• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtofan

The popular theory is that Araki probably planned some time-loop shenanigans where it was actually Josuke himself who inspired his own hairstyle, but forgot about that I guess..

That's a fan theory that doesn't have any ground to stand on. It always was some good samaritan that inspired Josuke.

Their uniforms are different for fuck's sake.

The Giorno gangster thing too is kinda ambigious because he was a small child and memories fade and you forget their faces but not the deeds you did I guess.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I always thought Araki might've intended the gangster to be Diavolo (but early on before he really planned out the character fully) and it was meant to be one of those "made your own worse enemy deal".

I hope the finale this week is like an hour/48 minute special. They've got a lot to cover. Joesephs ghost speech, the bridge fight, Rodo rolla da, the ambulance scene, Jotaros recreation of that Kansas song, and the farewell AND the ED and the part 4 tease.

I hope the finale this week is like an hour/48 minute special. They've got a lot to cover. Joesephs ghost speech, the bridge fight, Rodo rolla da, the ambulance scene, Jotaros recreation of that Kansas song, and the farewell AND the ED and the part 4 tease.

Eh, what's left of the battle is not too long though, and I'm pretty sure they're skipping the opening.

Yeah isn't it just like ORAORAMUDAMUDA->ZA WARUDO->Jotaro gets sent flying to the bridge->ZA WARUDO RODO ROLA DA->Jotaro hax power up->blood in the eyes->JOTARO PUNCH->DIO explodes

Yeah isn't it just like ORAORAMUDAMUDA->ZA WARUDO->Jotaro gets sent flying to the bridge->ZA WARUDO RODO ROLA DA->Jotaro hax power up->blood in the eyes->JOTARO PUNCH->DIO explodes

oraoramudamuda>za warudo>Jotaro destroys DIO's fist>DIO heals>Celebrates 9 second time stop>Time Begins again>Breaks a bunch of Jotaro's bones>sent flying>final ZA WARUDO>Road roller>celebration>time stop>leg break>"draw pilgrim">Blood in eye> final punch>WRRRY BOOM

When is "The only reason you lost is because you pissed me off?"

After DIO's head explodes. The shin DIO fight's abruptness is forgiven when you realize you're marathoning the manga, or in this case condensing it to an episode. When you consider what it would've been like for DIO to drop a steamroller on Jotaro and to end the chapter there it makes more sense.

Sure you could add filler like the OVA did but honestly what's the point? The extra fight stuff in the OVA was basically fluff, reducing a game of wits to DIO and Jotaro literally throwing things at each other.

Sure you could add filler like the OVA did but honestly what's the point? The extra fight stuff in the OVA was basically fluff, reducing a game of wits to DIO and Jotaro literally throwing things at each other.

First actual real negative I've seen towards the OVA that stands true. Ayy.

fertygo

The climax is so good because how compact it was, Jotaro kill DIO because he manage to find one moment that he need is fucking awesome.. not slowalking through fire nonsense in OVA

Akiller

arapa5.gif

I just finished reading part 6, I understood what happened, but
why did Dio wanted "happiness for mankind, and why didn't he mutate The World into Stairway to Heaven in part 3? Also why is Emporio able to use two stands, and shouldn't the Weather Report stand disc not exist since another Weather Report already exists when the universe starts over? Also what was Giorno's role in all this, considering he also could feel Pucci's presence, and his stand could definitely defeat Pucci?Also will all this universe shenanigans be expanded and better explained in later parts?

JayEH

You're trying to make me faint.

I just finished reading part 6, I understood what happened, but
why did Dio wanted "happiness for mankind, and why didn't he mutate The World into Stairway to Heaven in part 3? Also why is Emporio able to use two stands, and shouldn't the Weather Report stand disc not exist since another Weather Report already exists when the universe starts over? Also what was Giorno's role in all this, considering he also could feel Pucci's presence, and his stand could definitely defeat Pucci?Also will all this universe shenanigans be expanded and better explained in later parts?

For the last part of your questions: yes, for the other parts: It's araki lol.

Let me give this a shot

why did Dio wanted "happiness for mankind", and why didn't he mutate The World into Stairway to Heaven in part 3?

He didn't really, he wanted to reshape the world the way he wanted it and create a heaven for himself. In his mind, people would like that because he had no other choice

As for the second part, the real answer is that there's no way Araki planned out part 6's ending all the way back at part 3. But if you wanted to justify you could realize that DIO only found out about the World's time stop at the beginning of part 3. He then had to plan it all out and even then get his affairs in order, since he hadn't synced up with Jonathan's body and the Joestar's were coming. Once he dealt with them, he could move on to his plan.

Also why is Emporio able to use two stands, and shouldn't the Weather Report stand disc not exist since another Weather Report already exists when the universe starts over?

I guess the stand disk overrides the only one stand per user rule. It is a unique circumstance. Weather Report's disk exists because it's still from the first universe. Granted I haven't read part 6 in a long time.

Also what was Giorno's role in all this, considering he also could feel Pucci's presence, and his stand could definitely defeat Pucci?Also will all this universe shenanigans be expanded and better explained in later parts?[/SPOILER]

It was a wasted opportunity to not have Giorno there but them's the breaks. The most Araki has said is that Giorno "may" have been in Florida.

Let me give this a shot

He didn't really, he wanted to reshape the world the way he wanted it and create a heaven for himself. In his mind, people would like that because he had no other choice

As for the second part, the real answer is that there's no way Araki planned out part 6's ending all the way back at part 3. But if you wanted to justify you could realize that DIO only found out about the World's time stop at the beginning of part 3. He then had to plan it all out and even then get his affairs in order, since he hadn't synced up with Jonathan's body and the Joestar's were coming. Once he dealt with them, he could move on to his plan.

I guess the stand disk overrides the only one stand per user rule. It is a unique circumstance. Weather Report's disk exists because it's still from the first universe. Granted I haven't read part 6 in a long time.

It was a wasted opportunity to not have Giorno there but them's the breaks. The most Araki has said is that Giorno "may" have been in Florida.

Yeah the more I think about the less sense it makes. It seems Araki is the kind of mangaka that does what he likes, without thinking too much over it. Sometimes is cool, especially in hyped fights, sometimes is not. He even retconned
Whitesnake's ability basically in mid-chapter, which is to loop someone into an endless dream while being digested
, so I just take for what it is.
In any case I respect him cause in a couple of chapters he just thrashed years of work and fan-favorite characters to start anew, something that you don't see very often, actually quite the opposite ( See: Toriyama).

Astral

You guys think that heart thing on Josuke's back in this cover would make a cool tattoo?

latest

Araki always makes some cool random designs that I thought would make pretty good tattoos, like Jolyne's butterfly.

that paper moon deception chapter in Jojolion with yasuho was...disturbing

Yeah the more I think about the less sense it makes. It seems Araki is the kind of mangaka that does what he likes, without thinking too much over it. Sometimes is cool, especially in hyped fights, sometimes is not. He even retconned
Whitesnake's ability basically in mid-chapter, which is to loop someone into an endless dream while being digested
, so I just take for what it is.
In any case I respect him cause in a couple of chapters he just thrashed years of work and fan-favorite characters to start anew, something that you don't see very often, actually quite the opposite ( See: Toriyama).

I figure that Jojo is a series made with a ton of imagination but not a ton of foresight. Araki most likely has the beginning and ending roughly, but he's prone to changing his mind, like a writer who had an idea that sounded really cool in their head but didn't work the way they wanted in the story. It doesn't help that Jojo arcs, unlike other series, are practically separate manga by themselves. That makes going back kind of hard because you didn't plan for anything. Part 6 relying on part 3 is especially difficult, since Araki had changed so much from stardust crusaders.

I think as a whole Jojo still manages to tell a compelling story with memorable characters with some good character development and great fights, so even if he stumbles the ending sometimes I accept it.

As for the whitesnake thing I think the concept of discs was always the main ability, but the digestive mist was a weird secondary power that just wasn't used again.

Just finished SBR. I liked it! But man what a body count.

Lots of great stuff in it but my favorite thing is probably how, at the start, they pretty much say Pocoloco is going to win. And then he totally wins. (technically)

D-Man

New scans for Eyes of Heaven are out and about and it confirms two Part 3 characters. Veteran is Avdol, Newcomer is Mariah.

Mariah got me by surprise. Didn't really think she would be in this.

Oh wow.

Spoilers coming out for this month's JoJolion, and it sounds like we're finally getting Gappy's real name and possibly even a photo of him pre-merging.

Josefumi (Joseph?) Kujo, and he had the birthmark

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow.

Spoilers coming out for this month's JoJolion, and it sounds like we're finally getting Gappy's real name and possibly even a photo of him pre-merging.

Josefumi (Joseph?) Kujo, and he had the birthmark

I wonder if
Josefumi is the real SBR version of Josuke, and is SBR Joseph's illegitimate son with someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom