• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ndtpx5t7y01qbybr8o1_400.jpg

cntr

Banned
from the Jojo Wikia:
The following characters are not protagonists in the series, but since their names can also result in "JoJo" when shortened, they may also be considered "JoJos":

George Joestar I
George Joestar II
Holy Joestar-Kujo (in the context of her maiden surname and husband's surname)
Norisuke Higashikata IV (born Josuke)
Josefumi Kujo
Jesus (Joshua bar Joseph)

dani_dc

But aside from that, honestly I don't see how anybody in part 4 can expect that much out of Joseph. He's really old and his stand is just so shit compared to like every other damn stand out there. Yeah he's going senile, which is really irritating when you remember how he was, but the little he actually does in regards to Shizuka is sweet and fits with his old character as well. And for a person his age, is actually something dangerous to do. For all the crap he gets in part 4 it's his one moment to redeem his character a little and it lets him and Josuke become closer.

Honestly the part that frustrates me about Joseph in Part 4 isn't so much that he's senile, but that Araki doesn't explore the growth of his relationship with Josuke, the chapter with the invisible baby was great, he and Josuke had really good chemistry there, but he basically disappears until the end of Part 4 and at that point Josuke is calling him "Pops", it felt as if I was robbed out of seeing their entire relationship.

Tecl0n

Finished Part 5. Not bad, but not too good either i liked 2 and 4 much more. But goddamn, Notorious B.I.G and Green Day are basically doomsday devices. And damn final boss/main villain time shenanigans, again. At least the wikia cleared a few of my doubts about what the hell king crimsom did.

I always felt like Josuke never fully recognized Joseph as his dad. He accepted the situation, and the best their relationship gets by the end is that Josuke respects him. Even though he calls him 'Pops' he doesn't let him keep the picture of his mom.

dani_dc

I always felt like Josuke never fully recognized Joseph as his dad. He accepted the situation, and the best their relationship gets by the end is that Josuke respects him. Even though he calls him 'Pops' he doesn't let him keep the picture of his mom.

I do think it might fair to say that Josuke would still have issues with Joseph, but he went along way from when he first meet Joseph until the day they went their separate ways, and "Pops" is pretty significative since Josuke said earlier on that he would never call Joseph that. Clearly their relationship would still have issue considering the circumstances, but I got the impression that Josuke and Joseph were in good enough terms by the end of Part 4.

The issue is that we never saw any of their relation so we can't really understand fully where they were standing at the end.

And to be honest Joseph taking Tomoko picture back home was a very stupid idea!
Josuke was doing him a favour!

Is there any chance of part 4 and later mangas to receive an official English publication after the hardbound Battle Tendency is done? Did Viz even finish Stardust Crusaders?

JayEH

Is there any chance of part 4 and later mangas to receive an official English publication after the hardbound Battle Tendency is done? Did Viz even finish Stardust Crusaders?

Stardust Crusaders finished in 2010 I believe. The current manga releases are based on the Jojonium re releases in Japan which has stopped with Part 3 so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a re release of in the US with that format. I imagine the Part 4 Jojoium releases are waiting on the Part 4 anime so I would assume if it gets released in Japan it will eventually make its way here. That could be years though given the current release schedule in the US.

Squishy3

Stardust Crusaders finished in 2010 I believe. The current manga releases are based on the Jojonium re releases in Japan which has stopped with Part 3 so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a re release of in the US with that format. I imagine the Part 4 Jojoium releases are waiting on the Part 4 anime so I would assume if it gets released in Japan it will eventually make its way here. That could be years though given the current release schedule in the US.
At the very least I'd imagine Viz would work on digitally releasing Part 4 at some point.

Tizoc

Just caught up to the latest JoJoLion
Kuujou Jousefumi? Kind of an odd name, is Fumi an uncommon sufix?

KarasuEXE

Ok GAF, DIO x Kira x Diavolo, who wins? Everyone with their final forms, how the fuck would that work?

Diavolo wins, I guess, because of Epitaph and King Crimsom just working.

cntr

Banned
Kujo Joseph?!
There's an actual Joseph Joestar, who's Jojolion Kira's grandfather. So presumably Josufumi is his illegitimate son, except this time he had the kid with a Kujo.

Ok GAF, DIO x Kira x Diavolo, who wins? Everyone with their final forms, how the fuck would that work?

Diavolo wins, I guess, because of Epitaph and King Crimsom just working.
DIO/ZA WARUDO is immune to BIte The Dust and King Crimson in ASB, iirc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's worth mentioning that Eyes of Heaven won't have any paid DLC or microtransactions. We might see something among the lines of “downloadable content elements like stuff you’ll get as a first-run bonus maybe,” but basically it won't be like ASB and that one mode where you randomly unlock new content for random characters.

wwm0nkey

Eyes of heaven confirmed to have an original story supervised by Araki.

Also no paid dlc or micro transactions
I know I also posted this in the demo thread, but I almost feel like it deserves it's own thread too since this and street fighter are taking the right approach to DLC.

Also a story supervised by Araki is really good news

There's an actual Joseph Joestar, who's Jojolion Kira's grandfather. So presumably Josufumi is his illegitimate son, except this time he had the kid with a Kujo.

There's still the possibility that he's from one of the branches of the Joestar family that only exist in the SBR universe

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hell yes, more cross-part quotes please. & FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, have Young & Old Joseph interact with each other, especially with "your next line will be....".

Edit: Speaking of Old Joseph, maybe tihs time around he'll have dialogue if you fight/team up with Kars, Esidisi, &/or Whammu.

So are we not going to talk about the crazy stuff that happened in the newest chapter of JoJolion? Kewl0210 translated the chapter based on magazine pics. I know posting pics of magazines is against the rules, but text-only translation is fine right? If not, I'll delete the link.

https://t.co/8BoE7tNwJe

So first off, holy shit these brothers are crazy. Lighting up Karera was their first idea to kill her just from creatively using their powers. Also, I'm unsure if Karera actually knows what Gappy is (a fusion) and is just hiding that she knows. Finally, GAPPY ENGAGING IN CLOSE-QUARTERS COMBAT FUCK YES.

JayEH

Read the latest chapter (via the link above). I really like the Twins' power. All of the antagonists so far have had interesting powers actually.

ionitron

Guys I'm in the second half of Part 3 in the Anime and I love this show so much I cannot even describe what the hell happened to me to like this show this much. I really do not understand why.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I'm in the second half of Part 3 in the Anime and I love this show so much I cannot even describe what the hell happened to me to like this show this much. I really do not understand why.

Congratulations! Like with everyone else I must say THIS IS THE SPOILER THREAD ARE YOU INSANE CATCH UP TO PART 8 AND COME BACK PLS

JOJO IS SACRED BE CAREFUL OF SPOILERS

ionitron

Congratulations! Like with everyone else I must say THIS IS THE SPOILER THREAD ARE YOU INSANE CATCH UP TO PART 8 AND COME BACK PLS

Don't worry, haha I'm aware. I really only came in to say that.

No one else understands.

dani_dc

Look at it! What is there not to love!

I'm glad you're enjoying the show so much!

Silly Diggeh, don't scare ionitron with capital letters! Even if your concerns are valid!

There's also an JoJo anime thread (be careful though, full of part 3 spoilers there in the recent pages) though it's quite dead since the anime ended.

Don't worry, haha I'm aware. I really only came in to say that.

No one else understands.

You came to the right place to share JoJo love!

Though I was too afraid to open this thread until a few weeks ago, when I caught up with all the manga in around 2-3 weeks.

D-Man

Currently reading through Stone Ocean and I swear that F.F. better be in Eyes of Heaven. I want to see what CC2 can do with her.

Welfare

Started to read Diamond is Unbreakable because I can't wait for the anime and OMG these Stands are amazing. On the part with the girl that is madly into Koichi.

Oh man that was a good fight.

Got no idea what these two's Stands are, looks they may be separate? Lighting someone on fire is pretty brutal though, lol. Soccer ball has a zipper on it for some reason. Hm.

jgminto

Got no idea what these two's Stands are, looks they may be separate? Lighting someone on fire is pretty brutal though, lol. Soccer ball has a zipper on it for some reason. Hm.

The non-soccerball one seems to be able to turn his hand into any matter he touches. I don't think we've seen the other's yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom