• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm...not addicted.
Lol, I took my sweet time reading JoJo. I think I read Parts 3-8 from April 2014 to February 2015? So yeah, really slow. It's probably because I took month-long breaks sometimes. I can't wait to read full impressions when you're all caught up.

The new chapter of JJL was pretty fun. Lots of comedic panels with Joshuu being obnoxious. Art was kinda inconsistent, though Araki seems to be in the middle of an art style transition. The new guy is most likely a Rock Human, which makes me wonder how that individual conflict will unfold inside the Higashikata household. After this, it seems that the next destination is Josefumi's house, which will hold a lot of revelations I suppose.

I think, if I wasn't in the process of moving at the time, I probably could've binged my first Jojo reading in a week or so too, lol. Reminds me how it took the longest for me to get through the 1st part but once I hit Battle Tendency, shit was steam rolling.

Squishy3

I blasted through Parts 4-6 but took a break during Part 7 (during swamp kid) and came back and blitzed it right after I got past that point.

Tizoc

Man Koichi's change in the manga is interesting
tumblr_nuy4ouGQrS1s2kojso1_400.png

He looked like something out of a 50s era comic book

tumblr_nuyd3m4lSg1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

Then he looked like some yakuza goon

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The drastic art changes in Duwang is Not Crash are hilarious. I was thoroughly confused when Tamami reappeared at like a fraction of his original height.

Lunar15

I feel like Koichi's hair change and the fact that everyone magically shrinks in height are intentional sight gags. I'll at least give Araki those.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually think SBR is sort of a boring slog.

But Johnny is one of my favorite leads, he felts really sympathetic to me.

There's a version of this that's a riff on the Ice Cube "at first I was like..." image but I can't find it. :(

Also just realized the reason Okuyasu has all the money signs on him is because his name has the kanji for 100,000,000 in it.

wwm0nkey

Jouske and Crazy Diamond SAS figures are coming back in December and preorders are up now at AmiAmi, $35 each.

Oh also there is an anime event happening on October 24th, no idea what it is though (Part 4 please)

D-Man

October 24th, eh? Wasn't the Stardust Crusaders anime revealed in October as well? Wouldn't be surprised if they announce Diamond is Unbreakable anime on that day.

David Pro pls.

Can't say I've been disappointed with David Pro's adaptation. Has their animation been a little wonky sometimes? Yes, unfortunately. Are they a little too reverent to the source material, which has made the pace a little iffy as a result? As someone who wants to see every panel of JoJo on screen then yes.

But there's love there, and real creativity with the use of colors. Stardust Crusaders had some directorial choices towards the end that I really enjoyed. David Pro may not be the absolute best we could've gotten, but in my mind they are still damn good.

Lunar15

Even if you don't love David Pro, you should have no problems with them doing Part 4 because it has art inconsistency built right in.

I've greatly enjoyed all of the anime adaptations so far

I watched the last episode of that show about monster females earlier and the entire last episode had better animation than anything I've seen in all of Jojo combined. Can I just get ONE fight with some budget, please? Save it all for Part 5 though.
How mad did you get?

I watched the last episode of that show about monster females earlier and the entire last episode had better animation than anything I've seen in all of Jojo combined. Can I just get ONE fight with some budget, please? Save it all for Part 5 though.
How mad did you get?

How good are we talking, compared to this
D8oniAK.gif

Also, more like part 7 unless you want those horse races to look bad

Crocodile

Since people seemed to have been able to check out the last DVDs/Blu-Rays for the Stardust Crusader adaptation, were they able to go back and touch up Dio's World? I recall a fair number of scenes having a bit wonky art and animation (clearly it was crunch time for the home stretch). Did they uncensor the scene where the Senator drives over those people or is it still a weird, quick cut?

How mad did you get?
Part 3 was a huge step up from David Pro's previous endeavors. Their directing choices were too notch, music was top notch, VA, etc. I disliked how their slow-ass pacing led to a rushed DIO's World though.

In terms of parts that need a bigger budget, parts 5-7 are all definite candidates for that. I feel like David Pro can get away with a Part 3 budget for Part 4 as long as RHCP, Sheer Heart Attack, and Highway Star look great.

D-Man

A new scan for Eyes of Heaven reveals that there will be a new original character in the game, probably specifically for Story Mode. The only info we know is that "the character will have long hair, and a white coat with a connection to Heaven."

I'm glad that they're actually putting effort into the story mode after ASB's bare-bones version of it.

Squishy3

It's a resurrected Dio or just straight up God. Calling it now.

It's Dio, the shoes look like his shoes from part 3 (with the Joestar birth mark on them) and you can see what looks like two Ds from from Diego's hat where his knees would be, although one is backwards for some reason. It's Araki I don't gotta explain shit, the only other thing I could think of if it is just God and the one on his left knee is a G, the O is on his crotch and it's a D on the other knee

I'm thinking the story mode is basically going to be if Pucci completed whatever it is he was trying to do. This still hasn't been confirmed for a Western release yet right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom