• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What about the Darbys' soul collecting stands? Sure it would be stupid if Kars actually had a reason to play them, but if his soul gets sucked out... isn't that it?

Interesting question, but the problem is a victim of D'arby must admit true defeat within their own mind. I bet Kars could never see himself as being defeated, therefore would be totally immune to either D'arby's Stand.

Ezalc

Interesting question, but the problem is a victim of D'arby must admit true defeat within their own mind. I bet Kars could never see himself as being defeated, therefore would be totally immune to either D'arby's Stand.

I don't see this being true, but the problem here is getting Kars to play the game and not kill one of the D'Arby bros when he's about to lose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The question is - does Kars have a soul?

Also there's a matter of perception. Kars could kill D'Arby as long as he doesn't notice it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dub to premiere at this year's Anime Expo. Ben Diskin cast as Joseph Joestar.

Interesting choice for Joseph. I guess we'll know in less than a month how this dub will pan out.
Yeah, mentioned this on the previous page, but everyone continued their talk about Kars.

At the very least, Ben Diskin has a decent range. He was Numbah One & Two in Kids Next Door, Takarada in Kill la Kill, Death Gun in SAO2, and Sai in Naruto Shippuden.

Plus he's been joking around on Twitter with Joseph's catchphrase with an account based on another character he's done.

Kai Dracon

I don't see this being true, but the problem here is getting Kars to play the game and not kill one of the D'Arby bros when he's about to lose.

If Kars would be capable of feeling defeated, the act of attacking the D'Arbys might be an admission of defeat in and of itself. Then yes, their Stands might be able to grab him.

Come to think of it, IIRC the D'Arby brothers warned the companions of their opponent not to kill the brother, but didn't bother warning the opponent themselves. That might suggest that once you're engaged in a game, trying to get out of it in any way without winning is an admission of defeat. Also, the first D'Arby casually mentioned to Polnareff the stakes were a human soul. But I don't know if there's any requirement for them to declare the stakes or if they can trick someone into playing a game without knowing there are consequences for losing.

Squishy3

So if the jojo dub was put on toonami it would be the uncensored one right?
Yeah, it'd be uncensored. American TV doesn't give a shit about violence, just can't show any nipples.

Just look at Hannibal as an example. The violence in that show is way more grotesque than anything ever depicted in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I alluded to this in the anime thread (didn't mention the name due to spoilers), but Hol Horse's Jojonium cover reminds me of a palette swap for Gyro without his beard patches.

o9B6A4S.jpg

I love part 7 can't wait for it to be animated.

Not looking forward to the inevitable Lucy Steel debates though. Stephen is redeemed eventually but I'm afraid poor old Mountain Tim might not gain most people's sympathies.

Siegcram

It's not really clear how powerful Kira's bombs are, since they're not traditional explosives, but disintegrate someone completely. So it might work, especially with Another one bites the dust.

Squishy3

It's not really clear how powerful Kira's bombs are, since they're not traditional explosives, but disintegrate someone completely. So it might work, especially with Another one bites the dust.
This is also where we kind of enter really dumb theoryfighting stuff sorta.

Since obviously it's never explained how Kira's bombs work, Killer Queen might determine the bomb's explosion strength depending on how powerful the person is. Obviously doesn't take much to blow a human to bits. Killer Queen could probably blow Cars to bits (Think what Joseph did to Straits with the grenades) but they also have the ability to pull themselves back together.

Sure Kars could regenerate from being blown to bits, but Killer Queen seems to disintegrate completely not just blow them apart. I kinda doubt even he can come back from that. The only issue is not knowing if Killer Queen's explosions would do that to Kars or if lol pillar men/ultimate life form biology saves him somehow.

Siegcram

I mean, of course that's all theoretical.

For all we know Killer Queen kicks Kira's ass to the curb like in Jorge.

But there seems to be a difference between KQ's bombs and something like Cheap Trick damage-wise. It is a step below total dimensional removal through Cream and Hand though.

Kai Dracon

Killer Queen's bombs don't cause instant eradication like the dimensional cutting powers. I wouldn't want to go up against Kars unless I had a power that could instantly remove him from the universe before he had more than a quarter of a second to see it coming.

Riposte

KQ seems to turn you into an explosion rather than make you explode. The former seems way more permanent for anyone who has some absurd healing factor.

If Crazy Diamond was able to heal Hayato back to perfect health before he was completely disintegrated by Killer Queen's contact bomb, I'm fairly certain that Kars' regeneration would let him survive it too. Them again, CD used time-reversing shenanigans rather than actual healing so who knows.

Sounds about right.

Anyways, I know that lol anime time but still, even with time stops it feels like so much bullshit that the entire DIO battle took less than 10 minutes

DIO powering up and Joseph's spirit telling Jotaro to calm down seems like a safe bet to end next episode. There are only two left and after Super DIO the fight doesn't last much longer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I stumbled upon this. Some art/design document for the Capcom Jojo fighter. Seems there were plans to include the Pillar Men at some point?

tumblr_n4w4xje3fo1szh2cmo1_1280.jpg

Source
Weird, I guess they wanted to make it similar to All-Star Battle & include characters from all the parts at the time or something (I also see Stroheim which would've been great)? That would explain why Young Joseph from Part 2 was a secret character & the only character from said part.

Also what's that Kakyoin between Whamu & Stroheim?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those are Capcom Secret Files, they usually have them for arcade release and contain stuff like development shenanigans, stuff they planned to add before getting cut, etc., with their last being Tatsunoko vs Capcom

why is there many splatoon jojo stuff

b7d.jpg

Squishy3

I want part 4 animated more than ever after seeing everyone's reaction to Jotato inexplicably flying
I hope we just get a quick shot of Josuke turning to the camera and saying "What the fuck did you say about my hair?"

Literally all that we need. Maybe have an image of Jotaro in the reflection of his eyes.

People are overall going to like the OVA fight better, probably because of the added scenes like the transit car, the building throw, and the boat

Squishy3

People are overall going to like the OVA fight better, probably because of the added scenes like the transit car, the building throw, and the boat
The building throw is ridiculous, all superhuman feats should be exclusive to Dio. I like that the only ludicrous thing else-wise in the fight is Dio and Jotaro's inexplicable ability to fly. Everything else Dio does (like the road roller, gas tanker in the OVA, and the boat in the OVA) are all things Dio would be able to do normally anyway.

Can't watch the episode again right now, but there was a Part IV easter egg today? I missed it.
It's another shot of the bow and arrow.

So what would the best post-credits teaser for Part 4 be.

-Josuke walking in Morioh (you don't see his face), someone makes a hair comment and cut to black as we hear WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT HAIR~ and a healthy DORARARARARARA

-Dolphin Jotaro arriving in Morioh

-Little Josuke recovering in the hospital as a doctor says that he's never seen an illness like this before, we see the Joestar birthmark and cut to black

-Joseph and family organizing his inheritance, they get to "Josuke Higashikata

-Josuke walking in Morioh (you don't see his face), someone makes a hair comment and cut to black as we hear WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT HAIR~ and a healthy DORARARARARARA

-Little Josuke recovering in the hospital as a doctor says that he's never seen an illness like this before, we see the Joestar birthmark and cut to black

1 would be the best, minus the DORARARARARA because that's a bit too much. 2 is the most likely.

Speaking of the last one, I've never quite understood how Josuke's name even ended up with Joseph's will and the like, because all of the translations say that he didn't recognize it or didn't know Josuke existed for years. Hopefully David will add something explaining that.

KarasuEXE

I think the last one is going to happen. It reminds me of the ending of Part 2, where they added that extra scenes about the future of the characters that weren't shown in the manga.

I'm also hoping we get a shot of Jotaro or SPW folks finding Dio's journal.

Ooooh, that would be amazing.

Speaking of the last one, I've never quite understood how Josuke's name even ended up with Joseph's will and the like, because all of the translations say that he didn't recognize it or didn't know Josuke existed for years. Hopefully David will add something explaining that.

Wasn't it because of Hermit Purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom