• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like that Dio took the time to redo his makeup.

JayEH

So what would the best post-credits teaser for Part 4 be.

-Josuke walking in Morioh (you don't see his face), someone makes a hair comment and cut to black as we hear WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT HAIR~ and a healthy DORARARARARARA

-Dolphin Jotaro arriving in Morioh

-Little Josuke recovering in the hospital as a doctor says that he's never seen an illness like this before, we see the Joestar birthmark and cut to black

-Joseph and family organizing his inheritance, they get to "Josuke Higashikata

I've always been in favor of the second one. Just add Koichi and it's perfect in my eyes.

Nairume

Banned

-Josuke walking in Morioh (you don't see his face), someone makes a hair comment and cut to black as we hear WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT HAIR~ and a healthy DORARARARARARA

-Little Josuke recovering in the hospital as a doctor says that he's never seen an illness like this before, we see the Joestar birthmark and cut to black

If we also get a villain tease, we could also get

Keicho appearing in Angelo's prison cell

Riposte

The direction of the OVA is so much better, nevermind the animation. I'm not really surprised though.

The new series is too literal of an adaptation.

Pappasman

It'll probably be the second one.

I'd like the tease to be from Koichi's perspective. Start like the manga with Koichi giving a brief intro to the town. Then he walks into someone and falls down. Pan up to reveal Jotaro. "Do you know Josuke Higashikata?"

Cut to black.

fertygo

I'm happy enough with two version with two polar opposite direction

I just hope they put Jotaro finisher to DIO real justice because OVA fucked up that one real bad, and missing all the context.

Riposte

Just for the record, changes to the plot have nothing to do with that I said. I'm talking about scene composition, including stuff like how music is used. For the purpose of the actual Dio battle, almost nothing but minor details are changed (and usually for the better).

Hatty

The overall tone was changed. Sure it had stands and the same characters doing roughly the same things as the the manga but the art style, the voice acting, and the music made it feel completely different than what I envisioned JoJo to be

remz

The overall tone was changed. Sure it had stands and the same characters doing roughly the same things as the the manga but the art style, the voice acting, and the music made it feel completely different than what I envisioned JoJo to be

Jojo's has always had a significant horror side. I feel Jotaro Vs. Dio conveyed that really well, moreso than this current version.

Tizoc

Here's how the Part 4 teaser could happen-
A young man gets dressed and is about to go out the door for school.
His mother tells him goodbye and calls him JoJo, Josuke turns around and then 'To be continued'.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Kira saying "WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DUWANG"

Fully animated Killer Queen will be the best
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, now I'm reminded I can't wait to see stuff like Sheer Heart Attack & Bites the Dust animated as well.

Part 4 is going to be glorious.

David Pro will need literally an infinite amount of money to pull off Steel Ball Run's climax

Anyway I finally got around to reading JoJolion. I'm 14 chapters in and things seem real interesting. There's an actual air of mystery going on, and the relationship between Jo2suke and Yasuho is just adorable. Jo2suke is a really out there protagonist (that shaving scene) and Araki seems to have gone back to his comedy roots. Soft and Wet is a cool stand, but sometimes I have to go back a page to see what the hell it did. Jury's still out on the Higashikata family. I like how eccentric they are even if Joshuu is a butt monkey. That Daiya fight was weird as hell. Not sure if I like her character and her stand design is not good.

Squishy3

David Pro will need literally an infinite amount of money to pull off Steel Ball Run's climax

Anyway I finally got around to reading JoJolion. I'm 14 chapters in and things seem real interesting. There's an actual air of mystery going on, and the relationship between Jo2suke and Yasuho is just adorable. Jo2suke is a really out there protagonist (that shaving scene) and Araki seems to have gone back to his comedy roots. Soft and Wet is a cool stand, but sometimes I have to go back a page to see what the hell it did. Jury's still out on the Higashikata family. I like how eccentric they are even if Joshuu is a butt monkey. That Daiya fight was weird as hell. Not sure if I like her character and her stand design is not good.
you're going to be wtfing super hard at jojolion then

hope you're ready for suspicious leaves

Siegcram

I was too when I first read it. If I remember correctly, in the last loop, Kira had to retrieve ABTD from Hayato before the exact time when Rohan dies, altering the events. Or something.
Pretty much. Kira had to recall Bites the dust from Hayato in order to fight Josuke, thus cancelling the time loop and everything that happens in it, including Rohan's death.

jgminto

Pretty much. Kira had to recall Bites the dust from Hayato in order to fight Josuke, thus cancelling the time loop and everything that happens in it, including Rohan's death.

Specifically because he called it back before the BtD attacks reoccurred. He was going to call it back after he had seen that all of them were killed and that wouldn't have reverted the effect.

Squishy3

I still don't get how Bites the dust works
Anyone he puts it on, if they reveal his identity to them, it kills them. However, until Kira finds out who was told of his identity (and they're all erased), it loops time endlessly. He can't use any other bombs while Bites the Dust is being used, as Killer Queen remains with whoever he used it on.

And anyone who was killed by Bites the Dust in any time loop will always be killed by it in subsequent time loops, even if they don't talk to Hayato.

Killer Queen is Araki's favorite stand to draw for a reason.

Not worried about whether or not part 4 gets an adaptation, considering it's his favorite part.

cntr

Banned
Oi, I won't be posting much until I'm completely caught up, but I finished Diamond is Unbreakable/Not Crash.

Fucking amazing.

I loved how Kira was basically just a mundane serial killer, how slice of life it was, how we never find out what's up with Josuke's hair, how pretty much every villain in the first half becomes a good guy, and so on. Also, the translation I read intentionally kept the "duwang" and "boner" lines in.

On to Vento Aureo! I've heard it's the worst one, but on the other hand, we didn't get a non-shit translation until recently, so I dunno!

jgminto

Oi, I won't be posting much until I'm completely caught up, but I finished Diamond is Unbreakable/Not Crash.

Fucking amazing.

I loved how Kira was basically just a mundane serial killer, how slice of life it was, how we never find out what's up with Josuke's hair, how pretty much every villain in the first half becomes a good guy, and so on. Also, the translation I read intentionally kept the "duwang" and "boner" lines in.

On to Vento Aureo! I've heard it's the worst one, but on the other hand, we didn't get a non-shit translation until recently, so I dunno!
The new Vento Aureo translation still isn't close to finishing but it is moving faster now so it wouldn't be horrible to read along with it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ms. Frizzle and her Stand, [Wheels on the Bus].

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
cntrational said:
how we never find out what's up with Josuke's hair

The popular theory is that Araki probably planned some time-loop shenanigans where it was actually Josuke himself who inspired his own hairstyle, but forgot about that I guess.

Actually, there's something kind of related to that in Golden Wind...
Giorno is inspired to become a gangster by a mysterious person who we never learn the identity of, so it seems Araki just likes that plot element.

Oh yeah here's a challenge, is it possible to mix Jojo and Magic School Bus?

Cars-los.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom