• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steel Ball Run is the first Jojo that I feel that it's a chore to get through. I did just start...

Maybe I just need to keep reading but wow I don't like any of these characters. Gyro is totally a cowboy Riff Raff though.

Yeah it starts slow but by the end it's definitely my favorite part

Lunar15

SBR is probably my favorite JoJo.

It's really good. It definitely changes throughout as Araki clearly planned on something less jojo-ish and changed his mind along the way.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Steel Ball Run is the first Jojo that I feel that it's a chore to get through. I did just start...

Maybe I just need to keep reading but wow I don't like any of these characters. Gyro is totally a cowboy Riff Raff though.

I loved Gyro immediately, but it took me a bit to warm up to SBR too. Found going from Jolyne to Johnny to be pretty rough. Just did not care for the dude. Other characters weren't any better. The race wasn't hype at all. So on and so forth.

Then somewhere around the Scary Monsters arc Araki started cooking again and it's like, okay, this is actually pretty fantastic.

Squishy3

The swamp kid is the worst part of SBR.

On the topic of Eyes of Heaven, Versace could work as another part 6 villain because it's a 3D brawler now instead of a traditional fighter. I don't think they'd bother making unique events for his Stand though.

JayEH

I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Don't worry, it starts getting good around Scary Monsters.

...Wait a sec, did you read parts 4-6 in 10 days? Wat

dani_dc

I loved Gyro immediately, but it took me a bit to warm up to SBR too. Found going from Jolyne to Johnny to be pretty rough. Just did not care for the dude. Other characters weren't any better. The race wasn't hype at all. So on and so forth.

Then somewhere around the Scary Monsters arc Araki started cooking again and it's like, okay, this is actually pretty fantastic.

I didn't like Johnny at the start, but that's ok because at that point Gyro is pretty much the protagonists, and Johnny ends up having a really good arc through SBR.

Don't worry, it starts getting good around Scary Monsters.

...Wait a sec, did you read parts 4-6 in 10 days? Wat

Seems completely doable, I read all of Parts 4-8 in under 3 weeks, started reading Part 4 after Part 3 anime ended (19th of June) and was all caught up by 8th of July.

I think I most slowed down a bit around Part 5 and 6, but picked up pace again when I got to SBR.

D-Man

Anybody else watching Namco's TGS stream right now? They're showing Eyes of Heaven and just showed off a very cool new trailer that even gives us a tease about Story mode.

I'm glad the makers of eyes of heaven seemed to listen to the later criticism of asb instead of coasting off its insane early success. If the release gameplay is solid I hope it sells.

Anyway from that trailer we can see a few (possible) story details, such as josuke meeting (not so old Joseph) and a dio/giorno and Jotaro/Jolyne combo. Of course these could just be gameplay things.

The biggest thing is at the end, which seems to imply an original game villian.

D-Man

The biggest thing is at the end, which seems to imply an original game villian.

I'm pretty sure that's Pucci at the end there. His pose is the same as it is in his character portrait.

Also, Namco released a poster for Story Mode. I'm trying to figure out who all the shadows are but I can only recognize Zeppeli and Diego.

tumblr_nuz8e6aWKJ1sh11j9o1_500.jpg

You know, from that poster and the 3rd trailer they might be pushing DIO as Pucci's villain partner instead of another Part 6 villain. I would hope not, but who knows.

But I like that Pucci's possibly taking center stage in the story.

Squishy3

There'll probably be another 7 minute Rohan trailer right before the game releases going over the story and whatnot

man the way it transitions into the title screen is so sick
ha i called it, not the timeframe but we got another rohan narration trailer!

I'm pretty sure that's Pucci at the end there. His pose is the same as it is in his character portrait.

Also, Namco released a poster for Story Mode. I'm trying to figure out who all the shadows are but I can only recognize Zeppeli and Diego.

tumblr_nuz8e6aWKJ1sh11j9o1_500.jpg

From top to bottom, on the left I'm seeing Weather Report(?), Vanilla Ice, ???, and Zepelli. On the right Lisa Lisa, ???, Fugo, and Diego.

I'm guessing they're gonna be corrupted/brain washed or something?

I don't know how I would feel about a DB Xenoverse esque story where the villian travels to different timelines to screw up famous battles.

Xenoverse is what I was thinking of too, but at least from the trailer it seems like the time travel will be more than just for messing up battles seeing how for example both Dios will meet or how part 3 Joseph gets to meet Josuke.

We have 40 characters confirmed so far without counting the Part 4 Jotaro DLC.

There are a few ASB characters not confirmed yet:
Bruno
Diavolo
Annasui
Johnny (we know he's in the game because of the cover but still)
Gyro
Valentine
Gappy (same as Johnny)
Baoh (lol)

Non-ASB characters that I want to be in the game:
F.F.
Hot Pants
Chocolate Disco
Soundman
Wekapipo
Yasuho
Joubin
Karera

A man can dream right?

I wouldn't mind an updated one-shot of Gorgeous Irene though. The Jump remix art is neat.
latest

even though 2007 araki is a bit different from 2015

Squishy3

Short chapter. Probably just setup for stuff. Definitely some art inconsistency too. Some pages looked real rough, while some looked amazing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's talk of Namco "releasing a special “PS4 collaboration model” that has a special design HDD Bay Cover" for Eyes of Heaven. Granted, most likely won't come to the US, & if it somehow amazingly does, I'd be willing to bet it'd be a Namco Store exclusive.

wwm0nkey

There's talk of Namco "releasing a special “PS4 collaboration model” that has a special design HDD Bay Cover" for Eyes of Heaven. Granted, most likely won't come to the US, & if it somehow amazingly does, I'd be willing to bet it'd be a Namco Store exclusive.
I will buy that cover

Okay, I spoke to soon. I'm on chapter 70something at the moment and I love SBR.

I think my opinion of it changed right on the chapter where Diego turned into a dinosaur. If SBR is ever animated, I must see that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom