• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

Banned
Rohan just had a fiery climactic game of Rock Paper Scissors and it was the best thing ever.

Diamond is Unbreakable is so good.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Rohan's the fucking best, dude.

He has some more classic stuff past that RPS arc too. Oh man. Keep going lol.

Weiss

Banned
God, do I believe that. This is easily the best part of JoJo, which makes it weird that it's apparently unpopular in Japan compared to Parts 3 and 5.

Dio's always going to be the best villain, but Kira is just so awesome and creepy.

Astral

So I'm watching Stardust Crusaders again and I'm at Judgment. I'm wondering why Araki didn't just let Avdol stay dead and have his dad take his place. Since they'd have been father and son they could have had similar Stands. Surely fans would've been pretty satisfied with that. It would have made more sense than the group being a bunch of assholes and letting Polnareff believe Avdol was still dead and that that was actually his dad.

So I'm watching Stardust Crusaders again and I'm at Judgment. I'm wondering why Araki didn't just let Avdol stay dead and have his dad take his place. Since they'd have been father and son they could have had similar Stands. Surely fans would've been pretty satisfied with that. It would have made more sense than the group being a bunch of assholes and letting Polnareff believe Avdol was still dead and that that was actually his dad.

But the group is a bunch of assholes! Every last one of them.

I didn't like Avdol dying to begin with...only to eventually die again.

JayEH

Well I don't think not telling Pol about Avdol was an asshole move. He runs his mouth a lot so they needed to keep Avdol safe. Makes sense for the characters involved. I wouldn't be a big fan of having another family member of one of the crusaders involved.

It would've felt cheaper if he brought in a relative that looks like Avdol and had similar powers just suddenly appear. Bringing Avdol back was largely out of Araki's hands but that's the nature of the beast.

Welfare

The Stardust Crusaders was just a group of strong assholes with the same goal of killing DIO. It wasn't until the last third of the part where you could say all of them were friends.

Squishy3

The Stardust Crusaders was just a group of strong assholes with the same goal of killing DIO. It wasn't until the last third of the part where you could say all of them were friends.
cnGV4F.gif

Weiss

Banned
Well, I'm done with Diamond is Unbreakable.

The finale felt abrupt and there was a huge lost opportunity with how little Josuke and Joseph interacted, but otherwise it really sold the bizarre of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, with time bending bombs, mutant plant cats, and a guy who might be an alien.

Does Vento Aureo have a good translation or does it have its own duwang?

But the group is a bunch of assholes! Every last one of them.

I didn't like Avdol dying to begin with...only to eventually die again.

I thought that was great. Reviving Avdol made the viewer relax and think nobody was actually going to die, only for the dude to be completely obliterated with Iggy and Kakyoin quickly following suit.

Apparently his death was supposed to stick and Hol Horse was going to become a main character, but I'm okay with what we got. Hol Horse is best when he's a total dickbag.

Semblance

Avdol being brought back from the dead was stupid af, though we did get him and Joseph dryhumping in the Mariah arc as a result, RIP.

Ever since someone brought up how Jotaro and Polnareff should've gotten the Mariah fight while Avdol and Joseph should've gotten the Alessi fight I have been bugged to no end.

Imagine Polnareff dry humping a super stoic and slightly annoyed Jotaro (or vice versa?!?)

Imagine baby avdol attempting to keep his honor while being bathed by that random lady, and then he gets saved by Battle Tendency Joseph.

Fuck

FUCK.

JayEH

Well, I'm done with Diamond is Unbreakable.

The finale felt abrupt and there was a huge lost opportunity with how little Josuke and Joseph interacted, but otherwise it really sold the bizarre of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, with time bending bombs, mutant plant cats, and a guy who might be an alien.

Does Vento Aureo have a good translation or does it have its own duwang?

Ending felt a bit rushed but it's hard to follow up on the dio fight of part 3. I very much agree with what you said about this being most "bizarre". I've always felt part 4 best lives up to the name of the series compared to other parts since it is just slice of life with random BS happening in a small town. Great part one of my favorites.

The part 5 translation is a bit tricky. The finished translation is fine and very much readable but the translation is just a bit bland. Some characters come off as boring, etc. There's currently another group re translating it I'm not sure how far they are though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ever since someone brought up how Jotaro and Polnareff should've gotten the Mariah fight while Avdol and Joseph should've gotten the Alessi fight I have been bugged to no end.

Imagine Polnareff dry humping a super stoic and slightly annoyed Jotaro (or vice versa?!?)

Imagine baby avdol attempting to keep his honor while being bathed by that random lady, and then he gets saved by Battle Tendency Joseph.

Fuck

FUCK.
Oh god, yeah, especially since Avdol turns Old Joseph into BT Joseph in the Capcom fighter. Now I want to see that situation happen just for Part 2 Joseph to return for one more battle.

Semblance

Yeah, Stone Ocean is the most bizarre. Part of the reason why it's one of my favorites. Jojolion's fuckery is up there as well though.

Magwik

Banned

At least he gave Avdol a personality the second time round. I also think it was necessary to get rid of him and his knowledge of stands so the others could stand on their own more.

KarasuEXE

Fuck

FUCK.

Oh god, yeah, especially since Avdol turns Old Joseph into BT Joseph in the Capcom fighter. Now I want to see that situation happen just for Part 2 Joseph to return for one more battle.

Well, Kohei Ashiya (SC's animation and art director) did some sketches back in April...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take it one step further.

Bruce Wayne is Batman's Stand!

Squishy3

What is a good source for jojo iphone 6 plus covers?
Doesn't seem there are any 6 plus ones, only 6 and 6s. I'd say check after the merchandise cycle for the Part 4 anime has started. Worst case scenario you can just find some art you like, and there's probably a place that makes custom labels for iphone covers or something like that.

Weiss

Banned
So for anyone in the know, how does the universe reset at the end of Part 6 work? Were the previous six parts completely overwritten, or is it an AU thing, like Eyes of Heaven suggests?

cntr

Banned
So for anyone in the know, how does the universe reset at the end of Part 6 work? Were the previous six parts completely overwritten, or is it an AU thing, like Eyes of Heaven suggests?
The OG Jojo 'verse got reset, then UNreset by Pucci's death, but altered in a way. It's still the original timeline.

A multiverse got created, SBR/Jojolion's verse being one of them.

Squishy3

It's basically the world line theory, but in regards to multiple universes instead. Every possible permutation of anything exists.

Weiss

Banned
So if I have this right there's:

The original, now mixed up universe reset by Pucci. Most things are the same but Jolyne and the SO cast are alive and Jolyne (now Irene) gets along with her dad.

The new universe from Steel Ball Run onward, with Part 7 and 8.

The universe from Eyes of Heaven where
Avdol, Kakyoin and Iggy survived Stardust Crusaders, and Jotaro brings Jolyne with him to Morioh.

Weiss

Banned
Started Vento Aureo, up until the introduction of Fugo's Stand.

Giorno sounds like a fanfic character on paper, being Dio and Johnathan's half vampire son, but I really like how the group are actual, bloodthirsty, murderous gangsters. Jotaro and Joseph only ever killed in the heat of battle and Josuke didn't kill anyone, period, but these guys are ready to just destroy you. Plus, using the backstory of JoJo to jump off into a completely new country with wholly new characters and conflicts is such a cool idea and something I wish JoJo did a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom