeat until done.
If the message wasn't there Cream would have gotten them all in one fly by. Avdol and Iggy couldn't tell, and they were lined up for an easy triple kill in that moment.

Those time stop Dio gifs are great. Did anybody predict the nefarious Dio's power before its reveal? Considering the lead up hints are so wacky (he picks up and moves Polnarref, climbs around Hol Horse, and moves that guy into the coffin) it doesn't seem like anyone would have accurately guessed. I was spoiled on it before I experienced the story.

Siegcram

It doesn't really add up timeline-wise, since he's defeated beforehand, but I always chalked it up to further incompetence on Kenny G.'s part.

Ezalc

I don't remember if it was in this thread or on some facebook page but I found it funny that here we have: An Egyptian man, a French man, and a dog in the house of a British vampire in Egypt. And they write the message in Japanese. I mean I know why it's in Japanese and all, but I like to think that if such a thing had happened they are all actually speaking English during this whole thing, since that's probably the only way they'd be able to communicate.

If the message wasn't there Cream would have gotten them all in one fly by. Avdol and Iggy couldn't tell, and they were lined up for an easy triple kill in that moment.

Those time stop Dio gifs are great. Did anybody predict the nefarious Dio's power before its reveal? Considering the lead up hints are so wacky (he picks up and moves Polnarref, climbs around Hol Horse, and moves that guy into the coffin) it doesn't seem like anyone would have accurately guessed. I was spoiled on it before I experienced the story.

That's my point, Dio does dumb stuff like that so I wouldn't put it past him to write a stupid message on the wall for dramatic effect :p

Right Stuf just tweeted that JJBA S1 will have a Dub and they updated the listing.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1ZoywQ8kTqLz1fbb=L/browse/item/105542/4/0/0

6sui1n8.gif

I've only seen the Darby the Gambler and Dio's OVA and I wasn't really impressed, the changes weren't really needed. The manga was already perfect IMO

I've seen a lot of negative posts towards part 5, yes the final fight was disappointing (and I really talk about the very end, the fight to get the arrow was extremely to be honest), but it's probably one of the best part when it comes to combats. Grateful dead and Bigboy is probably my favorite fight in the series.

And I would really love to go to Italy someday so maybe that's why I really loved this part.

Hypron

I've only seen the Darby the Gambler and Dio's OVA and I wasn't really impressed, the changes weren't really needed. The manga was already perfect IMO

I've seen a lot of negative posts towards part 5, yes the final fight was disappointing (and I really talk about the very end, the fight to get the arrow was extremely to be honest), but it's probably one of the best part when it comes to combats. Grateful dead and Bigboy is probably my favorite fight in the series.

And I would really love to go to Italy someday so maybe that's why I really loved this part.

I also like that the part 5 crew is completely ruthless. They don't fuck around, they just kill almost everyone that opposes them. It's a nice change of pace compared to most of the rest of the series.

The majority of the Jojo community shuns Part 5 the same way they adore Part 4 simply because everyone else does. Part 5 is my favourite part but it does have its problems. One of those ISN'T Giorno not being the leader though, he used Buccellati as a means to an end, you can't just force yourself into a gang and attain leadership, you must earn their trust before going up the ladder. You know how in all them gangster movies it's about getting ahead? That's the whole point, I tire of hearing this excuse as to why Part 5 is bad though. Complain about Giorno all you want but the motive and execution is clear.

Ezalc

The majority of the Jojo community shuns Part 5 the same way they adore Part 4 simply because everyone else does. Part 5 is my favourite part but it does have its problems. One of those ISN'T Giorno not being the leader though, he used Buccellati as a means to an end, you can't just force yourself into a gang and attain leadership, you must earn their trust before going up the ladder. You know how in all them gangster movies it's about getting ahead? That's the whole point, I tire of hearing this excuse as to why Part 5 is bad though. Complain about Giorno all you want but the motive and execution is clear.

Yes, the fact that people read it and didn't like it has nothing to do with it.

Ezalc

it was a throw away passive aggressive statement, but still the Part 4 hivemind is apparent.

I mean there are people who do dislike it for no reason, but as you said it yourself part 5 has its problems. The fact remains that for some people those problems are just bigger sticking points than the qualities overall, especially when put against the pros and cons of other parts.

Hatty

Part 5 is really good and so is all of Jojo
It's in the bottom four of my list though possibly due to a terrible translation. Part 6 is one of my top three so I have bad taste I guess

Lunar15

I like all the parts. 4, 2, and 7 are my favorites, but the rest are no slouch.

I think a bad translation hurts 5. Giorno is also a little boring compared to other protags. It's good though.

The funny thing about 4 is that everyone is the protagonist of part 4 except for Josuke.

Yonafunu

I've never heard anyone complain about Giorno not being the leader. I actually like that he isn't. The problem with Giorno is that he's fucking boring. Everybody says it's because of the translations, so we'll see if it changes, but until then he's the worst Jojo since Jonathan.

D-Man

New Famitsu scans for Eyes of Heaven are out. It confirms Part 1 Dio, Old Joseph, Iggy, and N'Doul as playable characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank goodness, Old Joseph & Iggy aren't DLC again.

So like, will N'Doul just sit there while you control the actual stand?

Tizoc

New Famitsu scans for Eyes of Heaven are out. It confirms Part 1 Dio, Old Joseph, Iggy, and N'Doul as playable characters.

Damn N'doul/N'dour?

He was intended to be a playable character in the Capcom JoJo game, or at least I think he was intended to be so.

Squishy3

At least two weeks because we still have the Suzy Q visit which should take at least half an episode
If Vanilla Ice ends this week we should get Suzy Q and the first 2 chapters of Dio's World next week, which would end on Dio summoning The World and Jotaro, Kakyoin and Joseph breaking through the wall to where Polnareff and Dio are.

It'd be a really good episode ending.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully we'll finally hear about Parts 5 through 7. Though my guess is next we'll hear about Part 4 characters again, reconfirming Kira & such.

JayEH

Even if eyes of Heaven is shit (which it very well seems like) having a big cast of characters can definitely make it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom