• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Was experimenting with AR apps during a very slow class and made a thing...

11889704_10207469388913766_7455605871002329688_n.jpg

*I have it as DIO now and he shouts ZA WARUDO when the app opens lol

That's pretty neat! The DIO one sounds cool, too!

Pappasman

Just finished SBR. I was blown away. I loved it the whole way through. SBR has my favorite setting and world and Araki's art style change was amazing. Some of his panels were just phenomenal. Gyro and Johnny were an awesome duo,
I just kinda wish Gyro made it through to the end.

Also thats probably the most insane and amazing twist and ending to any part.

Seriously, that might just be my favorite part of jojos...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Oh my god
e99.jpg

Someone post the image of Uncle Phil as Joseph :V
Also is that the kanji for menacing?

This needs to generally be posted
MtgggEq.gif

lmao

IDK what the kanji in that Uncle Phil pic means, but I think menacing is ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ.

also totes saving that ora ora gif, ty

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Diamond Is not Cartoon still huh? :(

Anyway...

I laugh whenever the Kami trio of Pokemon are referenced as Pillar Men. They even got their signature item (replace mask with mirror).

And then there's the Beast trio which sport really odd hairdo like the Pillar Men and they awaken from stone.

Hey folks!

Finished the anime and I'm dying for more. It took me too long to get into Jojo, but I'm happy that I did.I want to buy All-Star Battle but since it has characters from other parts, I'm starting out the manga...

I'm not sure how to feel about Josuke yet but I do like Koichi! Then again, I hated Jotaro at first but came to love the delinquent...

Also, Old Man Joseph messing around with another woman...say it ain't so. :(

Tizoc

Hey folks!

Finished the anime and I'm dying for more. It took me too long to get into Jojo, but I'm happy that I did.I want to buy All-Star Battle but since it has characters from other parts, I'm starting out the manga...

I'm not sure how to feel about Josuke yet but I do like Koichi! Then again, I hated Jotaro at first but came to love the delinquent...

He was drunk, and you know how dem Japanese women be like in their youthful prime :V

Hey folks!

Welcome to a very bizarre adventure friend spin!

He was drunk, and you know how dem Japanese women be like in their youthful prime :V
Haha.

Good to see both him and Jotaro, even though I feel as though Jotaro doesn't necessarily need to be in this part but I guess he can fill in the Kakashi role as the older guardian of the kids.

Welcome to a very bizarre adventure friend spin!
Took me long enough, man. The series is right up my alley but I'm glad I got to watching/reading it. I think it was Araki's art style that kept me from trying it out, fortunately I got used to it but I hear after this part the style will change.

cntr

Banned
jojo parts as spongebob quotes

pt 1: you know, if i were to die right now in some sort of fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend, well, that would just be okay.
pt 2: he's not just a bubble, he's a bubble buddy! he's my friend and i love him! haven't you ever had a very special friend?
pt 3: he's just standing there...menacingly!
pt 4: you mean you've never heard the story of the... hash-slinging slasher?
pt 5: well, it's no secret that the best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.
pt 6: we did it patrick! we saved the city!
pt 7: so, my eyes are correct! you still have that horse even when i ordered you to get rid of it! well, now I'm going to get rid of it once and for all!
pt 8: rock bottom...it sure is weird around here. kinda different, even the soil looks different.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*starts Project Mirai DX*

*sees "Roadroller" item in shop*

"It's yellow & flattens stuff. MUDA MUDA MUDA! WRYYYYY!"

Sega put a Jojo reference in a Hatsune Miku game. Bravo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got a video of that?
Give me a moment, & I'll get a screenshot hopefully.

A bit of trivia about the reference, from the game's OT:

So I was curious and decided to find out if this joke was inherited from the original Japanese text or something made up for the localization. So here is the description in Project mirai 2: http://i.imgur.com/I48FPsv.jpg

The Japanese joke is along the same lines, but is a little more subtle - the second part is roughly "even if you're trying to escape, it's MUDA MUDAA!". It's clearly a little too long to fit in the box provided in English, thus the significantly less subtle joke.
Believe it or not, it's also in the game because there's a Vocaloid song called 'It's my roadroller!", so it's considered a "character item" relating to two of the Vocaloids in the game (even if the song isn't in the game).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eyes of Heaven releasing in Japan on Dec. 17th, along with Rohan, Okuyasu, & Kosaku Kawajiri confirmed from Part 4.

Interestingly enough, first-print copies of the game will include a code to let you play as Jotaro.......from Part 4, though it could just be a special costume.

Edit: OH, nope, he's considered a separate character, though Part 4 Jotaro can't be used in the story mode, nor can he team up with Part 3 Jotaro.

Edit 2: Here's the Jojo reference from Project Mirai DX:

X4RTooP.jpg

Has anyone tried out the mobile game Stardust Shooters? I just downloaded it today and it's pretty ok for a mobile cash grab, there's just a bit of a language barrier....

Squishy3

G3k31PK.jpg

JysuctC.jpg

its real
I haven't bought many DVD/BD lately but do they all look this lazy?
DVD menus are pretty static since they're DVD and don't have the space for fancy HD animated menus like most BDs though.

Might also be it's WB's first series release that it seems like such a poor effort.

The Berserk menus are pretty good, don't have any screenshots, but those were released by WB too. (Since WB Japan was involved in the production like they are for Jojo's) Good fonts that fit in with Berserk, animated footage from the movie playing in the background. 2nd and third movies also brought back the fan favorite dub outtakes. (My love for you is like a truck... BERSERKERRRRRRRRR)

It probably has more to do with them being on DVD. I'm supporting it regardless though, because Jojo's should catch on in the US. The fact we got ASB and now this plus parts 1 and 2 being released in the Jojonium format in the US bodes well.

I imagine if they did Stardust Crusaders on BD it wouldn't be as half-assed as this is (I think this is more WB testing the waters as it's their first full series they're distributing in the US while before they've only released movies) I also have to say Seitz nailed it as Dio in the dub.

D-Man

Why couldn't we have gotten a blu-ray? JoJo's deserves better than this.

I'm still buying it to support the series, but damn.

Tizoc

Yeah I think we'll get Anasui+FF
the question is who would be an extra Part 6 villain they can add to the game? Versace or Rkyiel?

Steel Ball Run is the first Jojo that I feel that it's a chore to get through. I did just start...

Maybe I just need to keep reading but wow I don't like any of these characters. Gyro is totally a cowboy Riff Raff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom