• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love part 5, i actually use parts of it in lesson plans to middle school students.

I would like to think that you teach high fashion.

0af72579.jpg

Astral

It's for that reason I hope it won't be 2 cours with a break and be one single 48 episode romp.

Part 4 is pretty long though. I'd say it'll be a bit more than 50 episodes. I hope they don't rush through stuff just to make it fit into two cours. Though if they do, maybe it'll be better paced than part 3 since that really didn't need to be 48 episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Part 4 was one or two volumes longer than Part 3. I imagine it'll be close to the same amount of episodes that Part 3 got.

What would be a good splitting point if they do split it into two separate seasons?

Squishy3

Yeah, Part 4 was one or two volumes longer than Part 3. I imagine it'll be close to the same amount of episodes that Part 3 got.

What would be a good splitting point if they do split it into two separate seasons?
If they can pace it that way I'd say right after Sheer Heart Attack is a perfect spot to end it for the split. Or Atom Heart Father. But that depends if they can pace it that fast.

Order

I think the first season should end right after Kira kills his first victim.

There's absolutely no way David Pro will fit Part 4 into 48-52 episodes with the pacing they used for Part 3 where it was 2.5-3 chapters per episode depending on the fight. Because of that glacial pacing, they really rushed the hell out of Terrence D'Arby and DIO's World.

fertygo

yeah they will just adapt 4-5 chapter instead per eps

They can't decide "lol let made 58 eps" for TV/Blu-ray schedule, they must decide even number

Jaxec

I hope David doesn't try to make certain arcs longer than they need to. Part 3's adaptation did kind of suffer from the pacing ( I enjoyed all the episodes, but even I can admit it can get pretty problematic). A lot of the arcs in Part 3 should have been 1 episode, like Boingo and Hol Horse, and more time should've been given to DIO's World (although part of me did find it cool that with the pacing they used they were able to start DIO's World at episode 21, the number of the world tarot). Hopefully with Part 4 they can tone this down. I love all the arcs in this part, but something like Let's go Hunting shouldn't be more than one episode. Also I think a good place to end the first half of the anime would be people of Morioh. It'd be cool if one of the final scenes we see before the break is this

013.png

Since I think it leads perfect into the second half.

Squishy3

I hope David doesn't try to make certain arcs longer than they need to. Part 3's adaptation did kind of suffer from the pacing ( I enjoyed all the episodes, but even I can admit it can get pretty problematic). A lot of the arcs in Part 3 should have been 1 episode, like Boingo and Hol Horse, and more time should've been given to DIO's World (although part of me did find it cool that with the pacing they used they were able to start DIO's World at episode 21, the number of the world tarot). Hopefully with Part 4 they can tone this down. I love all the arcs in this part, but something like Let's go Hunting shouldn't be more than one episode. Also I think a good place to end the first half of the anime would be people of Morioh. It'd be cool if one of the final scenes we see before the break is this

013.png

Since I think it leads perfect into the second half.
People of Morioh would be really demanding on pacing, that's even more than I suggested.

I suggested ending for split cours either at Sheer Heart Attack's ending or Atom Heart Father, and People of Morioh has Kira Yoshikage just wants a quiet life before it. Sidenote: it's kind of hilarious Okuyasu brought his dad to that meeting even though Josuke and Koichi are the only ones who know about him

1 Josuke meets Jotaro
2 Josuke meets Angelo
3 The Nijimura Brothers 1
4 The Nijimura Brothers 2
5 Koichi Hirose's Echoes
6 Toshikazu Hazamada's Surface
7 Yukako Yamagishi Falls in Love 1
8 Yukako Yamagishi Falls in Love 2
9 Let's go Eat Italian
10 Red Hot Chilli Peppers 1
11 Red Hot Chilli Peppers 2
12 Red Hot Chilli Peppers 3
13 I Found Something Bad
14 Let's go to the Mangaka's House 1
15 Let's go to the Mangaka's House 2
16 Let's Go Hunting
17 Rohan Kishibe's Adventure
18 Shigechi's Harvest
19 Shigechi's Harvest 2
20 Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life
21 Yukako Yamagishi's Longs for Cinderella
22 Sheer Heart Attack
23 Sheer Heart Attack 2
24 Sheer Heart Attack 3 (ends with Kira's getaway, a damn good cliffhanger if you ask me)
~season break~
25 Atom Heart Father
26 Yoshikage Kira's New Life
27 The Rock-Paper-Scissors Boy Is Coming
28 I am an Alien
29 I am an Alien 2
30 High Way Star 1
31 High Way Star 2
32 The Cat Who Loved Yoshikage Kira 1
33 The Cat Who Loved Yoshikage Kira 2
34 Let's Live on a Tower 1
35 Let's Live on a Tower 2
36 The Enigma Boy 1
37 The Enigma Boy 2
38 My Dad Is Not My Dad
39 Cheap Trick 1
40 Cheap Trick 2
41: Another One Bites the Dust 1
42 Another One Bites the Dust 2
43 Another One Bites the Dust 3
44 Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable 1
45 Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable 2
46 Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable 3
47 Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable 4
48 Goodbye Morioh

Jaxec

1 Josuke meets Jotaro
2 Josuke meets Angelo
5 Koichi Hirose's Echoes
9 Let's go Eat Italian
13 I Found Something Bad
16 Let's Go Hunting
18 Shigechi's Harvest
19 Shigechi's Harvest 2
22 Sheer Heart Attack
23 Sheer Heart Attack 2
24 Sheer Heart Attack 3 (ends with Kira's getaway, a damn good cliffhanger if you ask me)
~season break~
25 Atom Heart Father
28 I am an Alien
29 I am an Alien 2
30 High Way Star 1
31 High Way Star 2
36 The Enigma Boy 1
37 The Enigma Boy 2
38 My Dad Is Not My Dad
39 Cheap Trick 1
40 Cheap Trick 2
48 Goodbye Morioh

I change my mind. That is a damn good place to end the first half. Kira's getaway. Fuck, that's amazing!

1 Josuke meets Jotaro
2 Josuke meets Angelo
5 Koichi Hirose's Echoes
9 Let's go Eat Italian
13 I Found Something Bad
16 Let's Go Hunting
18 Shigechi's Harvest
19 Shigechi's Harvest 2
22 Sheer Heart Attack
23 Sheer Heart Attack 2
~season break~
25 Atom Heart Father
28 I am an Alien
29 I am an Alien 2
30 High Way Star 1
31 High Way Star 2
36 The Enigma Boy 1
37 The Enigma Boy 2
38 My Dad Is Not My Dad
39 Cheap Trick 1
40 Cheap Trick 2
48 Goodbye Morioh
Nijimura Brothers in 2 episodes, but RHCP in 3? I know it's not yours, but that's kinda messed up with how the former has more chapters than the latter.

Here's mine:
1 Josuke meets Jotaro
2 Josuke meets Angelo
5 Koichi Hirose's Echoes
9 Yukako Yamagishi Falls in Love 3 (Felt like there's 2much dialogue for two episodes.)
10 Let's go Eat Italian
11 Red Hot Chilli Peppers 1
12 Red Hot Chilli Peppers 2
13 I Found Something Bad
16 Let's Go Hunting
18 Shigechi's Harvest 1
19 Shigechi's Harvest 2
20 Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life 1
21 Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life 2
22 Yukako Yamagishi's Longs for Cinderella 1
23 Yukako Yamagishi Longs for Cinderella 2
24 Sheer Heart Attack 1
25 Sheer Heart Attack 2
26 Sheer Heart Attack 3
~season break~
27 Atom Heart Father 1
28 Atom Heart Father 2
29 The Rock-Paper-Scissors Boy Is Coming 1 (I integrated Kira's New Life Part 1 here.)
30 The Rock-Paper-Scissors Boy Is Coming 2
31 I am an Alien 1 (I integrated Kira's New Life Part 2 here.)
32 I am an Alien 2
33 Highway Star 1
34 Highway Star 2
35 The Cat Who Loved Yoshikage Kira 1
36 The Cat Who Loved Yoshikage Kira 2
37 Let's Live on a Tower 1
38 Let's Live on a Tower 2
39 The Enigma Boy 1
40 The Enigma Boy 2
41 My Dad Is Not My Dad
42 Cheap Trick 1
43 Cheap Trick 2
44 Another One Bites the Dust 1
45 Another One Bites the Dust 2
46 Another One Bites the Dust 3
47 Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable 1
48 Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable 2
49 Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable 3
50 Goodbye Morioh

Of course, this will all be null once the first few episodes air. That'll tell us how they'll pace this whole shebang.

The pacing will depend entirely on if we get 24 episode seasons again or if we can manage to get 26 instead. It WILL be either 48 or 52 eps, no more or less.

Tizoc

Part 4 is pretty long though. I'd say it'll be a bit more than 50 episodes. I hope they don't rush through stuff just to make it fit into two cours. Though if they do, maybe it'll be better paced than part 3 since that really didn't need to be 48 episodes.

It can be adapted into 48 episodes, I did the maths a few posts back but might need to redo it since I ca't find it atm :V

Squishy3

Are 2 cour shows with 25 episodes a thing? I just assume it has to be either 12 or 13 eps for both cour but not like 13 for the first and then 12 for the second.
It just depends, some shows bend the rules. Like the first FMA series has 51 episodes and then Brotherhood has 64 episodes. :lol

As much as I like part 4, looking over the chapter lists I would understand if some found the shift from the Kira episodes to the SOL stuff jarring.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion 49

Man I don't got a clue what's going on anymore. So the guy Kira saw in the restaurant is...JoJolion Josuke with Part 4 Josuke's hair? Or someone different?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion 49

Man I don't got a clue what's going on anymore. So the guy Kira saw in the restaurant is...JoJolion Josuke with Part 4 Josuke's hair? Or someone different?

It's Josefumi from Karera's pic. The fax of Damo is likely a fake identity.

JoJolion 49 Spoilers:
I guess we know now how the Rock Humans imported their rock fruit. But still, I feel like that there has to be an ulterior motive to all of this. So far, their reasons to attack the characters are info-related. The only exception is that Aishou attacked in response to being tailed by Yasuho and Tsurugi. We do know that Yotsuyu killed Josefumi himself, which led to him being fused with Kira. We find out in this chapter that Kira stumbling upon Aishou and the Rokakaka fruit in the cargo of the ship was the impetus of his investigation of the Rokakaka. What makes information of the Rokakaka so dangerous though? Aishou is seen selling it to an old dude like a drug deal. Is that the Rock Humans' goal? To sell weird fruit? Kira even mentions in this chapter that the fruit isn't technically illegal since it went through procedures. There has to be a bigger picture.

I wonder what Damo wants to specifically know about Kira + his unknown third goal.

It's Josefumi from Karera's pic. The fax of Damo is likely a fake identity.

JoJolion 49 Spoilers:
I guess we know now how the Rock Humans imported their rock fruit. But still, I feel like that there has to be an ulterior motive to all of this. So far, their reasons to attack the characters are info-related. The only exception is that Aishou attacked in response to being tailed by Yasuho and Tsurugi. We do know that Yotsuyu killed Josefumi himself, which led to him being fused with Kira. We find out in this chapter that Kira stumbling upon Aishou and the Rokakaka fruit in the cargo of the ship was the impetus of his investigation of the Rokakaka. What makes information of the Rokakaka so dangerous though? Aishou is seen selling it to an old dude like a drug deal. Is that the Rock Humans' goal? To sell weird fruit? Kira even mentions in this chapter that the fruit isn't technically illegal since it went through procedures. There has to be a bigger picture.

I wonder what Damo wants to specifically know about Kira + his unknown third goal.

where do you guys read your jojo's... manga park, mangahere.co? any recommendations?

JayEH

Good chapter. Like that we got to see Kira. This does raise some questions regarding Kira and Josefumi's relationship though.

Squishy3

It's just the extra ka that makes it sound really silly. Rokaka is perfectly normal. Rokakaka is just dumb.

Now all I can imagine is Gob doing the chicken dance.

Crocodile

There's absolutely no way David Pro will fit Part 4 into 48-52 episodes with the pacing they used for Part 3 where it was 2.5-3 chapters per episode depending on the fight. Because of that glacial pacing, they really rushed the hell out of Terrence D'Arby and DIO's World.

As someone who never read the manga for Part III, I didn't find the encounter with Terrence or Dio's World to be rushed at all. Did they cut anything important? I will agree a few of the earlier fights could have been shorter (Boingo & Hol Horse, Alessi w/ Set - but mostly because I just didn't like that fight) but I thought the pacing was fine/good for the vast majority of them.

Literally the only thing cut from DIO's World was the car running over the people in the sidewalk (and Waldo). With the exception of changing around the order of events when showing Kakyoin's death and The World's ability reveal, it was panel for panel what the fight was in the manga. The original OVAs extended the fight so I guess that's why some people feel it's shorter.

Either that or they wanted David Pro to extend it too.

Crocodile

Even having not read the manga, I could tell they were being faithful to the source material to a degree that it was a detriment to the adaptation - primary example being the sudden appearance of the Super Sayian auras and people literally flying all over the place in Dio's World. I think those omissions, plus some other changes, in the OVA were for the better. However, that's not a pacing issue at all. Perhaps people are trying to say, without admitting it, that they really liked some of the changes in the OVA version of the fight? That isn't to say the TV version didn't do somethings better too (music choice, ROAD ROLLA!, etc.) but I think the ideal adaptation of that iconic fight lies somewhere between what the TV series did and what the OVA did.

As someone who never read the manga for Part III, I didn't find the encounter with Terrence or Dio's World to be rushed at all. Did they cut anything important? I will agree a few of the earlier fights could have been shorter (Boingo & Hol Horse, Alessi w/ Set - but mostly because I just didn't like that fight) but I thought the pacing was fine/good for the vast majority of them.
It's not that they cut anything. It's just that they suddenly went from 2.5-3 chapters an episode to 4-5.5 chapters an episode. They were still technically covering everything, but everything felt fast-forwarded. Not to the extent of Kill-la-Kill mind you, but still. DIO's World Part 1 and DIO's World Part 3 were the episodes that suffered the most out of this.

petran79

Banned
Even having not read the manga, I could tell they were being faithful to the source material to a degree that it was a detriment to the adaptation - primary example being the sudden appearance of the Super Sayian auras and people literally flying all over the place in Dio's World. I think those omissions, plus some other changes, in the OVA were for the better. However, that's not a pacing issue at all. Perhaps people are trying to say, without admitting it, that they really liked some of the changes in the OVA version of the fight? That isn't to say the TV version didn't do somethings better too (music choice, ROAD ROLLA!, etc.) but I think the ideal adaptation of that iconic fight lies somewhere between what the TV series did and what the OVA did.

I actually liked the 1993 OVA better than both the TV series and the manga. It added some extra scenes and dialog not present in any of the two. The final dialog between Jotaro and N'Doul especially leaves an impact.
But it really shows that it was produced by animation veterans. David Production simply cant hold a candle to it. Animation quality is one of the best I've seen for an action series. Even the newer OVA has better atmosphere, despite not adapting the best part of the manga
I see that also Satoshi Kon was involved in episode 2. Mitsuo Iso and Hiroyuki Okiura as well in other episodes

I still remember when fellow manga reader MetroidPrimeRib was hardcore backing the anime as a "faithful adaptation" tears were streaming down my eyes as I read that post. MPB, why?

Btw read the latest JJL, can we get some answers now?

I still remember when fellow manga reader MetroidPrimeRib was hardcore backing the anime as a "faithful adaptation" tears were streaming down my eyes as I read that post. MPB, why?

Btw read the latest JJL, can we get some answers now?

What did I do??? I definitely said that I was against the DP adaptation being incomplete or cutting stuff since we already got that with the OVA and the only point to making an adaptation of SC again was if they were going to go all the way and I'm glad they did even if some people didn't like it because now we can be sure they will going forward. Also people can stop comparing it to the damn OVAs

I actually liked the 1993 OVA better than both the TV series and the manga. It added some extra scenes and dialog not present in any of the two. The final dialog between Jotaro and N'Doul especially leaves an impact.
But it really shows that it was produced by animation veterans. David Production simply cant hold a candle to it. Animation quality is one of the best I've seen for an action series. Even the newer OVA has better atmosphere, despite not adapting the best part of the manga
I see that also Satoshi Kon was involved in episode 2. Mitsuo Iso and Hiroyuki Okiura as well in other episodes

love the ova, it was the first jojo i was exposed to... the David Production seemed more of a visual novel drama than an action anime.

Squishy3

Alright, so thinking about it, I'm at least nailing some things down that probably don't matter but whatever.

So Josefumi Kujo is obviously the Josuke of this universe, but isn't the bastard son of Joseph Joestar this time and is instead the son of whoever the equivalent to Sadao Kujo is in this universe. And in this universe Karera (the Yukako equivalent) isn't in love with Yasuho (the Koichi equivalent) but Josefumi. His stand is the bubble stand (evidenced by him taking the pepper that got spilled on his ramen in the latest chapter and depositing it on the counter) and I guess because he's not in the Joestar family tree this means he doesn't get Crazy Diamond, while Kira gets to retain Killer Queen because his father isn't a different person. Without a doubt he is now fused with Kira and became Gappy.

Holly marries into the Kira family instead of the Kujo family this time around, and was affected by the Wall Eyes and gained a stand. It is then mentioned in the chapter that Yasuho meets with her that she's missing parts of her brain. Now, this is actually important. Kira did succeed in giving a Rokakaka fruit to her to cure the rock sickness (I guess this started passing down through the Joestar line after the disease got pushed onto Johnny's son after he redirected it using the corpse) and it took parts of her brain as equivalent exchange. (The elderly man Aisho gave a fruit to lost his eyesight in return for growing back his lost limb)

Kira, well... we know the least about him other than that he has Killer Queen, is dead, and was friends with Karera and Josefumi (as evidenced by the picture taken) and at one point lived with Josefumi. My guess is Kira, Karera (She was involved in some degree based on her behavior upon learning that Kira was dead) and Josefumi were tracking the movements of the Rock Men and at some point stole a set of Rokakaka fruits using Kira's status as a cargo ship doctor. (Hey, a similarity to Jotaro. Just a ship doctor instead of a marine biologist.)

Obviously the big questions are: What is Joubin's involvement with the fruit and who exactly is Tamaki Damo? Who is the mysterious baby that washed up on shore the day Johnny Joestar died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom