• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with the anime director from ANN.

My favourite part:

And the Hol Horse Boingo Combo as well! Now do you have a favorite Joestar or a favorite character? Not just in the three parts that are animated, but from any of it?

Well, since I just finished working on Stardust Crusaders, I'm most sympathetic to Jotaro. In part 4, my favorite is still Jotaro. As a high school reader of the manga, my favorite Joestar was… well, it's actually questionable if he's from the Joestar family, but he's the main character from part 5, Giorno Giovanna. He's actually Dio's child, but he inherits a very large portion of the Joestar family spirit.

:^)

fertygo

My favourite part:

And the Hol Horse Boingo Combo as well! Now do you have a favorite Joestar or a favorite character? Not just in the three parts that are animated, but from any of it?

Well, since I just finished working on Stardust Crusaders, I'm most sympathetic to Jotaro. In part 4, my favorite is still Jotaro. As a high school reader of the manga, my favorite Joestar was… well, it's actually questionable if he's from the Joestar family, but he's the main character from part 5, Giorno Giovanna. He's actually Dio's child, but he inherits a very large portion of the Joestar family spirit.

Denzelwashingtonmah*****.png

Dude's cool in my book

Lunar15

Jotaro is his favorite in Part 4?

Maybe we don't need David Productions doing Part 4 after all.

Everyone knows that Koichi is the true Jojo of part 4.

Ezalc

My favourite part:

Dude can pick from 3 jojos in part 4 and he picks the worst one of them all? The hell.

JayEH

Dude can pick from 3 jojos in part 4 and he picks the worst one of them all? The hell.

stephen-a-smith.jpg

Rankings aside, it was a very good interview. Fascinating to hear about the challenges of adapting Jojo's style, as well as the ending song choices.

Squishy3

Jotaro is his favorite in Part 4?

Maybe we don't need David Productions doing Part 4 after all.

Everyone knows that Koichi is the true Jojo of part 4.
Jotaro actually becomes somewhat of a character in Part 4, at least more so than in Part 3.

Sheer Heart Attack is also probably my favorite set of chapters as well, and that's pretty Jotaro-centric.

Lunar15

Jotaro actually becomes somewhat of a character in Part 4, at least more so than in Part 3.

Sheer Heart Attack is also probably my favorite set of chapters as well, and that's pretty Jotaro-centric.

Oh yeah, Jotaro's great in part 4. But so is everyone else.

Lernaean

Banned

The Jotaro hating in here is ridiculous. The Joseph fanboyism is even more ridiculous, but ranking Jotaro the worst Jojo in pt4 when one of the three Jojos barely has any dialogue and barely can shit without aid... Idk man, i can't find the right words.

Riposte

The Jotaro hating in here is ridiculous. The Joseph fanboyism is even more ridiculous, but ranking Jotaro the worst Jojo in pt4 when one of the three Jojos barely has any dialogue and barely can shit without aid... Idk man, i can't find the right words.

Joseph gets progressively worse. It's pretty frustrating how Araki just forgets hamon and Hermit Purple when they would be most useful, even if they are still explicitly mentioned in Part 3 and 4, respectively.

Part 4 gave us the best of Jotaro but he (understandably) falls flat compared to Josuke the GOAT.

It's not that Jotaro is bad, on the contrary, it's just that Josuke is that fucking good.

Joseph is not helped by the fact that he carries pretty much all of part 2 on his back, so of course his downplaying in the later parts doesn't look good.

It's not like Jotaro was immune to this, his durability in part 4 takes a massive hit and he spends part 6 doing an impression of his mom.

Lunar15

Hey man, he cuts himself to find an invisible baby in a lake. That's hardcore.

I dunno, best jojo in Part 4 for me is a toss up between Kishibi Rohan and Koichi.

Ezalc

Why Joseph will be forever GOAT tier:

Joseph is not helped by the fact that he carries pretty much all of part 2 on his back, so of course his downplaying in the later parts doesn't look good.

It's not like Jotaro was immune to this, his durability in part 4 takes a massive hit and he spends part 6 doing an impression of his mom.

But aside from that, honestly I don't see how anybody in part 4 can expect that much out of Joseph. He's really old and his stand is just so shit compared to like every other damn stand out there. Yeah he's going senile, which is really irritating when you remember how he was, but the little he actually does in regards to Shizuka is sweet and fits with his old character as well. And for a person his age, is actually something dangerous to do. For all the crap he gets in part 4 it's his one moment to redeem his character a little and it lets him and Josuke become closer.

Part 4 gave us the best of Jotaro but he (understandably) falls flat compared to Josuke the GOAT.

It's not that Jotaro is bad, on the contrary, it's just that Josuke is that fucking good.

There's also this, Josuke takes after his father in being that awesome. I'd argue that Jotaro is bad though just because I've never liked cardboard and carboard that has a pretty dolphin sticker on it is still cardboard. Then again, I've always really disliked the "stoic" characters in any anime/manga.

The biggest regret in Jojo will forever be that the Mariah and alessi fights weren't switched, as Jotaro tries to stay stoic as polnareff dry humps him while part 2 Joseph carries around baby avdol.

Squishy3

The biggest regret in Jojo will forever be that the Mariah and alessi fights weren't switched, as Jotaro tries to stay stoic as polnareff dry humps him while part 2 Joseph carries around baby avdol.
a mariah fight for polnareff would involve a septic tank flying into his face and exploding

xezuru

Sorry gonna drop in and out for a quick question cause I don't want to get fully spoiled.

Background:
Personally, I loved Part 1 atleast the first arc and other direct Dio episodes were fantastic setting him up as a character, hype build up and releases. Part 2 is just barely behind, but it has definitely the best main character so far imo, just didn't think the villains were that interesting even thought most fights were cool mainly because of Joseph. Part 3 to me was pretty weak, to me atleast, normal shonen esque travel the world and just fight dudes for a while until real shit happens, that said I love the idea of stands but only probably 1/5 of the stands are the ones I like, the ones with actual rules to make and break are cool, but in the season generally its mostly just episodes of jobbing on both sides, and I expected the final climax to floor me way more than it did. Honestly, it's not fair, but I love the memesque steamroller super from the fighting games more than what happened, as most of the fight was kinda eh.

Real Question:
Where does Part 4 lie in the consensus of which parts they like the most of the out?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 4 tends to be rather well liked. It's probably my favorite part along with part 2, to which I'd agree Joseph is probably one of my favorite characters.

It helps that with Part 4, the stands get a lot more interesting. To me, it's similar to part 2 where it took a concept from the previous part & improves it by a lot.

JayEH

Sorry gonna drop in and out for a quick question cause I don't want to get fully spoiled.

Background:
Personally, I loved Part 1 atleast the first arc and other direct Dio episodes were fantastic setting him up as a character, hype build up and releases. Part 2 is just barely behind, but it has definitely the best main character so far imo, just didn't think the villains were that interesting even thought most fights were cool mainly because of Joseph. Part 3 to me was pretty weak, to me atleast, normal shonen esque travel the world and just fight dudes for a while until real shit happens, that said I love the idea of stands but only probably 1/5 of the stands are the ones I like, the ones with actual rules to make and break are cool, but in the season generally its mostly just episodes of jobbing on both sides, and I expected the final climax to floor me way more than it did. Honestly, it's not fair, but I love the memesque steamroller super from the fighting games more than what happened, as most of the fight was kinda eh.

Real Question:
Where does Part 4 lie in the consensus of which parts they like the most of the out?

I think most western fans would say it's their favorite part.

Personally 3 is my favorite but mostly because of the Vanilla Ice Arc on. 4 to me is the objectively best part along with 7. Writing, cast, and stands are on point.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Background:

Real Question:

Personally Part 6 is my favorite for now, I'm midway though Part 7. But Part 4 is really good too.

remz

My fav is steel ball run for sure but josuke and his part 4 pals are a close second. So many great characters in there.

D-Man

Part 4 is my personal favorite part in the series. It's just so much fun to go through and I love Josuke so much that he became my favorite JoJo. Great fights, great humor, and just a fun ride overall.

Currently reading Part 6 though and I'm enjoying it a lot. Really looking forward to reading Part 7 as soon as I'm done.

wwm0nkey

Just got done playing the new JoJo demo

-Combat is VASTLY improved
-Graphics are a lot better, not holy shit AAA quality but they are improved and sharper
-Jotaro's R1 ability stops time for a short period of time, its cool as fuck.
-Kars Ultimate form R1 is to grow wings and fly, L1+O attack is the fucking squirrel lol
-Got my ass handed to me online but netcode held up well

wwm0nkey

Glad to hear that eyes of heaven plays better

A lot better, I was okay with the original demo but this is just so much more smooth and feels really nice. Limiting the L1 combos was a really good idea and the special moves are a lot of fun as well.

Also very happy the DOWN system is gone and speical animation were shortened, it just slowed things down too much.

Overall they've improved the game a lot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG Kars has the dubstep vampire squirrel that took down a cyborg nazi? Best Jojo game confirmed.

In any case, glad to hear they improved on the first demo via feedback. Still a shame there's no PS3 demo. Maybe closer to the game's release, it'll get one that's a better representation of the final game?

jgminto

OMG Kars has the dubstep vampire squirrel that took down a cyborg nazi? Best Jojo game confirmed.

In any case, glad to hear they improved on the first demo via feedback. Still a shame there's no PS3 demo. Maybe closer to the game's release, it'll get one that's a better representation of the final game?

ASB had the squirrel, the animation is probably just ripped from that like everything else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, never noticed. Then again, I didn't use his Ultimate Form often because then you couldn't do supers.

wwm0nkey

Now we need some more character confirmations. I there's barely any part 4 reps and no one from part 5, 6, or 8.

Hopefully after this demo we will see a flood of them.

Also played a few more online matches and the online really does hold up VERY well, kind of surprised actually. Won a few matches and online becomes really nice when you have a grip on the combos and everything. Time Stop and then L1+R1 supering someone is very rewarding as Jotaro.

But yeah if you guys have a PS4, make a quick JP account and try it out, it is a lot better than the first demo by a lot.

JayEH

I have to say I'm starting to enjoy the game now as well. At first I thought it was still the same but after a few matches I started to understand the combat more. I was playing as Jotaro and Jonathan and it seemed like there was some unique dialogue between them. Hopefully some translations come out. Also it's really annoying that by default a lot of sound effects come through the tv and ps4 controller. Going to have to wait for menus translations to navigate the menu as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of Eyes of Heaven, Shigechi, Akira, & Yoshikage Kira are confirmed, along with Morioh Town as a stage.

Squishy3

Speaking of Eyes of Heaven, Shigechi, Akira, & Yoshikage Kira are confirmed, along with Morioh Town as a stage.
Waiting for when they start confirming more stuff that isn't just reusing ASB assets. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say everyone that was in ASB will be in Eyes of Heaven.

Also lol the loading is still terribly slow and this is just a 450 MB demo.

D-Man

Huh. So it looks like they dropped Kira's white suit from ASB and gave him a purple one instead. Interesting change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom