• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently going back through part 4 for the first time in over a decade. As much as I enjoyed it and have been telling people it was my favorite I'm realizing I'd forgotten a ton of details.

Never spent much time on 5 or 6 but I plan on correcting that soon. Hopefully I'll be caught up to 8 in the next month or two.

The anime thread's been pretty fun to follow. All those poor souls that thought Avdol was just hiding...

If Karera is a rock person, and that thing she did with flashing light in Josuke's eyes was deliberate on Araki's part, then she's probably also SBRverse Kars.

and yes I know about Magenta Magenta but still

Squishy3

Holy shit, we're actually going to get pretty far next episode.

Kakyoin's line "When did he bring out his Stand?" is in the preview, and that's in the 6th chapter of Dio's World.

Hatty

We'll probably get to "I know how to find the secret of his stand" next week and Kakyoin will get shown the world the episode after

Astral

Episode 45: Dio picks up Polnareff and keeps putting him back in place just to fuck with him. Kakyoin faces Dio.

Episode 46: Kakyoin is killed, Jotaro and Dio's battle begins.

Episode 47: Joseph dies I guess. If they don't end it with that then I'm not sure where they'll end it.

Episode 48: Star Platinum's The World and epilogue.

That's my guess anyway.

jgminto

it0lLEs3imXM4.png

That's the Gappy we all know and love.

edit: This is probably the best Jojolion chapter in months!

fertygo

Late part 3(Araki achieve the most cartoony period for his art), early 6(Jolyne is too cuteeeee in this stretch, and SBR(Araki achieve his finest detail) is my favorite period for the art

I just finished episode three of Phantom Blood, and I was surprised at some of the violence. Not that I have an issue with it, but I did not expect it from what I have seen from the series.

So guess what I got to do at Anime North this weekend!

Iuo9dP6.png

(Pardon the awkward face, the sun was in my eyes and I had to hold that pose for a full thirty seconds >_<)

Squishy3

I just finished episode three of Phantom Blood, and I was surprised at some of the violence. Not that I have an issue with it, but I did not expect it from what I have seen from the series.
Jojo's is known for being kind of hyper-violent. And while some of it is to a ridiculous degree, you also get examples that feel like they could happen to you. Out of what you've seen so far, the one that comes to mind is when Dio's knife splits open the hand of the guy he first uses the stone mask on.

I'm surprised that I've never skipped the OP/ED of Stardust part 2. They're just so good!
I really hope they have a segment in the last episode where everyone is saying goodbye and they play Last Train Home over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom