• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiming in, great chapter. That bathroom scene was hilarious.

So we have a name, Josefumi Kujo. Interested to see the abilities of the two twins at the end there.

I swear they better be called the Ying Yang Twins

Oh wow this chapter. The bathroom scene caught me off guard lol

So, given the photo and that Josuke's real name uses the same kanji for Jo as part 4 Josuke is it safe to assume that Jojolion Josuke is the mix of Yoshikage Kira and the SBR universe's equivalent of Josuke?

...I wonder if that were the case if Josefumi is then also an illegitimate child of SBR universe Joseph given that he seems to be a legit Joestar.

jgminto

Oh wow this chapter. The bathroom scene caught me off guard lol

So, given the photo and that Josuke's real name uses the same kanji for Jo as part 4 Josuke is it safe to assume that Jojolion Josuke is the mix of Yoshikage Kira and the SBR universe's equivalent of Josuke?

...I wonder if that were the case if Josefumi is then also an illegitimate child of SBR universe Joseph given that he seems to be a legit Joestar.

Remember that Jojolion Kira is also kinda the Jotaro of this universe.

Siegcram

Josefumi's original design looks awesome. The plot still doesn't look to go anywhere, but some of the Part 8 character and Stand designs are hnnnngg.

cntr

Banned
Remember that each part's name has some connection to the content of the part, excepting possibly Part 2. Phantom Blood is about, well, undead vampires, Stardust Crusaders to Stone Ocean each refer to the Jojo's Stand and some feature of the story, Steel Ball Run refers to a movie called Cannonball Run with a similar basic premise, plus the Steel Balls used by Gyro.

Part 8 is the first to have the name "Jojo" directly in it, combined with "evangelion". If taken literally, you can interpret it as "The Gospels of Jojo". So it makes sense that Part 8 combines so many things from the previous Jojo parts -- it's about the idea of being a "Jojo" itself.

Siegcram

Part 8 is the first to have the name "Jojo" directly in it, combined with "evangelion". If taken literally, you can interpret it as "The Gospels of Jojo". So it makes sense that Part 8 combines so many things from the previous Jojo parts -- it's about the idea of being a "Jojo" itself.
Given the theme of animated Stone Men, my mind went to the myth of Pygmalion when reading the name. That seems to be a popular theory online as well.

KarasuEXE

JoJolion #2 Author Notes said:
The "lion" in the title"Jojolion" means things like "blessed thing", "evangelistic", and "commemorative seal". It's a word from ancient Greek or something like that. By combining this word with "Jojo", I've meant for the title to signify the existence of the protagonist "Jousuke" in this world. It's also used in the name of the tragic king in a Greek myth called "Pigmalion" as well as the Japanese animation "Evangelion", but I'm not sure if it has to do with the same idea.
↑

JayEH

The monthly release doesn't help much. I'm sure jojolion will be a great story once it's complete but the release schedule has soured me a bit.

Semi-Jojo related-- Chris Squire, the bassist for Yes died yesterday. I think it was Ken Jennings who said that every election he casts a write-in vote for "the bass line from Roundabout".

cntr

Banned
okay wow

so in All-Star Battle, Josuke has a special ultimate move where he heals the opponent to full health, then beats them up.

if he uses it on Johnny... Johnny stands for a moment. Then Josuke beats him up and recripples him.

Squishy3

Hahaha, can't believe I never thought to do that.

Imagine if Crazy Diamond did it by reversing time instead lmao. The guy would show up again after Josuke beats the shit out of him and shoot him again.

okay wow

so in All-Star Battle, Josuke has a special ultimate move where he heals the opponent to full health, then beats them up.

if he uses it on Johnny... Johnny stands for a moment. Then Josuke beats him up and recripples him.
Wooooow, I never thought of that. Idk if thats a joke or the devs never made that connection when they set up Josukes super.
It seems Rohan also went to Tonio's.
Tonio is gonna be so confused

Squishy3

Are they not allowed to show characters lighting a cigarette? Also, is there an uncensored Jojo without the shadows?
In Japan they can't show underaged characters smoking. There is an uncensored version but it's not on Crunchyroll yet, if it ever will be available on Crunchyroll. The versions of Parts 1 and 2 on Crunchyroll are uncensored, but they got added long after the blurays had come out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I'm playing J-Stars Victory Vs. & two characters are making Jojo references. One brings up "Stands" & then another character replies "What are you saying? That I'm Crazy Diamond or something, huh?"

..........so how come Namco had to change it to Shining Diamond for All-Star Battle, but here, it's fine the way it is? Oh well, still cool to see Part 4 get reference considering the playable characters are Jonathan & Joseph.

JayEH

It's probably because it's a one off reference as opposed to having something named Crazy Diamond throughout the game.

Lunar15

So I'm playing J-Stars Victory Vs. & two characters are making Jojo references. One brings up "Stands" & then another character replies "What are you saying? That I'm Crazy Diamond or something, huh?"

..........so how come Namco had to change it to Shining Diamond for All-Star Battle, but here, it's fine the way it is? Oh well, still cool to see Part 4 get reference considering the playable characters are Jonathan & Joseph.

I'm still shocked that they went with those two over Jotaro, considering his popularity, but it kind of makes sense when you realize the game came out around the same time as the part 1 and 2 anime.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yep, that's probably the reason...

In fact, the game when it shows what series each character is from actually uses the "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation" logo specifically.

Also I wonder if Jotaro was deemed to look too similar to Momotaro, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, I think the reason was the anime was being shown at the time, which brought back Jonathan & Joseph into the spotlight. Plus it's nice to see Jojo in a crossover represented by someone NOT from Part 3 and let others have their moments.

Of course, there was Jotaro & Dio data found, though nowhere near finished. At the very least, Dio would've been cool for another villain (plus come on, his Super would've been dropping the ROAD ROLLER), and it would've pleased people wondering why nobody from Part 3 was in.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAH PET SHOP CONFIRMED FOR EYES OF HEAVEN.....oh, & Lisa Lisa as well.

Astral

The latest Jojolion confused me. If the guy with the pompadour is Jo2uke then why is he the one with the Joestar birthmark? I thought Yoshikage was the Joestar in this universe.

cntr

Banned
The latest Jojolion confused me. If the guy with the pompadour is Jo2uke then why is he the one with the Joestar birthmark? I thought Yoshikage was the Joestar in this universe.
He's also a Joestar. The Joestar family tree is much bigger in the SBR universe.

Tizoc

Currently at Ch. 40 of JoJoLion and I'm curious
why is Yasuho feeling pain when the origami frog is stepped on? Her stand isn't inside the frog is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom