• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, I never noticed the fly in Stand Proud, and I never realized that the scene with everyone looking at the city was from Vanilla's room. It's a great breakdown for Sono Chi no Kyoku, BUT the one we had here a while back beats it imo.

JayEH

Watched those videos the other day. Great stuff. Didn't notice a lot of the little easter eggs/touches they put in those openings. Looking forward to that part 4 opening. Believe.

D-Man

Just finished reading Part 5 and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I agree that it has its issues, but I feel that it gets more hate than it deserves. The old scans didn't even bother me that much though I will reread the new and improved translations as they come out.

The best part about it, IMO, was definitely the fights. I love how the gang would straight up kill their opponents which is a pretty big change from Part 3 and 4. Part 5 isn't my favorite, but I did have fun with it and that's honestly what matters in the long run.

jgminto

Just finished reading Part 5 and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I agree that it has its issues, but I feel that it gets more hate than it deserves. The old scans didn't even bother me that much though I will reread the new and improved translations as they come out.

The best part about it, IMO, was definitely the fights. I love how the gang would straight up kill their opponents which is a pretty big change from Part 3 and 4. Part 5 isn't my favorite, but I did have fun with it and that's honestly what matters in the long run.
The fights definitely make up for a lot of Part 5's problems for me. Green Day is easily the most brutal and physical fight in the series.

Squishy3

The old scans didn't even bother me that much though I will reread the new and improved translations as they come out.
The issue is the original translations are more grammatically correct than Duwang, but effectively just made things up for a lot of the dialogue. Duwang, while being one of the worst things ever to read from a grammatical standpoint, did for the most part keep the story and characters of Part 4 intact.

R4tkd5D.png

The old translation's problem is even more amateurish when it's very clear that this is the painting on the left. :lol

D-Man

The issue is the original translations are more grammatically correct than Duwang, but effectively just made things up for a lot of the dialogue. Duwang, while being one of the worst things ever to read from a grammatical standpoint, did for the most part keep the story and characters of Part 4 intact.

The old translation's problem is even more amateurish when it's very clear that this is the painting on the left. :lol

Huh. That's... pretty bad. I'm glad I was still able to enjoy it, but I'll definitely have to go back and read the new translations.

Oh I know, but I just gotta wonder that if they know enough to attempt translating why would they be THAT wrong when it even has names in easy to read katakana in that panel.

My bad aniki. They probably just got lazy and rushed it with whatever. Like how they took out the stand cries.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

You gotta wonder why they let most of the opponents go in Part 3, in most situations the bad guys could just recover and attack them again---in most cases the heroes only win by a slim chance. Then again no villain in the history of media has ever tried the same plot twice---except Mojo-jojo.

But yeah in Part 5 they're allowed to be brutal, and it's a nice change. In fact I forgot if any of the opponents survived.

Part 3 people were mostly hired assassins who would've taken off after being hospitalized. Anyone who would've come back for them after part 3 were killed.

Part v's enemies were way more dangerous and passionate to give up.

Yeah, like DIO told Vanilla the problem everyone else had was that none of them were truly committed to the cause to the point of being able to die for him. They wouldn't try to get revenge, they'd most likely go "Revenge? Those guys already almost killed me. Fuck that."

Astarte

Pictures of normal people sitting or people dancing
Videogame characters doing a peace sign or whatever the hell
It's obnoxious having my twitter/tumblr feed blow up. Not every single thing related to standing or movement has to be about Jojo. I love this series to death, but lorrrrd.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa guys today on the radio I heard them play a song on the radio called...you're not gonna believe this..."Killer Queen".

JoJo's getting pretty popular.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, that sounds similar to that one stand, "Deadly Queen"!! Man, the Rolling Stones must've been Jojo fans!

Closer Two

I started Part 4 last night and I'm already more than half way through it. I couldn't read more than a volume or two of Part 3 at a time. Part 4 is amazing. It's blowing my goddamn mind. The pacing is so much better it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom