• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable |OT| It's Always Sunny in Morioh-cho

I second this.

tumblr_n1ho0wD9Yf1spvlkto1_500.png

BvRPpiVIYAAU0RU.jpg:large

tumblr_n03o5aRyPd1qai34no1_500.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Do you think selling part 4 to anime watchers as "Always Sunny with Stands" sets too high a bar?
I like the idea of selling it as Persona 4: The Anime before The Anime (And the game)

Because that's essentially what it is, through and through.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys should refer to it by its canonical title, Diamond is Not Crash.

tumblr_ndscozU7sU1qfffpyo4_500.png

I will never tire of seeing two of my favourite things brought together in such a hilarious way.

HLgnT48.png

I Am an Alien is so fantastic because I feel like it's the quite possibly the best "out of context" JoJo's arc, that even people who have seen parts 1-3 would be baffled by a description of it.

Okay, so the ghost father of a serial killer is flying around in a Polaroid carrying a magical bow and arrow when he comes across a guy with a nose chain and elf ears and shoots the arrow at him to give him superpowers.

So anyway Joseph Joestar's Japanese love child and his friend are creeped out that the alien made ice cream out of his hands, but they they discover that he starts to melt when hears sirens.

So now Josuke is taking his shapeshifted dice to the mangaka's house to hustle him out of cash.

The sirens turn out to be from fire trucks, because they accidentally set Rohan's house on fire. Josuke heals the finger that Rohan cut off himself and runs away with the money, and faces no consequences.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The important thing is that Part 4 has the best character in the whole series: The Invisible Baby.

It pisses me off we never actually got to see Shizuka Joestar all grown up...

Imagine her popping up in Part 6, infiltrating the prison to help out Jolene.

Lunar15

Part 4 is great because it's just Araki having a lot of fun but also running out ideas and just kind of pasting a lot of random things together.

"Man, what if there was like... a baby, yeah, and... it was... invisible! Yeah, invisible!"

Part 4 is also when the dialogue started to sound like stuff actual humans would say rather than over-the-top, melodramatic proclamations which to be fair is entirely in line with the spirit of Bram Stoker's Dracula because holy shit was there a lot of over-the-top melodramatic proclamations in Dracula. Also High-Way Star was amazing.

Part 4 is great because it's just Araki having a lot of fun but also running out ideas and just kind of pasting a lot of random things together.

"Man, what if there was like... a baby, yeah, and... it was... invisible! Yeah, invisible!"

I thought that was part 5

So I just plowed through the second half of Stone Ocean, was having a great time with the buckets of crazy the last few arcs throw onto the page, and then they started explaining Made In Heaven and its aftereffects and I think I can feel my brain leaking out of my nose

edit: The more I think about it the more parallels to part 3 I'm seeing beyond what I noticed going through. Like, I can see how Dio's sons' abilities point towards the ultimate capacity of Made in Heaven, but the way it's explained on the page still makes my head go sideways a bit.

So, what stands could probably actually defeat Ultimate Kars assuming the best case scenario for those stand owners?

Cream? Purple Haze? Killer Queen? D4C?

Riposte

So, what stands could probably actually defeat Ultimate Kars assuming the best case scenario for those stand owners?

If you only mean defeat, Heaven's Door.

Why do people say Magenta from Part 7 is a Kars counterpart? He's obviously Vanilla Ice.

Siegcram

There are a lot that can stalemate him, but Ultimate Kars is pretty much unkillable and invulnerable, so you'd need complete erasure, which leaves Cream and the Hand. D4C if that works and alternate ultimate lifeforms exist.

Ezalc

There are a lot that can stalemate him, but Ultimate Kars is pretty much unkillable and invulnerable, so you'd need complete erasure, which leaves Cream and the Hand. D4C if that works and alternate ultimate lifeforms exist.

Pretty much this I'd say. Though both stands would have to be sure and get every part of him otherwise he'd just regenerate from whatever is left over no?

Killer Queen wouldn't do anything to Ultimate Kars. Dude survived going into a volcano.

Don't think Purple Haze would either, I feel like he'd be able to overcome the virus.

D4C might be able to do it as well. There's no way Dio could beat him though, that's for sure.

That Tree one from SBR, Sugar Mountain I think it's called? Might be able to trap him in the tree.

Why do people say Magenta from Part 7 is a Kars counterpart? He's obviously Vanilla Ice.

Because of how he was defeated (bottom of a river, still alive, waiting) I guess but Anubis actually was defeated the same way.

I agree that his powers are closer to Vanilla Ice though.

Siegcram

That Tree one from SBR, Sugar Mountain I think it's called? Might be able to trap him in the tree.
Since he's the culmination of all life, I doubt stuff like that or Super Fly would work, since he could just adapt. Same for anything biological like Purple Haze, Green Baby or Grateful Dead.

Honestly depends on where they are fighting. Ultimate Kars isn't as ultimate as many people believe. Hamon users would get destroyed though, obviously.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Can Coco Jumbo forcibly lock people up in the Mr. President room?

Cream. Unless he finds a way to get out of an alternate dimension then he is defeated.
The Hand. The same.
D4C. He may be immortal but he can't survive being disintegrated into nothingness
although this would probably start Jorge Joestar
Gold Experience Requiem. lol
Tusk Act 4. This wouldn't be permanent, only as long as Johnny is alive I guess.
Heaven's Door. Also not permanent.

Purple Haze would not work. If Giorno can make an antidote Kars, with the DNA of all life in him could too.

Siegcram

"I gave that motorcycle life and turned it into my hand to trick you."

Oh Giorno, you crazy.
sometimes. not often enough.

Riposte

Because of how he was defeated (bottom of a river, still alive, waiting) I guess but Anubis actually was defeated the same way.

I agree that his powers are closer to Vanilla Ice though.

Not only that, he feels he has a special bond with Dio. Ice is probably the other person who loves Dio more than Pucci.

You guys think Diego could turn Kars into a Dinosaur?

or fossilize him?

...Scary Monsters is so cool. It's like a stand I would want when I was a kid

Ezalc

You guys think Diego could turn Kars into a Dinosaur?

or fossilize him?

...Scary Monsters is so cool. It's like a stand I would want when I was a kid

Kars can turn into a dinosaur without Diego's help. He can also turn into a rock. So yeah that's kind of pointless.

What about the Darbys' soul collecting stands? Sure it would be stupid if Kars actually had a reason to play them, but if his soul gets sucked out... isn't that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom