• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that even Araki didn't know exactly what The World did at this point. Knowing now that the power is to stop time, the shenanigans with Hol Horse and Polnareff are hilarious.

This is the guy who made Gold Experience, which pretty much did whatever the fuck it wanted from arc to arc.

JayEH

It's possible that even Araki didn't know exactly what The World did at this point. Knowing now that the power is to stop time, the shenanigans with Hol Horse and Polnareff are hilarious.

This is the guy who made Gold Experience, which pretty much did whatever the fuck it wanted from arc to arc.

That's is what it seems like it. He looks like he had a general idea of what DIO's power was but came up with time stop at the last minute.

Squishy3

I am literally waiting to post those goofy time stop gifs
I think for those we should wait a day or two after the episode airs, in the off-chance anyone steps in the thread before watching the episode.

I wish next episode would end on this.

5270ce04f6.png

I think for those we should wait a day or two after the episode airs, in the off-chance anyone steps in the thread before watching the episode.

p4ZN2wB.jpg

Also waiting to post this

Like, crap man, look at that. That's like his stomach plug, on the ground back there. You don't see that every day. I mean that doesn't even seem possible if you think about it, with body organs and cartilage and bones. I mean I'm no doctor or nothin' but that was like one clean chunk.

Tizoc

5270ce04f6.png

That's the most menacing street crossing I've ever seen :V

Squishy3

The rewind time in his range theory seems to be the most prevalent among theories the people I know who haven't been spoiled so far.

Hatty

A few more chapters of the part 5 translation are out
Does anyone know if these are accurate? The dialog seems to flow better

Yes, actually. My favorite song has to be IGGY WALK by Coda. Such a chill tune.

It ain’t my problem
Do what you want
It ain’t my problem, don’t want none of it

I won’t wag my tail
Obedience? Not interested
Just get me my coffee-flavored gum

It ain’t my problem
Do what you want
I’m carefree in my sand-drawn life

Idiots always engage in meaningless fights
Acting like a hero… you’re crazy

After the third yawn
It’s obviously time for a nap
I make this peaceful and boring world my bed
and say “Good-night”

It ain’t my problem
Do what you want
I’m busy, can’t you see?

To make love with a hot female, and indulge in luxuries once in a while
When you let it out, it feels so good

After the fourth yawn
I guess I’ll follow those shitty guys
Got no choice huh? Fine, I’ll fight
You really cause me a lot of trouble!

Even if my breathing stops
I’ll live by my own rules
I spit on this peaceful and boring world
and say “Perfect”

Not only is it a chill tune, but man the lyrics are perfectly Iggy.

jgminto

I wonder if the Part 5 re-translation is going to be finished by the end of this year. It was so slow until the new group took over.

Squishy3

I wonder if the Part 5 re-translation is going to be finished by the end of this year. It was so slow until the new group took over.
Well, the group originally doing the translations stopped, then another group picked it up, and then someone else started cooperating with the other group.

But soon good translated versions of all parts will exist.

Tizoc

So reading the new Part 5 scanlations
Polpo's death and the gang getting his hidden stash all took place on the same day o_O

Somax

Everyone X Everyone.
Part 5 is Yaoi heaven.

So... we're getting close to the end of Stardust Crusaders, finally.
I'm going to start counting the days until a part 4 announcement with my heart full of hope.
(also I hope they keep the diamond is not crash name)

Reading this thread made me curious about the english version of Jojo you all seem to have read, was it so horrible?
I'm spoiled by the decades old italian official release, since part 5 wasn't really obscure for us... only some problems with King Crimson, but it's more a case of Araki pulling powers out of thin air as usual than butchered dialogue.

I'm spoiled by the decades old italian official release, since part 5 wasn't really obscure for us... only some problems with King Crimson, but it's more a case of Araki pulling powers out of thin air as usual than butchered dialogue.

How did the Italian translation handle VOLA VOLA VOLA VOLARE VIA and ARI ARI ARI ARRIVEDERCI?

KarasuEXE

I'm going to start counting the days until a part 4 announcement with my heart full of hope.
(also I hope they keep the diamond is not crash name)

But in japanese they call part 4 "ダイヤモンドは砕けない" (Daiyamondo wa Kudakenai).

Hatty

I honestly thought Narancia was a girl and that he should date Fugo, So I accidentally had a Yaoi pairing
please forgive me

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Don't forget this gem:

gpogU43.jpg

It fucking pissed me off today at work when the new movie was released because a ton of people hate Spongebob thanks to the newer episodes I guess...one person at my work I'm like positive hates it because they're a believer in the whole "Spongebob is gay propaganda" deal, but the early episodes were legitimately well written and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom