• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

You know I couldn't put a finger on where I've heard Joseph's voice..... As soon as I found out it was the guy who did #1 in Kids Next Door, I lost my shit XD

Tizoc

There's something about this page
tumblr_nsvoivE3Wm1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

Can't put my finger on it, but this page...

Man, I got ass-blasted in OT for my anti-establishment JoJo opinions. Am I really that crazy for thinking Part 6 is up there with Part 4, Part 5 being better than Part 3, and Parts 2 and 7 being kinda overrated?

jgminto

Man, I got ass-blasted in OT for my anti-establishment JoJo opinions. Am I really that crazy for thinking Part 6 is up there with Part 4, Part 5 being better than Part 3, and Parts 2 and 7 being kinda overrated?

I agree with you on Part 2 and kinda on Part 6, it would be one of the top parts if it was a little more consistent. I also enjoy Part 5 but probably wouldn't put it about 3. 7 is brilliant though.

Ezalc

1: Not really, I enjoy part 6 a lot too.
2: Yes, Part 3 has the better villain and overall the more interesting journey. Also a less cardboard protagonist, though it does have a less overall team and some particular battles.
4: Yes, yes you are. 2, 4, and 7 are the best parts.

Let me clarify a few of my points.

On Part 5 being better than Part 3: The team dynamic is way better in Part 5, which contributes to much better battles. The pacing is faster than the fillerific Part 3. There's less enemies, but each battle takes longer and is more involved. The final battle is kinda lame compared to DIO's World though, and Fugo got the shaft just like Avdol did with no chance for a comeback. What I'm basically saying is that the individual parts of Part 5 are better than Part 3's.

On Part 7: I absolutely love Johnny and Gyro's bromance with Gyro being one of my fav characters. The story isn't very consistent though, even for JoJo standards. Any part involving Lucy Steel, especially Tubular Bells, is dreadful to read through. Encounters are very linear in progression with stand abilities being so grounded for the most part. That last point isn't necessarily good or bad.

Part 2 is really good, it's just the Joseph show, full stop. And the pillar men suck.

Part 6 is great to me, it just gets way too nuts with its stand powers and battles suffer for it and for that I cannot put it up with part 4

I think Part 5 is helped because it's so much more vicious and personal than part 3. The characters are much more driven.

I love part 7, so I can't agree with you there.

Ezalc

Let me clarify a few of my points.

On Part 5 being better than Part 3: The team dynamic is way better in Part 5, which contributes to much better battles. The pacing is faster than the fillerific Part 3. There's less enemies, but each battle takes longer and is more involved. The final battle is kinda lame compared to DIO's World though, and Fugo got the shaft just like Avdol did with no chance for a comeback. What I'm basically saying is that the individual parts of Part 5 are better than Part 3's.

On Part 7: I absolutely love Johnny and Gyro's bromance with Gyro being one of my fav characters. The story isn't very consistent though, even for JoJo standards. Any part involving Lucy Steel, especially Tubular Bells, is dreadful to read through. Encounters are very linear in progression with stand abilities being so grounded for the most part. That last point isn't necessarily good or bad.

Part 5's final battle being "kind of lame" is an understatement. I agree with the team being better overall but I found the journey to be more interesting and more involving than what Bruno's gang wanted to do, saving Holly vs finding dio's s- becoming a gangst- protecting tri- beating that bipolar guy.

The thing I love the most about part 7 is that it's at the same time a reboot and in a way a call back. A lot of characters or stands or jojoisms are back though they're all different in some way. The simple fact that most stands in this part are tools instead of just "punch ghosts" is what makes it more interesting than a lot of other parts. The battles are more unique and harder to guess where they'll go even by jojo standards. Plus Gyro + Johnny bromance is glorious. I enjoyed the Lucy Steel parts, I thought she was an interesting side character and I sympathized with her.

Part 5's final battle being "kind of lame" is an understatement. I agree with the team being better overall but I found the journey to be more interesting and more involving than what Bruno's gang wanted to do, saving Holly vs finding dio's s- becoming a gangst- protecting tri- beating that bipolar guy.

The thing I love the most about part 7 is that it's at the same time a reboot and in a way a call back. A lot of characters or stands or jojoisms are back though they're all different in some way. The simple fact that most stands in this part are tools instead of just "punch ghosts" is what makes it more interesting than a lot of other parts. The battles are more unique and harder to guess where they'll go even by jojo standards. Plus Gyro + Johnny bromance is glorious. I enjoyed the Lucy Steel parts, I thought she was an interesting side character and I sympathized with her.
Going by your logic, Part 3 is finding Jot- get him out o- find and kill D- find and kill him in 50 days.

Also, don't get me wrong about Part 7. It's just below Part 4 for me. The journey is excellent, and Araki illustrates Johnny's growth well. Both finales are awesome as well. It's just that I don't think it's the ABSOLUTE BEST JOJO PART OF ALL TIME.

Or maybe it's cuz Erina says the Fusion word and they both fuse into Speedwagon =O

it all makes sense now

Speedwagon is them combined from the FUTURE (alternate timeline)

how you ask will with the fusion a Stand was indeed possible and we all know about Dio's stand the World being possible due to Jonathan JoeStar's body

and evolution of that most indeed be full time manipulation

Ezalc

Going by your logic, Part 3 is finding Jot- get him out o- find and kill D- find and kill him in 50 days.

Also, don't get me wrong about Part 7. It's just below Part 4 for me. The journey is excellent, and Araki illustrates Johnny's growth well. Both finales are awesome as well. It's just that I don't think it's the ABSOLUTE BEST JOJO PART OF ALL TIME.

Err no. From the beginning it was always about killing dio to save holly that never changed. Part 5 starts with Jotaro trying to find Dio's son, he does and then that plot is never touched upon ever again. Then it's about giorno becoming a gangster (I refuse to type out the other word) he's quickly sidelined to the much more interesting Bruno and then goes on a journey to protect some girl he barely knows from her mafia boss dad because of it's bad to kill family, when Giorno doesn't seem to give two shits about family or feeling bad about killing people.

I don't either, I enjoy part 2 a little bit more than 7. Though they're wildly different since one is probably like 9 times longer than the other.

Part 5 starts with Jotaro trying to find Dio's son, he does and then that plot is never touched upon ever again. Then it's about giorno becoming a gangster (I refuse to type out the other word) he's quickly sidelined to the much more interesting Bruno and then goes on a journey to protect some girl he barely knows from her mafia boss dad because of it's bad to kill family, when Giorno doesn't seem to give two shits about family or feeling bad about killing people.

But wasn't the point of Giorno that sure he wants to be a gang-star, but he has standards of what lines even they must not cross? Even ignoring that, the whole Trish thing was the best/fastest way to reach and overthrow Diavolo so it fits in perfectly with his original motivation.

jgminto

The motivations of the Part 5 gang make sense. Giorno wants to make his way to the top and shape the organisation to what he believes is right. Bruno wanted to clean up the gang (stop drugs from getting into the hands of kids, etc.) so he wants to help Giorno complete his goal. Mista, Narancia and Abbacchio trust Bruno's judgement and decide to go along with him and take out the boss.

dani_dc

I'd put Part 6 under Part 2, 4 and 7.

I love Jolyne and it has lots of creative and great battles... but the story is a complete and utter mess, that's what really brings Part 6 down to me.
Between the DIO bone and having to kill X sinners and then say some magical words so that DIO is kind of reborn as a green baby and then goes to fuse with Pucci....

Just a mess. Shame because it's an otherwise really good part.

I'd put Part 6 under Part 2, 4 and 7.

I love Jolyne and it has lots of creative and great battles... but the story is a complete and utter mess, that's what really brings Part 6 down to me.
Between the DIO bone and having to kill X sinners and then say some magical words so that DIO is kind of reborn as a green baby and then goes to fuse with Pucci....

Just a mess. Shame because it's an otherwise really good part.

I honestly kinda liked the mindfucky/rushed elements of Part 6. Yes, anything to do with DIO's other sons is absolutely awful. Their encounters are not good at all, despite some fun dialogue. I, however, liked almost everything else. I even liked DIO's "retconned" personality as I saw it as him manipulating Pucci 80% of the time.

EDIT: Let us not forget Heavy Weather, one of the best JoJo mini-arcs just for Wes' backstory.

I just finished the first volume of part 7, i love how dio has basically the same general background as before, wonder if he's still a dick. I love gyro, dude has grills man, so freaking wacky and I love him for it. Also im happy jonny is a crippled, what a dick. Im sure ill like him later tho :)

Woo! New JoJolion chapter! Gappy fending off the twins by himself for the most part is pretty crazy. Who knew he was so adept in close-quarters combat? Of course, Karera steals the show and makes us question what side she's on.

As a side note, that Rock Human info was very clarifying.

remz

So fucking awesome watching gappy catch punches, sock people in the face and kick ass. He's very hands on for a Jojo :)

Numb

"People like mangaka that takes lots of breaks are also very suspicious."

That explains Berserk's release schedule, then.

Araki shouldn't think about Miura so as to not catch his idolmasterness.

I should catch up to Jojolion. Been a minute.

CQC Gappy was dope.

So we've learned

• The habits of the rock people
  • Karera is the SBR universe Yukako (albeit much nicer)
  • Togashi and Miura may actually be hibernating rock people

I just watched the entire anime series over the past week or so and, holy shit it was great and after digging into all the music references throughout the series, I think I'm hooked. Currently debating if I should start reading Diamond is Unbreakable or wait for the anime adaptation so I don't ruin the surprises when I watch it when it comes out.

JayEH

I just watched the entire anime series over the past week or so and, holy shit it was great and after digging into all the music references throughout the series, I think I'm hooked. Currently debating if I should start reading Diamond is Unbreakable or wait for the anime adaptation so I don't ruin the surprises when I watch it when it comes out.

Read it. Trust me it can't wait.

wwm0nkey

Was experimenting with AR apps during a very slow class and made a thing...

11889704_10207469388913766_7455605871002329688_n.jpg

*I have it as DIO now and he shouts ZA WARUDO when the app opens lol

Siegcram

you do know they were also both in ASB, right. albeit vanilla ice was only dlc

vanilla ice should be cool in eoh because it's 3d
I have ASB, but haven't touched it beyond two fights that took approximately 2 1/2 hours.

I'm all for supporting JoJo, but that game is a mess.

Squishy3

I have ASB, but haven't touched it beyond two fights that took approximately 2 1/2 hours.

I'm all for supporting JoJo, but that game is a mess.
it is a mess but i'm honestly disappointed they threw out the idea of it being a 2.5d fighter entirely

i'd have liked to see it with more polish and changing the actual problems the game had instead of making an entirely different kind of game

Siegcram

it is a mess but i'm honestly disappointed they threw out the idea of it being a 2.5d fighter entirely

i'd have liked to see it with more polish and changing the actual problems the game had instead of making an entirely different kind of game
Yeah, EoH doesn't exactly look like my cup of tea either.

I will say that I would be totally on board with a more polished and streamlined ASB. The artstyle was gorgeous, just everything else was clunky, unresponsive and cluttered.
The whole microtransaction bs in the beginning didn't help either.

jgminto

Damn, the new Part 5 translation has improved the Grateful Dead fight a lot so far. It was already a good fight mechanically, but the emotion and intensity from the characters didn't come through nearly as well in the old translation, at least from my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom