• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also a Joestar. The Joestar family tree is much bigger in the SBR universe.

dLutJ7S.png

It needs updating.

Currently at Ch. 40 of JoJoLion and I'm curious
why is Yasuho feeling pain when the origami frog is stepped on? Her stand isn't inside the frog is it?

I think it's because Paisely Park is integrated into the cell phone that was folded into a frog.

Astral

He's also a Joestar. The Joestar family tree is much bigger in the SBR universe.

Dammit that just leaves more questions. Maybe he's also a bastard.

Currently at Ch. 40 of JoJoLion and I'm curious
why is Yasuho feeling pain when the origami frog is stepped on? Her stand isn't inside the frog is it?

Her stand is in the phone and Tsurugi turned her phone into the frog.

JayEH

The latest Jojolion confused me. If the guy with the pompadour is Jo2uke then why is he the one with the Joestar birthmark? I thought Yoshikage was the Joestar in this universe.

It's most likely that
Jose is Joseph's illegimate son in SBR. So Jose and Kira are both joestars. I think it's like the jotaro and Josuke relationship in 4.

Tizoc

OK so how did Aishou's Stand
lock onto Yasuho and Tsurugi again? It just seemed like Araki just it lock on just like that to progress the encounter lol.
I will say Tsurugi's method of defeating him was pretty cold, but as he said 'Do or die'.

Dammit that just leaves more questions. Maybe he's also a bastard.

Her stand is in the phone and Tsurugi turned her phone into the frog.

Ah OK so her Stand relays data back to Yasuho and was using the phone as a form of transport? I guess I can go with that.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that there were more people in the tree.

Was even about to admit that I was mistaken if you hadn't posted that.

I'm guessing they want to keep it simple since it also leaves out multiple Higashikatas, but I'd say this difference in the Joestar line is potentially significant

Tecl0n

So, i finished part 4. I've enjoyed it quite a lot more than the previous one (although i've only watched the SC anime, i didn't read it). But some of the stands powers are so insanely weird/powerful. I don't think i fully understand how bites the dust work, damn time shenanigans.

So, i finished part 4. I've enjoyed it quite a lot more than the previous one (although i've only watched the SC anime, i didn't read it). But some of the stands powers are so insanely weird/powerful. I don't think i fully understand how bites the dust work, damn time shenanigans.

bites the dust is basically implanting a bomb in someone that kills anyone who asks them about Kira. But since Kira doesn't know who it kills it initiates a rewind time loop so that he can find out.

Also, if you think part 4 stands are abstract/powerful then the stands of the following parts will twist your brain into knots.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apparently Bryce Papenbrook will be playing Caesar in the dub.

Not really feeling this cast so far...
Wait, SERIOUSLY? I have nothing against the guy (he CAN act, but most of the stuff he's been in lately just doesn't give him a good script or is given bad direction), but wow, that is one of the LAST people I'd think of for Caesar.

I seriously hope that I don't just hear Erin from Attack on Titan or Kirito from Sword Art Online.

If anything, I think this is such a huge miscast. The VAs themselves are perfectly fine for the most part, but it's such weird choices for buff male characters. Again, I wanna hear when we get better quality since off-screen = worse audio, but man, this dub is...gonna be something.

It also seems Patrick Seitz is voicing Dio.

Also looks like a video was uploaded matching the dub preview audio (again, not great quality) with the actual scenes.

D-Man

Who is voicing Speedwagon? I can't really recognize who it is.

Wonder what they're gonna do with the Pillar Men.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not sure what to think of the dub. Kinda hard to judge cuz of the background noise. Still, it's dubbed Jojo so I'm there.

cntr

Banned
"Straizo" Fuck.
Straizo is the correct name. Araki was more subtle about his music references back then. For one, his name is spelt ストレイツォ Sutoreitso -- using tso there instead of the usual tsu is really weird, especially since tso is not used natively in Japanese, and only occurs in fairly new loanwords.

So, yes, Araki intended for it to be Straizo. Or possibly Straitso, but that looks like a Japanese name, and would lead people to pronounce it with a Japanese ai instead of an English one, thus zo. Also Straitso looks dumb.

Hamon is wrong but Straizo is correct.

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily consider Hamon wrong since it's in reference to the technique. Like, Kamehameha has a translation for example, but people just choose not to use it ever, is that wrong?

Personal preference I guess.

Vibed

Joseph has like, zero personality. Little playfulness in his tone. Soooo bad. I liked Dio though and feel okay with Jonathan.

D-Man

So it looks like we have two more cast confirmations for the dub. Keith Silverstein is Speedwagon and Robbie Daymond is Smokey.

I also heard somewhere that Steve Blum is Kars but there's no official word on that yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
STEVE BLUM. AS KARS.

I......just.....this is quite possibly the most miscasted dub ever. Yes, the people they got are great, but they seriously don't suit these types of characters. I'm starting to feel like most of the cast was chosen because "HEY these are some big names, let's work them in somehow!"

Harpoon

I don't think Blum is a miscast for Kars in the slightest. Kars with Amon's voice is something I can see working very, very easily.

Squishy3

I'm fine with Steve Blum playing a villain. He was absolutely wonderful in Wonderful 101.

It'll always be weird to us because we've been used to Kars's existing voice for years. Let's just hope this release expands the fanbase even more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'll always be weird to us because we've been used to Kars's existing voice for years. Let's just hope this release expands the fanbase even more.
Yeah, that's a problem I sometimes have when I "switch" from sub to dub or vice versa. My ears grow used to hearing a certain voice after watching the entire season/series, so sometimes when I hear a new voice, it's sort of disorienting, but I (usually) get used to it.

I tend to prefer what I hear first, but there've been times where I'll watch a dub or sub second & eventually prefer that (watching Kill la Kill on Toonami, the dub is probably a good example of hearing it second, but preferring it over the sub because of the great job Aniplex & everyone did).

I feel like while this won't happen to Jojo, because of how long it's been since S1 premiered & the fact I watched it twice, it'll take some time for my ears to be "adjusted" to these new voices before I can fully judge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom