• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

I know I'm probably out of step with current spoiler ettiquette but IMO treating the bare fact of parentage for Josuke, GioGio or Jolyne as a spoiler is going too far. That's more the kind of thing that if someone doesn't want to know *anything* they need to exclude themselves.

Yonafunu

I'd say look at how the anime itself treats the information. For example, you can clearly see Okuyasu standing with Josuke and Koichi in the promo art, so there's really no need to hide the fact that they're going to be friends.

Trying to dance around people who give too much of a shit about what a "spoiler" is too tiring and nonsensical since those people will get upset at anything.

Spoiler - Kira kills Fatty.

Not a spoiler - Josuke is Joseph's bastard son.

Spoiler - Kira's Stand is Killer Queen, which creates bombs.

Not a spoiler - Jotaro is a main character...meaning he obviously survived.

Spoiler - Killer Queen's ultimate ability is Another One Bites the Dust, which kills anyone who attempts to gain info on Kira and creates a time loop.

Not a spoiler - Josuke's Stand is Crazy Diamond, which allows him to "repair" things back to what they once were - along with Star Platinum-like strength.

Pretty simple for me.

Yonafunu

Half of that shit is episode 1 stuff anyway, so it's not like it really matters whether you put it in the OP or not. Everybody is going to watch the first episode the minute it goes up, this discussion will be pointless by then.

Squishy3

Yeah I don't think Josuke's parentage is a spoiler at all, but there's still people who don't know for whatever reason even though it's been spelled out in most places regarding the anime.

I mean nearly all the major players are in that last key visual except for like Akira, Kira, Reimi and Shigechi plus the latter half's Stand mooks. It'd be an asshole thing to go shouting about the rooftops about everyone in that key visual, of course.

Pappasman

On the topic of spoilers, I'm kinda mad that in EoH (SBR spoiler)
Dio with The World
is a character. That was one of the coolest reveals in the whole series for me. Doesn't need to be in a game, there are so many other great unique characters in the series.

Squishy3

searching for a part 4 avatar to use and i found a pixiv artist that draws stands as girls because of course that's a thing who am i kidding it's the internet

art's kinda rough but it's not like they don't know how to put together an image, i actually really dig the crazy diamond/killer queen one

YgaQNJf.jpg

that villain stand slumber party tho
apeRpxl.jpg

hTFxV5V.jpg

fertygo

FF :(

She looks cool as shit too

one of Araki's best design

come to think about it, Araki hasn't drawing cool women since SO, holy shit.

Tizoc

Will ep 1 of part 4 be some kind of 1 hour special; 2 eps?
Or will they cover all the angelo stuff in 1 episode @.@
Inthink at the very least it nds with his gradnfather's funeral

That's a shame.

I feel for Araki though. He wanted Lisa Lisa to have a greater role in BT's story but Shueisha, apparently, wasn't having that. Then he does Stone Ocean and gets flak for not making Jolyne super model.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Stone Ocean should have ran in Weekly Young Jump or something instead. It really wasn't WSJ material tbh.

Weiss

Banned
Well, that's Steel Ball Run.

It's definitely good, Johnny and Gyro are probably the best written and most complex leads in the entire franchise, and the rotating supporting cast was a great way to include interesting characters without them ending up overshadowed by the leads the way Parts 2 and 6 unfortunately did.

Still, it dragged a lot at times, and Valentine was a great villain marred by little personal conflict with the heroes until the very end, and
pulling in another Dio who has The World for no reason was the absolute worst way to end the series, and I have absolutely no idea why Araki chose to do so.
I kinda wish the race itself had more prominence, as by the end it was really only a setting to the story of cowboys finding Jesus.

Ultimately, though, it was pretty damn great. I think I'll wait awhile before I dive into JoJolion.

"He later died of a cold" is the most brutal line I've ever seen.

Still, it dragged a lot at times, and Valentine was a great villain marred by little personal conflict with the heroes until the very end, and
pulling in another Dio who has The World for no reason was the absolute worst way to end the series, and I have absolutely no idea why Araki chose to do so.

You are so so so so so so wrong. It is literally the best.

JayEH

It's definitely good, Johnny and Gyro are probably the best written and most complex leads in the entire franchise, and the rotating supporting cast was a great way to include interesting characters without them ending up overshadowed by the leads the way Parts 2 and 6 unfortunately did.

I kinda wish the race itself had more prominence, as by the end it was really only a setting to the story of cowboys finding Jesus.

Ultimately, though, it was pretty damn great. I think I'll wait awhile before I dive into JoJolion.

Yeah Johnny and Gyro are great. They definitely are the most down to earth protagonists in the series having actual issues that affect them throughout the story. I especially liked when Johnny had to make the choice of whether to keep the corpse part or save Gyro and you can tell how much he wanted that corpse piece.

As far as the ending I'm guessing he Araki had to add that last part since he ended it earlier than he was supposed and then had to make up some stuff to fill time? That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Astral

Dude nooo. That was the best fucking part. You think it's over and BAM! I lost my shit. His death was brutal too.

I think I'm still split on
Diego Za Warudo
tbh. Think a large part of that is because I really wanted Johnny to win then Diego just shows up, just shows up and says nah bro.

Also spoiler tags? We doin this?

Beckx

that's why it's awesome

it's not about actually winning the race or achieving the goals you had when you started

Matsukaze

I'm kinda split on Diego II. On the one hand, his appearance (well, not his appearance lol) was cool and came as a total surprise to me. On the other hand, the final showdown with Funny Valentine was so satisfying that returning the spotlight to Diego by that point just struck me as rather unnecessary, regardless of the entertainment factor.

jgminto

Valentine > Diego > DIO
D4C > Scary Monster > ZA WARUDO

While the final fight was cool, I would have rather seen a satisfying conclusion between Johnny and Valentine. Diego was a scheming, slightly above average stand user and he fit that position well in SBR.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, but ZA WARUDiego isn't Diego, he's Dio. Just compare how Dio, Diego, and Alternate Diego behave and talk.

Crocodile

tumblr_o4i7rvllHV1ri2ni5o1_500.png

Not sure of original source though :(

That's a shame.

I feel for Araki though. He wanted Lisa Lisa to have a greater role in BT's story but Shueisha, apparently, wasn't having that. Then he does Stone Ocean and gets flak for not making Jolyne super model.

Hurray for sexism :/ :(

Beckx

Honestly, the ZA WARUDO Diego fight is best seen as an extension of the Valentine fight and as his last desperate move imo

and how it ends.

the only thing I really don't like about SBR is how after that everything wraps up in two pages. I would've preferred a longer wrapup, but it's a minor complaint.

need to re-read SBR again soon.

Lunar15

I wasn't too hot on Diego at the end either, but the fight between Johnny and Valentine is absolutely a top highlight of the entire series.

Glad you enjoyed it, Weiss. You now understand the power of the first napkin.

Weiss

Banned
I wasn't too hot on Diego at the end either, but the fight between Johnny and Valentine is absolutely a top highlight of the entire series.

Glad you enjoyed it, Weiss. You now understand the power of the first napkin.

I don't know how that metaphor was able to simultaneously be incredibly poignant and incredibly stupid.

Valentine was a great villain. Not as good as Dio and Kira, but he ties with Kars.

Squishy3

According to the French simulcast site we're getting 39 episodes this year? That means Jojo's Fridays until the end of the year. There is a god. I'm going to guess that it's probably not going to be finished this year (39 seems like very little for Part 4, unless the pace is just absolutely lightning fast for some fights) that they'd take a break skipping winter 2017, and release the final cour in spring.

It just gets better and better.
http://animedigitalnetwork.fr/news-...arre-adventure-diamond-is-unbreakable-sur-adn

Dat OP album cover

CecmsHhWEAEKmYg.jpg:large

dani_dc

Honestly I always disliked how Valentine fight ended, it felt very out of character.
Valentine had absolutely nothing to gain by trying to kill Johnny after Johnny said he wanted to believe in him, especially since they had made such a big deal about Valentine always keeping his promises.

Would had been better to have Johnny and Valentine come to terms with each other.
And then have DIO kill Valentine, would had been a better way to introduce him.

Also disliked that DIO ended up dead, just made his appearance feel cheap honestly.

According to the French simulcast site we're getting 39 episodes this year? That means Jojo's Fridays until the end of the year. There is a god. I'm going to guess that it's probably not going to be finished this year (39 seems like very little for Part 4, unless the pace is just absolutely lightning fast for some fights) that they'd take a break skipping winter 2017, and release the final cour in spring.

It just gets better and better.
http://animedigitalnetwork.fr/news-...arre-adventure-diamond-is-unbreakable-sur-adn

Dat OP album cover

CecmsHhWEAEKmYg.jpg:large

Really like Josuke look there.

Neoxon

I spoke with the guy on Twitter who was at a panel where this was revealed. Apparently Viz isn't sure if they'll redo Parts 1 & 2. And if not, it's likely that they'll just bring back the test dub cast of Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom