• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

Holly marries into the Kira family instead of the Kujo family this time around, and was affected by the Wall Eyes and gained a stand. It is then mentioned in the chapter that Yasuho meets with her that she's missing parts of her brain. Now, this is actually important. Kira did succeed in giving a Rokakaka fruit to her to cure the rock sickness (I guess this started passing down through the Joestar line after the disease got pushed onto Johnny's son after he redirected it using the corpse) and it took parts of her brain as equivalent exchange. (The elderly man Aisho gave a fruit to lost his eyesight in return for growing back his lost limb)
I always figured the reason Holy was missing part of her brain was that the stealing Stand of Jôsuke's not-Kira half (now apparently revealed to be Josefumi) had been used on her...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh right, we still don't know much about Josefumi.

Though at least this chapter doesn't confirm that everyone's dead. Just... weirdly shaped. And I guess Hato hasn't developed Stand powers.

cntr

Banned
Alright, so thinking about it, I'm at least nailing some things down that probably don't matter but whatever.

So Josefumi Kujo is obviously the Josuke of this universe, but isn't the bastard son of Joseph Joestar this time and is instead the son of whoever the equivalent to Sadao Kujo is in this universe. And in this universe Karera (the Yukako equivalent) isn't in love with Yasuho (the Koichi equivalent) but Josefumi. His stand is the bubble stand (evidenced by him taking the pepper that got spilled on his ramen in the latest chapter and depositing it on the counter) and I guess because he's not in the Joestar family tree this means he doesn't get Crazy Diamond, while Kira gets to retain Killer Queen because his father isn't a different person. Without a doubt he is now fused with Kira and became Gappy.
Josefumi has the stealing part of Soft 'n Wet, he does it with the pepper in the new chapter. The bubble part is from Kira. (Which is from Stray Cat in the Part 4 finale.)

I think Josefumi is still a Joestar, but is Holly's illegitimate son. Kira recognized him.

Holly marries into the Kira family instead of the Kujo family this time around, and was affected by the Wall Eyes and gained a stand. It is then mentioned in the chapter that Yasuho meets with her that she's missing parts of her brain. Now, this is actually important. Kira did succeed in giving a Rokakaka fruit to her to cure the rock sickness (I guess this started passing down through the Joestar line after the disease got pushed onto Johnny's son after he redirected it using the corpse) and it took parts of her brain as equivalent exchange. (The elderly man Aisho gave a fruit to lost his eyesight in return for growing back his lost limb)
I'm assuming the stone curse is from Joestars being half Higashikatas, the corpse triggered it in George because it's a dick.

Obviously the big questions are: What is Joubin's involvement with the fruit and who exactly is Tamaki Damo? Who is the mysterious baby that washed up on shore the day Johnny Joestar died?
I thought the baby was a Rock Human, and they called in the others from Papua New Guinea for the Rokakaka plot.

PK Gaming

CXmFpf3W8AADq5H.png

You're all wrong

From an interview

What's the most important thing in the world to you?

A. A lot is important to me... hmm. The most important thing would be my breathing technique, I suppose. (LOL) If my breathing gets bad, my stomach starts to hurt. So every morning, I use a special breathing technique. I store up breath around my ribs. It trains my inner muscles and connects me with the universe. It's pretty deep.

He's a ripple user

Weiss

Banned
So I'm too impatient to wait for the anime, so I started reading Diamond is Unbreakable.

It is really good. At first it just came off as a typical Shonen of Japanese high school students getting into wacky supernatural events, but it feels like using a typical setting and combining it with the best parts of JoJo to create something totally fresh. The chapters at the Italian restaurant and Koichi's stalker were amazing.

Seeing Joseph, the showboating jerkface with a heart of gold from Parts 2 and 3, turn into this doddering old fogey is surprisingly sad.

Promise me it never turns into a Tournament Arc.

Jaxec

So I'm too impatient to wait for the anime, so I started reading Diamond is Unbreakable.

It is really good. At first it just came off as a typical Shonen of Japanese high school students getting into wacky supernatural events, but it feels like using a typical setting and combining it with the best parts of JoJo to create something totally fresh. The chapters at the Italian restaurant and Koichi's stalker were amazing.

Seeing Joseph, the showboating jerkface with a heart of gold from Parts 2 and 3, turn into this doddering old fogey is surprisingly sad.

Don't worry, it won't. And if you're loving what you've read so far, then the second half is gonna blow you away. Gotta ask though, how's Josuke ranking for you as far as JoJos go?

Weiss

Banned
Don't worry, it won't. And if you're loving what you've read so far, then the second half is gonna blow you away. Gotta ask though, how's Josuke ranking for you as far as JoJos go?

I am really loving Josuke so far. He feels much more realized than 2D badass Jotaro. I like how he can still be emotional and a goofball without devolving into "must be badass at all times" like a lot of shonen characters do.

Heck, even Jotaro feels like more of a character here than he did in Stardust Crusaders. That part where he talks about how Josuke's Stand is the most gentle and caring gift somebody could have said more about him than the entirety of his frowning in Part 3.

If I had to rank them it'd be Josuke = Joseph > Jotaro >>>> Johnathan.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jotaro is pretty cool in DiU. I found him largely boring as the lead in SC, but he plays well off Josuke and the boys.

Squishy3

I am really loving Josuke so far. He feels much more realized than 2D badass Jotaro. I like how he can still be emotional and a goofball without devolving into "must be badass at all times" like a lot of shonen characters do.

Heck, even Jotaro feels like more of a character here than he did in Stardust Crusaders. That part where he talks about how Josuke's Stand is the most gentle and caring gift somebody could have said more about him than the entirety of his frowning in Part 3.

You forgot the beginning of Part 3 where Jotaro notices the absence of his mom being lovey-dovey when he leaves the house.

Jaxec

Yeah that's what makes Josuke my favorite JoJo. He feels like the perfect balance of Jonathon, Joseph, and Jotaro. He's also very relatable. And yeah most people will agree that part 4 Jotaro is a much better character. He has some very cool moments in this part, so you can look forward to that. Btw which arc are you currently on, if I may ask?

Weiss

Banned
Yeah that's what makes Josuke my favorite JoJo. He feels like the perfect balance of Jonathon, Joseph, and Jotaro. He's also very relatable. And yeah most people will agree that part 4 Jotaro is a much better character. He has some very cool moments in this part, so you can look forward to that. Btw which arc are you currently on, if I may ask?

The chapters with Rohan. His Stand is friggin' ridiculous and I love it.

The Stands on display here seem a lot more creative than the previous part.

Jaxec

The chapters with Rohan. His Stand is friggin' ridiculous and I love it.

The Stands on display here seem a lot more creative than the previous part.

Yep Rohan is awesome, such a lovable jerk. Araki really went all in with Stands during this part and creativivity just oozes out. I hope to hear more of your thoughts on the upcoming chapters because in my opinion it features some of the best arcs in all of JoJo.

I remember you saying you had a hard time getting into the manga when you read it before, do you find it easier to get into this time around?

Weiss

Banned
I remember you saying you had a hard time getting into the manga when you read it before, do you find it easier to get into this time around?

That was the first volume of Phantom Blood I tried, which was really, really boring. Couple that with how massive the series is and I got scared off until I tried again with the anime, which probably did the smart thing and majorly compressed Phantom Blood to nine episodes.

Diamond is Unbreakable is definitely a lot better than what I had read.

EDIT: Ooookay, shit's gotten super weird.

Gotta hand it to Araki, he knows how to make some good manga.

Astral

So any of you guys have EoH? What are your thoughts on it? Is it just kinda fun but mediocre gameplay and awesome fanservice like ASB?

Squishy3

So any of you guys have EoH? What are your thoughts on it? Is it just kinda fun but mediocre gameplay and awesome fanservice like ASB?
It's ok, I haven't played a lot recently. Lots of menus and stuff I can't really understand. Localization will probably be helpful. Shop alone is massive, tons of stuff to buy. And Norisuke is the shopkeeper.

D-Man

I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I have the PS3 version so there are some issues like the frame rate dropping easily and other things, but it's actually pretty fun. I'd say it's a decent game but one that fans should definitely check out. I would've preferred ASB 2 (without the dumb Campaign mode shit, of course) but what we got in the end was satisfactory in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom