• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Jojolion 21 spoilers and that feel when Johnny
went the way of Jonathan and died saving his wife.

Not too fond of the direction the plot might be headed but we'll see how it goes.

Looking at Jojolion 21 spoilers and that feel when Johnny
went the way of Jonathan and died saving his wife.

Not too fond of the direction the plot might be headed but we'll see how it goes.

so when we get a history lesson we'll find out his son/grandson died young too. First generation joestar curse, etc.

GOD DAMN IT ARAKI
why can none of the Jonathans even die with their heads in one piece?! No Jonathan Joester ever is going to live a happy life is he?

so when we get a history lesson we'll find out his son/grandson died young too. First generation joestar curse, etc.

Heh, to quote myself from a convo with a friend

let me guess, Jorge/George died in an actual plane crash this time, Joseph got to be old and instead of cheating with a Higashikata he cheated with whoever is the mother of this universe's Jotaro that's the father of Irene from the part 6 ending

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jolyne had a happy ending.
Troll_Face.png

GOD DAMN IT ARAKI
why can none of the Jonathans even die with their heads in one piece?! No Jonathan Joester ever is going to live a happy life is he?

Heh, to quote myself from a convo with a friend

ahaha

I'm more concerned as to what unearthing the corpse again by Johnny. The spoilers mention a "curse" happened. The curse referenced in chapter 1 of Jojolion I bet. I like Joshuu's stand design

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I compared Jojo to Star Trek in that it follows a single continuity/universe but has different "generations" related to a single name (Federation).

...I want Jojo Trek.

Favorite Stands: Killer Queen, The World, Whitesnake/D4C
Favorite Protagonists: Johnny Joestar, Jou2ke, Joseph Joestar
Favorite Antagonists: Yoshikage Kira, Diego Brando, Whamu
Favorite Sidekick: Will A. Zeppeli, Costello
Favourite Side-Villain : Hol Horse, Yoshiteru Kira

I... just finished SBR. Amazing.

I'm almost afraid to read Jojolion. All this time of having literally tens of volumes to read... and soon I'll have to wait an entire month for just one chapter?! Oh, the humanity...! :(

Card Boy

Banned
I have almost finished part 4 and i got to say this is my favorite Jojo part yet, keeping in mind i haven't read parts 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Why doesn't Crazy Diamond heal old man Joesphs missing arm or why doesn't Peal Jam make Joesph fit again?

I have almost finished part 4 and i got to say this is my favorite Jojo part yet, keeping in mind i haven't read parts 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Why doesn't Crazy Diamond heal old man Joesphs missing arm or why doesn't Peal Jam make Joesph fit again?

I don't think Pearl Jam's ability is rejuvenating, it just eliminates any diseases or "defects" from the target's body

Card Boy

Banned
Did you guys just bite the bullet and read the poorly translated Part 4? Everything up to 398 was perfect but 399 to 439 looks like it was translated by a chimp.

Tizoc

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG FOR THAT NEW JOJO ALL-STARS TRAILER TO BE RELEASED!

BTW new Famitsu is tomorrow right?

Reknoc

Did you guys just bite the bullet and read the poorly translated Part 4? Everything up to 398 was perfect but 399 to 439 looks like it was translated by a chimp.

I read all of the DUWANG stuff. There wasn't even an option back then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Well yeah. When I read it, there simple was no choice.

Tizoc

New characters got confirmed in Jump:
Bruno
Narancia
Diavolo

That leaves us with possible candidates being:
Part 1: Vampire Dio, 1 extra villain
Part 2: Lisa Lisa, Stroheim
Part 3: Iggy, Old Josef, Vanilla Ice, 1 extra villain
Part 4: Yukiko, NuFace Kira
Part 5: Trish, Ghaccio, Nero, Cicollata
Part 6: Anasui, FF, Weather Report, Enrico Pucci, 1 extra villain
Part 7: Valentine, Diego, Soundman, Wekapipo
Also Nijimura from Part 8 pls~

If that character reveal turns out to be true then it basically means the rumored list that's been going around is correct, since this would make nine characters it would have gotten right so far.

Erigu

If that character reveal turns out to be true then it basically means the rumored list that's been going around is correct, since this would make nine characters it would have gotten right so far.
I don't know about that. Those are all major characters, after all.

Erigu

Maybe, but it has gotten Esidisi, Rohan, and Akira, none of whom I would have considered particularly guessable.
Well, Otoishi was the main villain of Part 4, before Kira showed up... And I'd say Esidisi and Rohan definitely were major characters in their respective parts as well.
So far, I'm more surprised by the size of the roster than by the selection. Main good guys and main villains. I guess there would be Hol Horse, but hey, he still was a recurring character!

Please tell me Bruno is still Takahiro Sakurai D:

So far, I'm more surprised by the size of the roster than by the selection.

Seriously, when they announced the game, the most I expected was Main characters + main villains + #1 side character, yet look at the roster now.

Erigu

Seriously, when they announced the game, the most I expected was Main characters + main villains + #1 side character, yet look at the roster now.
Well, they did say that there would be more characters than we'd expect... But I was keeping my expectations in check, even after hearing that. ^^;

Tizoc

At the tome i never knew just how reqlly bad the duwang scans were. I just saw it as typical lq translations lol.
For that matter when is the newest famitsu releasing?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh?

According to wiki DC has super story mode too
It doesn't. Super Story Mode was only in the PlayStation version, and was pretty much a complete adaptation of part 3 with non-fighting encounters replaced by minigames (some were pretty cool, some QTE-fests).
The HD port for PSN/XBLA was based on the DC version, so no Super Story Mode there either :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It doesn't. Super Story Mode was only in the PlayStation version, and was pretty much a complete adaptation of part 3 with non-fighting encounters replaced by minigames (some were pretty cool, some QTE-fests).
The HD port for PSN/XBLA was based on the DC version, so no Super Story Mode there either :(

Ahh I see, I was wondering what the hubbub was this Super Story Mode.

Tizoc

Super Story Mode was an adaptation of the manga, it had voice overs in the JPN PSX ver. IIRC.

...at first I didn't get it, then I remember it was a marine biologist speaking with plankton lol.

Oh man 7 days til the new trailer right? This time 7 days from now the trailer would already be on YT...
HOW DO YOU PEOPLE MANAGE TO BE SO PATIENT?!?!

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG FOR THAT NEW JOJO ALL-STARS TRAILER TO BE RELEASED!

BTW new Famitsu is tomorrow right?

There is going to be a new PV (Promo Video, or trailer) coming on the 9th. Could reveal more of the single player mode, characters and anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom